Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku (429 Views)

Nigeria's Highest GDP Rate (4.21%) From 2015-2019 Was Our Lowest (1999-2015) / Your Policies Hurting Ordinary Nigerians, Atiku Tells CBN / Buhari Used Ministerial List To Distract Nigerians – Atiku’s Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by eric12345: 4:31am On Jan 01, 2020
2019 was not a successful year for Nigerians – Atiku

Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has described 2020 as symbolic in many ways, saying it’s time to work for a better future for Nigerians.

In his new year message, Atiku noted that the year heralds a brand new decade.

latest news

See the full statement below…

The coming of the New Year 2020 is symbolic in many ways. First, it heralds a brand new decade. Secondly, and probably more important, is that this New Year will require us all to stay together more than ever before to take on, head front, the common enemy of insecurity that challenge our everyday lives as Nigerians.

I do not share the sentiment when some people claim that the outgone 2019 was a successful year for Nigerians. Such sentiments is reductionist and does the harm of making us have a false sense of victory.

The bitter truth is that Nigeria is still in the throes of economic instability, with more people losing jobs and the attendant outcome of more children being out of school and more families having hard time in accessing basic needs of life.

In this New Year, however, I will rather ask that Nigerians stand together with renewed vigour and determination to battle the hydra-headed demon of insecurity that has plagued us in the past decade.

We must challenge the inadequacies that made us become the global headquarters of extreme poverty; much as we must work hard and fast enough to eliminate the scourge of out-of-school children in the country. These are the challenges that this new decade has thrown at us and we cannot afford to slumber and submit to defeat.

The problems of extreme poverty and scant investments in education play huge roles in fueling the problems of violent extremism that we spent the past decade contending with. We cannot win the fight against terrorism if we do nothing to reduce or eliminate poverty and illiteracy.

The reality of this new decade requires of us to recalibrate our approaches and to pursue some tough choices. If failure is not an option, then we must let go of our egos and conveniences. In this new decade, we must start to do things differently if we are honest about our desire for a better and prosperous future.

There must be a deliberate effort to improve the material wellbeing of the people, by lifting millions of Nigerians out of the extreme poverty belt at a start, and to prosperity. Government must rethink many of its policies that is sinking more people into the abyss of extreme poverty.

It is incumbent on government at all levels to pursue policies that will provide decent housing to the mass majority; put food on the table; provide healthcare and education. We cannot continue to do things the same way and expect a different outcome.

It is therefore high time we caused a rejig of economic policies that will promote an expansion of the economy and create jobs opportunities aplenty. At the individual level, this moment calls for more empathy and sacrifice. The New Year and a new decade come with the opportunity to make better impressions in our lives and in the lives of people around us.

I wish to restate that our collective call for rule of law and our history about the struggle for democratic rule did not envisage a situation where judicial pronouncements would be worth less than the paper upon which they are rendered. It is a bad advertisement for the country and its democracy if declarations made by the court are not respected without the executive arm of government agreeing to same.

Any democracy is not worth the appellation if the principle of separation of power is not ingrained in it. In the new year, government should not pretend to be democratic, but rather act according to the fundamentals of a democracy.

Above all, I expect that in the New Year there will be a better observance of rule of law and greater respect for citizens’ democratic rights. While we anticipate a change of attitude across board in the new year and new decade, I wish every Nigerian a happy and prosperous 2020. – AA.

>>>> https://www.naijanewsgist.com/news/2019-successful-year-nigerians-atiku/
Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by AMERICANBOY: 4:37am On Jan 01, 2020
Nice message Baba Atiku but easier said than done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by Nobody: 4:41am On Jan 01, 2020
We heard you Sir!

And it was a successful year for your unpaid workers.

Just say unsuccessful year for your ambition and demonic political party. #Simple

Next topic please!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by Aufbauh(m): 5:42am On Jan 01, 2020
Alhaji Atiku, the fact that you were not successful in 2019 apparently because of your electoral lose, does not mean that all Nigerians were not successful in that same year.

Personally, 2019 is one of my most successful year even though i believe that 2020 will tend to deliver more.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by Citytrend: 6:04am On Jan 01, 2020
For Nigeria, yes, but for me it wasn't a bad year at all.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by seunmsg(m): 6:27am On Jan 01, 2020
I’m a Nigerian and it was a very successful year for me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by noleflendum: 6:31am On Jan 01, 2020
Very successful year for me
But not successful for those 4 IPOB armed rubbers caught in Mpape

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by okaniudemba(m): 6:34am On Jan 01, 2020
Happy new year to all my friends here... Guys my Canadian polycrystalline solar panel just arrived after all the delays from the sea port and we are looking for serious buyers.. If you can bring in a buyer that can buy in large quantity, you will get your cut as an agent... It's 1600 panels in total... Very cheap... Inspection is allowed... Call 08039489441 for serious business

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by juvewalex(m): 6:35am On Jan 01, 2020
Because you lost election right ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by WonderManly(m): 6:52am On Jan 01, 2020
Yes. Very sensible that's exactly what happened! That 2019 was not a successful year for Nigerians at all!

1 Like

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by Randy100: 7:10am On Jan 01, 2020
English is very hard for some folks. He said 2019 is an unsuccessful year for the country Nigeria. There is no lie in that statement.
Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by Goldencheese(m): 7:15am On Jan 01, 2020
Randy100:
English is very hard for some folks. He said 2019 is an unsuccessful year for the country Nigeria. There is no lie in that statement.

No lie in that statement at all.
Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by amaechi1: 8:16am On Jan 01, 2020
For you becaus you lost an election and you want nigerians to share from your loss.

Abeg carry your cross.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by Stalwert: 8:25am On Jan 01, 2020
Atiku had a very bad year, everyone chop the maga even IT student from Kenya come chop am, wheelchair man chop am, SANs and Sanks chop am. grin grin grin mighty bad year for loser and shameless fraud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by Charmingrascal(m): 8:48am On Jan 01, 2020
It was an unsuccessful year for him not for me.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by Okoroawusa: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2020
Yes... very unsuccessful year for Atiku. Atiku may u never experience a disappointing year like 2019 in your life again
Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by lilprinze: 9:07am On Jan 01, 2020
This man should shut his dirty mouth.
The last time i checked he was vice president, for 8 f*cking years, he did nothing, but enriching himself and his family .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Was Not A Successful Year For Nigerians – Atiku by Mightyhaiz: 9:14am On Jan 01, 2020
Very true

(1) (Reply)

Our Man Of The Decade (2010 – 2019): Senator Bareehu Olugbenga Ashafa (boa) / Vision 20:2020 And Beyond – Let’s Give Buhari Chance To Perform!- Dr Olufon. / Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha, Declared Apc’s Uzodinma Winner In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.