Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Showdemcamp(sdc) Dropped A Classic This Day Last Year With Clonewars Vol Iv - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Showdemcamp(sdc) Dropped A Classic This Day Last Year With Clonewars Vol Iv (175 Views)

Download Album: Show Dem Camp – Clone Wars Vol. Iv Zip File / Mr P Of Psquare Just Dropped A Hit Track With Simi! Hot Hot Hot / [album] Show Dem Camp (SDC) - Palm Wine Music (vol. 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Showdemcamp(sdc) Dropped A Classic This Day Last Year With Clonewars Vol Iv by Chanbang10: 8:40am On Jan 01, 2020
What a way to begin the year of music in Nigeria last year. SDC dropped its highly anticipated mixtape after much teasing online.

For those who have been following them, it was the fourth installment of the series(Clone Wars) which they began in 2010.

One thing, you cannot deny about them is how they tell our realities as a people with humor blended with in-depth knowledge of the system.( The sub title of the project “THESE BUHARI TIMES” plus the mixtape’s cover captures the moment without trying too hard).

For this,they can be recognized as conscious rappers. However, SDC cannot be boxed.

They break all stereotypes to fit-in the description of conscious rappers.

They do all types of rap (personally, I believe they are the most diverse rappers in Africa). The way they mix different genres of music to create their music is always marveling. You don’t have to be a rap head to understand their style of rap.(SDC has a song for everyone ).

Another interesting thing they do is how they pick their features on each project. A blend of the relatively unknown to the most popular faces in the music scene.

On this project, SDC did not disappoint as always.

From the intro down to the outdo, SDC didn’t hold back.They told our story so effortlessly without even trying too hard ranging from our political scene, mental health, self development the list is endless.

The intriguing part is that the more you listen to the project, the more new punchlines(I call them motivation) you get.It ages so well with time.

The features,every one brought their A-game.

My only fear was that they don’t be Palmwine music series this year but they didn’t let this project stop its release as it came out in December.(SDC, thank you.)

Most times, I feel we don’t deserve them for the kind of music they do. They deserve a lot of accolades than they get .If there was a Rap Hall of Frame in Nigeria, their name would be there.

ShowdemCamp is a force to be reckon with anytime.

If you have listen or still listening to CloneWarsiv, feel free to share your experiences with it in the comment section.

If you have not, it is not late to do so. It is worth your time.

Happy new year everyone. This year is for us all.

Trust your vibe.(I just stated a line from one of my favorite songs from this project,can one ever get tried of it though?)

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year / Cobhams Asuquo Ft Simi – We Plenti / Akzeal – Koko (studio Session)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.