Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria (2648 Views)

2019 Presidential Election Results (Unofficial, Live Updates) / Osun 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (unofficial) / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (Unofficial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
NNEWIsuper:

Yoruba gave them that name just as Benin people gave Lagos 'Eko' name
"Eko" is not Lagos "take note" of that

Eko is a small portion of lagos island where Balee idumota "now oba of lagos was". Eko also Means oko "bush" or "farm"

Anyways, I digress, I would imply you to read the history of the Aworis and see how their name came about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2019
NNEWIsuper:

[s]You're ignorant and talking based on emotions, I won't condescend to your low level because I'm a super igboman who's superior to your tribe...

Like I said Ondo and Ekiti are not Yorubas including okun people of Kogi ....even Kwara is a breed of Fulani and Yoruba and as such no real Yorubas there and you know this[/s]

Yawnnn!!

You are boring. Move along now.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria by garfield1: 10:18pm On Dec 31, 2019
Perkins2018:

Igbos are not the second largest ethnic group in EVERY STATE in Nigeria. This ignorance is taken far too long. It depends on the state and the proximity to Igbo land. E.g igbos are not the second largest non indigenous people in ondo state, Ebiras are. Yorubas are more than ibos in Niger state. Etc.
Even in cross river state,igbos are not the largest non indigenous group.the ibibios are same as in bayelsa state.in edo,the yorubas are the largest non indigenous group.the igbos are not that numerous outside the south east.there are few but very loud and ubiquitous and highly mobile which makes their presence exaggerated.for example in my area in calabar,they are only 8 igbos but they usually meet in a particular shop owned by another igbo and make Merriment and boastful talks.but,funny enough there are over 20 yorubas but you wont know except you go close to them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria by Ndibunna: 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2019
garfield1:

[s]Even in cross river state,igbos are not the largest non indigenous group.the ibibios are same as in bayelsa state.in edo,the yorubas are the largest non indigenous group.the igbos are not that numerous outside the south east.there are few but very loud and ubiquitous and highly mobile which makes their presence exaggerated.for example in my area in calabar,they are only 8 igbos but they usually meet in a particular shop owned by another igbo and make Merriment and boastful talks.but,funny enough there are over 20 yorubas but you wont know except you go close to them[/s]

No wonder you still struggling to make with life of lies and deceit.

Let me get it straight what stops you or your people from been loud. Though I see no reason having time to even discuss an inconsequential state as cross river but your hate will only linger you from been successful.

As you coil in your mind Igbos doesn't know you exist.

I even find myself today talking about cross river....what nonsense.

No go build house in your father's compound.

Continue detailing how Igbos converge for their meetings.
Re: The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria by garfield1: 10:40pm On Dec 31, 2019
Ndibunna:

No wonder you still struggling to make with life of lies and deceit.

Let me get it straight what stops you or your people from been loud. Though I see no reason having time to even discuss an inconsequential state as cross river but your hate will only linger you from been successful.

As you coil in your mind Igbos doesn't know you exist.

I even find myself today talking about cross river....what nonsense.

No go build house in your father's compound.

Continue detailing how Igbos converge for their meetings.
Painment and unintelligence reeking

1 Like

Re: The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria by Ndibunna: 10:41pm On Dec 31, 2019
Perkins2018:

Stop fooling yourself boy. Ondo is my state. Ebiras are more than ibos here. Yorubas are more than ibos in Niger state and some states in the north.

Name the northern states?
Re: The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria by Ndibunna: 10:48pm On Dec 31, 2019
garfield1:

Painment and unintelligence reeking

If your definition of intelligent is that nonsense you penned that their then am sorry education hasn't achieved anything for you.

You think because a docile forum like this exist where lies is thee other of the day, you can elongate your own lies without been cautioned.

I am not interested where you from or where you live or sneaks out from. Igbos aren't your mate and if you can't bear them then keep quiet and live your own life.

That's how all these timid villages gossips about strangers in their vicinity because they don't have any means of livelihood.

Why not?

Lord lugard and Britain gave you a platform Nigeria to exhibit your village characteristics.
Re: The 10 Unofficial Socio-cultural Regions Of Nigeria by Ologbo147: 6:30pm On Mar 13, 2023
garfield1:

Even in cross river state,igbos are not the largest non indigenous group.the ibibios are same as in bayelsa state[b].in edo,the yorubas are the largest non indigenous group.[/b]the igbos are not that numerous outside the south east.there are few but very loud and ubiquitous and highly mobile which makes their presence exaggerated.for example in my area in calabar,they are only 8 igbos but they usually meet in a particular shop owned by another igbo and make Merriment and boastful talks.but,funny enough there are over 20 yorubas but you wont know except you go close to them
It is the Igbos, followed by Urhobo, Hausa might even tie with yoruba, This is so because many of those 'yorubas' you see in Benin city are Binis, when you substract their numbers from the original yorubas, they can't be more than Igbos. You might see someone with the name of Tayo Akpata and think he is yoruba, or Kola Edokpayi and others and think they are yorubas not knowing they are Edos. You might not be able to Identify them but we can, we call them Edo'nekhue, Edos with bi-heritage

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caption This Punch Cartoon / Video Of Esn Ipob Commander Of Orlu Command That Was Captured By The Military / 'how Can 219 Girls Be Missing' - Nigerians Dig Out Buhari's Old Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.