Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. (4438 Views)

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo Appointed Chairman Of World Ex-president / Obasanjo Appointed Co-chair Of Council Of World Ex-presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Texcee(f): 2:29am On May 28, 2007
Nigerian Ambassador to the U.S. - George Obiozor

Ex-Minister of Finance - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

Ex-Minister of Education/Head of Due Process - Oby Ezekwesili

Central Bank Governor - Charles Soludo

Chief of Air Staff - Paul Dike

Minister of Defense - Agunyi-Ironsi

Minister of Information - Frank Nweke Jnr.

Minister of Foreign Affairs - Joy Ogwu

Deputy Inspector General of Police - Mike Okiro

Director General of NAFDAC - Dr Dora Akunyili

and all you get from igbos on Nairaland like docokwy and xtycod is hatred toward yorubas.

<<<<edited>>>
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by naijaway(m): 4:04am On May 28, 2007
were they not qualified? or what is your point?

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Nobody: 4:48am On May 28, 2007
You forgot about the DG of NAFDAC.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Texcee(f): 6:24am On May 28, 2007
naijaway:

were they not qualified? or what is your point?

I created this thread in response to the hatred shown toward yorubas from some igbos on Nairaland, especially docokwy and xtycod. To me, I think they are unfair and unjust to yorubas.

@donzman

thanks, I have added her to the list.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by smile4kenn(m): 7:37am On May 28, 2007
no comment
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Backslider(m): 10:04am On May 28, 2007
@Texcee

Let us be wary of Reverse ETHNOCENTRISM. There is so much Good in everyone of us. The high level of Patriotism in The people from the Igbo Ethnic Persuasion has made me so happy. It was like they are Hungary to serve their fatherland.

I will rather learn Igbo and other 9ja languages than any Foreign languages.

You must treat people that have Ethnic bias as people that are jaundiced. This sickness has to be treated with great care if not you will have the disease.

One of the thing that I would have done if i were in Nigeria is to learn The Igbo and 2 other Nigerian languages.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Texcee(f): 12:10pm On May 28, 2007
@Backslider

If you notice, despite all the hatred toward yorubas by docokwy and xtycod, I have never said anything hateful to the igbos.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Texcee(f): 12:42pm On May 28, 2007
Hating the yorubas is not going to do you any good. The yorubas are not your enemy.

In the history of Nigeria, no Nigerian leader has appointed this many igbos into top positions as Obasanjo, and all we get from a bigot like you, xtycod, is hatred toward yorubas.

You complain about being marginalized, Obasanjo puts your people into top positions and is this how you pay yorubas back ?

Xtycod, you and Docokwy are the biggest bigots and tribalists in the whole of Nairaland.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Texcee(f): 12:47pm On May 28, 2007
I don't know what your parents have planted into you, xtycod,  that has made you such a hateful person, but being hateful has dire consequences both physically and emotionally.

You should learn to give credit where credit is due. Give Obasanjo credit for appointing all your Igbo brothers and sisters into high positions and stop being a useless tribalist xtycod.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Texcee(f): 12:57pm On May 28, 2007
xtycod:

How will you rate the efforts of the ministers from Yoruba land.

Writings of a typical bigot, always looking at things from a tribalistic point of view. You are nothing but a filthy piece of shiiiit xtycod.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Mamajama(m): 1:05pm On May 28, 2007
xtycod stop this madness all the people you listed are they not qualified to hold the position that they hold? appointment should be made on merits and qualification, i can careless if you are IGBO or YORUBA or Hausa. its about getting the right candidate for the job. IIGBO people are business oriented and should focus on business and stop trying to stick their hand where they don't belong.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by champredd(m): 1:10pm On May 28, 2007
Tribalism, that is what the Oligarchs ruling our country since independence have been using to exploit their own people. While they continue instigating their kinsmen against fellow Nigerians, they are also busy stealing our resources.
So let us (the masses) not continue to allow ourselves to be used.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Tonim(f): 1:08am On May 29, 2007
I think this filthy slowpoke calling himself xtycod should either stop his tribalistic hatred toward yorubas or be banned from this forum.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by adconline(m): 2:33am On May 29, 2007
@ majamaja
xtycod stop this madness all the people you listed are they not qualified to hold the position that they hold? appointment should be made on merits and qualification, i can careless if you are IGBO or YORUBA or Hausa. its about getting the right candidate for the job. IIGBO people are business oriented and should focus on business and stop trying to stick their hand where they don't belong.

I hope that this post will elicit condemnation and attack from you guys the way you have bombarded xtycod and co
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Nobody: 2:46am On May 29, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

You heard that?. . .Igbo people do not belong in governance or leadership, they're only good as servants and subordinates, thus says MAMAJAMA.

Good to know lots of Nigerians hold the same view, One Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:49am On May 29, 2007
Thread was going well until Mamajama came and ruined everything.

Tonim, we can only pray for such an action.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by ghettochyk(f): 3:09am On May 29, 2007
YAWN @ THREAD

@MUMBOJUMBO, OR IS IT MAMAJAMBA
YOU SOUND LIKE A FUCKING DUNCE AND A SOCIAL REGET. CRAWL BACK INTO YOUR HOLE A TELL OSAMA OR IS IT SADAM TO SCOOT OVER OF UR BEHIND. tongue
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by adconline(m): 3:46am On May 29, 2007
This is like saying that Bush appointed blacks like Rice, Collin Powell into offices. therefore blacks have benefited immensely from their appointments. Igbos were appointed to serve Nigerians not Igbos. By the way a litre of Petrol at N75 is not only affecting Igbos. Some folks criticized OBJ because he had some economic policies that robbed Nigerians off their living. Economic policies that did not have human face.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by NINETOFIVE(m): 6:32am On May 29, 2007
adconline:

@ majamaja
xtycod stop this madness all the people you listed are they not qualified to hold the position that they hold? appointment should be made on merits and qualification, i can careless if you are IGBO or YORUBA or Hausa. its about getting the right candidate for the job. [size=60pt]IGBO people are business oriented and should focus on business and stop trying to stick their hand where they don't belong[/size].

The Igbo people have drank a lot of hatered from you Nigerians, since this is the view you guys hold about us, [haba we Igbos, ''geniuses''], you will se by the grace of God, this country will disintegrate in your life time, this is the last straw, oppression does not last for ever, remember that!.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Texcee(f): 8:23am On May 29, 2007
It is very unfortunate that mamajama would make a statement asking igbos to stick to business and not politics.  That is an opinion held by him, not the lot of us yorubas.

I created this thread to show that yorubas do not hate igbos and to prove this, I wrote some of the powerful positions in which Obasanjo has appointed igbos in his government. For the record, no other Nigerian leader has appointed so many igbos into powerful positions as Obasanjo has.  If yorubas hated igbos, a yoruba leader would not appoint as many of them into top positions in his government - like Central bank governor for instance.

@tonim

thank you oo. I'm happy I'm not the only one who sees the blatant hatred xtycod has for the yorubas. Your statement is well in order.

@ Ninetofive

The Igbo people have drank a lot of hatered from you Nigerians, since this is the view you guys hold about us

Dude, you need to calm down. The statement made by mamajama is not the view we hold about igbos. Your aggression and hope of Nigeria disintegrating is totally misplaced and uncalled for.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Mariory(m): 11:19am On May 29, 2007
NINETOFIVE:

The Igbo people have drank a lot of hatered from you Nigerians, since this is the view you guys hold about us, [haba we Igbos, ''geniuses''], you will se by the grace of God, this country will disintegrate in your life time, this is the last straw, oppression does not last for ever, remember that!.

"from you Nigerians" <--- grin

I hope you have not chewed up your own hand from all the "anger" you are supposedly feeling. That one person makes such a stupid remark does not make it the view of Nigerians mmmmkay. Have fun in the UK dreaming of Nigeria splitting up.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by chidichris(m): 11:55am On May 29, 2007
the author of this thread should have posted a different topic to address his anger rather this which is far from what he is pursueing.
the igbos are business minded people and should face business - good.
a list of igbo ministers have been posted here and prominent among them are the NAFDAC boss, CBN boss as well as could not last Okonjo Iweala.
if we are real people, we have to first of all ask, how have all these people fared so far?
what about the other tribes? which ministries are they controlling and how have they fared.
a typical example of a prominent minister from the yoruba tribe is Prof. Borrishade. if we must go by his record, one will be forced to ask- must this man be a minister.
a man who made a negative landmark in the education industry and was shifted to the aviation and he recorded the worst record of plane crashes and now if allowed, will ruine the information and culture and nigeria movie will become history.
if i may ask, why will okonjo iweala left and while borishade remains.
igbos like money too much yet the highest level of fruad and corruptions in aso rock and other high places are yorubas.
i am not after the tribes but let the winning team remains
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by NINETOFIVE(m): 8:07pm On May 29, 2007
Texcee:

from Majamaja,
[size=50pt]IGBO people are business oriented and should focus on business and stop trying to stick their hand where they don't belong.
[/size]
@ Ninetofive

Dude, you need to calm down. The statement made by mamajama is not the view we hold about igbos. Your aggression and hope of Nigeria disintegrating is totally misplaced and uncalled for.

You are not the one to tell of the mindset of the average Yoruba person towards the Igbos, lets keep political correctness apart, the only thing an average Yoruba person feels towards an Igbo person is hate, you must also agree that this forum which is a living prove of what am saying would go a long way to enlighten many Igbos who hasn't the opportunity to deal with the Yoruba's on day to day basis, unlike myself. If you would be hornest with yourself, you would have noticed that this kind of banality takes place on nairaland quotidianly, and is not a coincidence that the perpetrators are Yoruba's.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by NINETOFIVE(m): 8:14pm On May 29, 2007
Mariory:

"from you Nigerians" <--- grin

I hope you have not chewed up your own hand from all the "anger" you are supposedly feeling. That one person makes such a stupid remark does not make it the view of Nigerians mmmmkay. Have fun in the UK dreaming of Nigeria splitting up.

Is got a lot to do with IQ, an indolent person, as expected would not see the deeper meaning of what is happening.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:32pm On May 29, 2007
If you truly believe that about the people of NL 925, any reason why you continue to frequent the site?
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by NINETOFIVE(m): 8:36pm On May 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

If you truly believe that about the people of Nairaland 925, any reason why you continue to frequent the site?

to see you.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:54pm On May 29, 2007
Aww, but Im Yoruba.  tongue
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by Mamajama(m): 8:58pm On May 29, 2007
xtycod and all his concubines, stop hating on me bad mamajama, all i am trying to say is we have some credible igbo candidates but what has the IGBO man done to unite Nigeria since the beginning of time? beside the made in oweri, 419 and all the drug peddling era. IGBO can not survive with out Nigerians just like the Hausa man can not survive without a cattle. I stand for one nation and United we stand, the only reason Niger Delta is Even an issue is because OBJ was engaging in dialog, why didn't they try this mess under military regime? all we need to cool this fools off is some NON ENGLISH speaking mobile police man to go and flush all this criminals, i called them PIG criminals that will hide under camouflage to perpetrate their crimes.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by NINETOFIVE(m): 9:11pm On May 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Aww, but I'm Yoruba. tongue

by my experiences I operate on guilty until proven innocent, so do the mathematics.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:20pm On May 29, 2007
Mamajama, dude just shut it. You are truly destroying this thread with your garbage. It's cos of psychos like you that we have imbeciles like dcowyx running around.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by naijaway(m): 9:35pm On May 29, 2007
Men, some muthaf**kers in here is being too tribal. How can someone claim ObJ for themselves when OBJ is for everyone. @MAMAJAMA, how many yorubas have ruled naija since the beginning excerpt obj and for two months or so shonekan. Am not even going to argue with ur tribal attitude cuz u don't matter. No one is really checking for who is from where but definately the next presidency goes tooooooo an igbo whether you like it or not. Why do you think no one is arguing; he who laughs last laughs the best. U stagnant muthaf**ker.
Re: Obasanjo Appointed Igbos To Top Positions Than Any Other Administration. by laudate: 9:49pm On May 29, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

xtycod and all his concubines, stop hating on me bad mamajama, all i am trying to say is we have some credible igbo candidates but what has the IGBO man done to unite Nigeria since the beginning of time? beside the made in oweri, 419 and all the drug peddling era. IGBO can not survive with out Nigerians just like the Hausa man can not survive without a cattle. I stand for one nation and United we stand, the only reason Niger Delta is Even an issue is because OBJ was engaging in dialog, why didn't they try this mess under military regime? all we need to cool this fools off is some NON ENGLISH speaking mobile police man to go and flush all this criminals, i called them PIG criminals that will hide under camouflage to perpetrate their crimes.

MamaJama, your remarks are so puerile, shallow, ill-bred, uncouth, disgusting and yes, tribalistic, that I can't even believe that such stuff would come from a human being with a sane mind! Crime exists in all ethnic groups. Period!! Do a study on crime, criminals and their antecedents and you will find it cuts across all parts of Nigeria. Why single out the Igbo?? To achieve what??  angry

Secondly, which dialogue did OBJ engage in, with the militants? Even though I do not support the militants, there is no record of dialogue between OBJ & the militants. He has often met force with force.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Was Surprised To See "Buharification" In My New Oxford Dictionary Today(Photo) / Check Out This Beautiful Pictures Of Nigeria First Lady With Michelle Obama. / What Are The Benefits Of Being A Nigerian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.