Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

Don’t Wish Me A Happy New Year - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Don’t Wish Me A Happy New Year (229 Views)

12 Things You Will Always Wish You Knew Early In Life / What Is That Bad Habit You Wish To Leave In 2017? / Rite Foods Limited Wishes Nigeria A Happy Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Wish Me A Happy New Year by Kosofepost(m): 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2019
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men(and women) to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

After careful and analytical consideration of many events and factors, I wish to break protocol this year by placing an embargo on this annual unconscious ritual of felicitation.
I repeat again for the first and last time, don’t ever wish me a happy new year if you’re not moved to tears with the looming crisis of climate change, abject poverty, racism, oppression, terrorism, and environmental degradation staring humanity in the eyes. Don’t tell me you’re a rock-hearted species of Homo Sapiens. Maybe red blood is no longer flowing in your restless veins.

It is a personal choice if I say I don’t need your new year’s gibberish prayers like a broken record. My good deeds to total strangers both online and offline are more than enough to pray for me. I cannot associate with hypocritical people and deracinated souls without a modicum of decency.

You’re free to assume maybe I am weird, high on expired drugs, or remotely controlled by unseen spirits, please respect my decision, it is a free world. I have fundamental human rights to enjoy my freedom of expression as a global citizen. I don’t need anybody’s permission!

RELATED: Abroadians!Grab a digital brain now

Why must you wish a happy new year when nobody in your neighbourhood can point and identify just one good deed from you in the last 12 months? What’s new about this fresh year when you’re still pulling down fellow human beings with your filthy mouth of cheap blackmail and disgusting hypocrisy?

In a nutshell, you can all feel my concern about why I don’t need new year prayers from hypocrites and dishonest people constantly swimming in the ocean of obnoxious bestiality.I rest my controversial case for now! Thank you.

*Dare Lasisi writes from the award-winning University of Strathclyde, Faculty of Science, Department of Computer & Information Sciences, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.

Re: Don’t Wish Me A Happy New Year by Sain(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2019
It's fine

1 Like

Re: Don’t Wish Me A Happy New Year by Kosofepost(m): 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2019
thanks...
Sain:
It's fine

(1) (Reply)

Burna Boy & Emco – Bulldozer / 'amotekun’ Roars Into Operation Tomorrow / Taboo! What Do You Consider As One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.