Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

President Muhammadu Buhari Vows To Step Down In 2023 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Muhammadu Buhari Vows To Step Down In 2023 (348 Views)

I Am Still In The Race: Wase Visits Buhari, Vows Not To Step Down For Abbas / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows / 2019 Election: Buhari Vows Harsh Verdict For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Muhammadu Buhari Vows To Step Down In 2023 by spunky425(m): 8:07am On Jan 01, 2020

The nation’s leader, President Muhammadu Buhari has reassured Nigerians he’d be stepping down once his tenure ends in 2023.
The President made this known in his new year letter to nigerians titled “A Letter From the President At New Year“.

He wrote;

Elections are the cornerstone of our democracy. I salute the commitment of the millions who voted in peace last February and of those leaders who contested for office vigorously but fairly, submitting to the authority of the electorate, the Independent National Electoral Commission and judicial process. I understand very well the frustrations our system has in the past triggered. I will be standing down in 2023 and will not be available in any future elections. But I am determined to help strengthen the electoral process both in Nigeria and across the region, where several ECOWAS members go to the polls this year.

See full post;
https://www.delaniblog.com.ng/2020/01/president-muhammadu-buhari-vows-to-step-down-in-2023/
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Vows To Step Down In 2023 by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 01, 2020
That shows the democratic instinct in him.May God see him through
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Vows To Step Down In 2023 by saaron(m): 9:15am On Jan 01, 2020
Who gives a crap about what this tyrrant says? The real bone of contention is what this islamist regime have planned for in events leading to next general election.
A lot of people will be shocked at what will happen in 2023. Nigerians think Islamist fundamentalist terrorist like Buhari will hand over to a Southern Christian. I tell you with all certainty that will not be the case. Northern fundamentalist have NO PLAN of handing over power to the South.
If an islamist like buhari could get a Christian CJN removed and replaced with a Sharia CJN illegally so that an infidel will not swear him in to power for second term, what makes Nigerians think the terrorist will hand over the seat of power to a Christian infidel? Buhari will never hand over to a Christian let alone a Southern Nigerian.
Relax and see what will happen.

NOTE: Boko haram terrorist group that was born to wage jihad against christians will be used ones again to make northern extremist hold unto power pepetually beyond 2023 just like 2015.
Nigerians will soon learn the scam of One Nigeria the hard way!!!

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Vows To Step Down In 2023 by gloriaunobi(f): 10:57am On Jan 01, 2020
He actually vowed not to contest 2019 presidential election.

1 Like

Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Vows To Step Down In 2023 by 9jii(m): 11:06am On Jan 01, 2020
saaron:
Who gives a crap about what this tyrrant says? The real bone of contention is what this islamist regime have planned for in events leading to next general election.
A lot of people will be shocked at what will happen in 2023. Nigerians think Islamist fundamentalist terrorist like Buhari will hand over to a Southern Christian. I tell you with all certainty that will not be the case. Northern fundamentalist have NO PLAN of handing over power to the South.
If an islamist like buhari could get a Christian CJN removed and replaced with a Sharia CJN illegally so that an infidel will not swear him in to power for second term, what makes Nigerians think the terrorist will hand over the seat of power to a Christian infidel? Buhari will never hand over to a Christian let alone a Southern Nigerian.
Relax and see what will happen.

NOTE: Boko haram terrorist group that was born to wage jihad against christians will be used ones again to make northern extremist hold unto power pepetually beyond 2023 just like 2015.
Nigerians will soon learn the scam of One Nigeria the hard way!!!
You really do.
See all this nonsense you said here.
Re: President Muhammadu Buhari Vows To Step Down In 2023 by foolbuster: 11:34am On Jan 01, 2020
Rem22:
That shows the democratic instinct in him.May God see him through

Lolz. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

(1) (Reply)

Lessons Learnt From The 1967 Asaba Massacre / Ihedioha's Removal: See 10 Reasons Why Hope Uzodinma Sacked Rochas Okorocha's El / Boko Haram Kills 30 Will Buhari Cut Short His AU Meeting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.