Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Great Farmers Am Seeking For Solution On A Mistake Made On My Farm. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Great Farmers Am Seeking For Solution On A Mistake Made On My Farm. (550 Views)

These Animals Were Killed While Ploughing My Farm Yesterday / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / Fulani Hunters Having Fun In My Farm In 2015 - Aroms Aigbehi Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Farmers Am Seeking For Solution On A Mistake Made On My Farm. by mustaqeem80: 10:15am On Dec 31, 2019
My workers initially planted cashew seed directly beside plantain suckers claiming to shield cashew when growing and give water during dry season. This is made up of 1500 cashew seed and 1500 plantain sucker so i began to worry if one will make way for the other or they both gonna make it. Please great farmer i need your advice and also need a solution if there is one.

Re: Great Farmers Am Seeking For Solution On A Mistake Made On My Farm. by fecundility(m): 4:20pm On Dec 31, 2019
get an expert to do your work
Re: Great Farmers Am Seeking For Solution On A Mistake Made On My Farm. by fecundility(m): 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2019
chat mi up for solution
Re: Great Farmers Am Seeking For Solution On A Mistake Made On My Farm. by sunplus100(m): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2019
The cashew will mature and shield the planting after 3 years ... During raining season, you do complete transplanting, the plantain will continue from same point... Note transplant 25% yearly..

Will give you full instruction.. But note after 7 years and above your plantain density will reduce and yield will be poor.

Balogunsunday87@yahoo.com
Re: Great Farmers Am Seeking For Solution On A Mistake Made On My Farm. by fecundility(m): 7:25am On Jan 01, 2020
Mr balogun is that our t intercrop. sincerely speaking that is not how to plant the root of one crop we definite disturb the other crop and there is going to b competition for nutrient uptake .
the two crops is going to disturb other best bet is to remove it and plant again. like I said again engage an expert in a project like thus
Re: Great Farmers Am Seeking For Solution On A Mistake Made On My Farm. by abolaji62(m): 5:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
Abro perishable and vegetable fruit seller of Nigeria.
Can you help sell all your farm crop you have etc cucumber tomato okro eggplant cabbage sweet corn green pepper bell pepper Chinese cucumber and Indian okro.
You can contact us on :shop address :shop12 mile12 international lagos tel 08164853900/07054758072 or join our whatsapp group :https:///LXK092QGXEvBkFAJe4wnUT ..thanks for your patronize
Re: Great Farmers Am Seeking For Solution On A Mistake Made On My Farm. by majorgr: 3:57am On Jan 29, 2020
To me, this is a new idea and deserving much attention for future studies.
Actually, the root of plantain which is considered a shrub doesn't go deep. I think what the people did was to put into consideration that cashew will later sink its roots deeper to the ground compared to the plantain. Still, at this stage, they would still be some form of competition for nutrients but later, the cashew would out grow this. Beside, from the look of things from the picture you posted, the cashew doesn't look malnuriched but well and adapting. Actually, cashews (depends on variety) are very hardy, sometimes they even grow like weeds in empty lands. They can withstand a lot of pressure! Observe them for a while, if the cashew are affected, then you will have to remove the shrubs which are not even nitrogen fixing. Usually, when we intercrop like this, we pick a crop that can benefit the other for instance, a crop than can provide nitrogen to the other: maize and soy beans. The current are not beneficiary of the other

(1) (Reply)

Cassava Sector Outlook For Year 2020 / Broilers For Sale At Cheap Price. / Feed Formulation For Broiler, Layers , Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.