Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,140 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? (1091 Views)

Sanusi Lamido Is Nothing But A Bitter, Foolish Bigot / Sanusi Lamido Is A Liar. Lawmakers / Sule Lamido Is Performing Well {pics Incl} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by calid16: 10:32am On Dec 02, 2010
Just as i look Sunusi i realise why other tribe will only use mago mago like Jonathen to become leaders. He is ready to quit, will Soludo do that ? Will Aganga sef have do it if it was only him ?

Don't misunderstand o, i don't like Atiku or Ciroma or IBB but i think that real leader who can challenge can only come from north and middlebelt. The reason is becase they will not worship money and be behaving like Some other people to see be seeing wrong but continue to chop like our senators. This is the truth.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2010
Before Sanusi, the South has produced dozens of fearless men and women. Gani Fawehinmi. Okonjo Iweala. etc
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by edoyad(m): 11:27am On Dec 02, 2010
I came to attack, but since middle belt dey included. . . . . grin
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Kennyblues(m): 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2010
and what is the percentage of norther leaders to southern leaders
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2010
@Op

In a civilised country, Sanusi would ve been fired last week. There is not courageous abt what he's done. It is pure stupidity.
The statement he made was bogus and he is just painting the country in bad light.
Listening to Sanusi, one gets d impression, the guy is running a person crusade of calumny against d economy.
Saying publicly that your country spends 25% of its budget on. NA overhead is anoda way of saying, my country is fiscally inefficiently, investors pls beware. Some statements are meant for economic council meetings not vocation grounds.

By the way I would rather have the amount paid out to Legislators, than left in d hands of the executive. Legislators don't stack money in foreign accounts, they spend it here and add to the GDP.
This is not say the our system of governance is efficient or that the NA is not being over funded.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2010
Sanusi indeed has a habit of ignoring official channels of communication. I don't blame him because historically we can see that putting such criticism on paper and/or airing them at economic council meetings never changes anything in Nigeria.

We need more people like Sanusi Lamido Sanusi in positions of power in this country, I can't wait for this guy to leave the CBN and seek elective office. I hope to see this guy as President of Nigeria in the near future cool
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by wesley80(m): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2010
Xavier.:

@Op
In a civilised country, Sanusi would ve been fired last week. There is not courageous abt what he's done. It is pure stupidity.
In which "Civilised" country do people get fired for drawing attention to a nagging problem?

Jarus:

Before Sanusi, the South has produced dozens of fearless men and women. Gani Fawehinmi. Okonjo Iweala. etc

Gani - Perharps, but considering the fact that he never held public office throughout his eventful life, then we really cant tell.  Okonjo Iweala - of course she stands Head and shoulder above her peers but whether she qualifies to be called Fearless and a "Best leader"? I definitely dont think so. And I'm sure if u continue listing there will be huge commas on any one you mention.

@Topic, I cant really put my finger on it, but I definitely think there's something about the North that has seen them produce the likes of Ribadu and Sanusi. There's some sort of 'Positive Arrogance' that is lacking in their Southern peers.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 02, 2010
Ziddy
SLS is only dancing to d gallery. He's made no real attempt @ solving d numerous economic issues facing the country. He is more of a politician than a technocrat. The last 2 administrations (Yardua and GEJ's) seem inclined towards monetary regulation of the economy as against fiscal regulations. One would ve expected d CBN to ve keyed in on this and to brought up brilliant policies that would ve helped shape the economy for the better. But we see are circus performances. Or can u tell me any improvement u ve noticed in the economy? Unemployment is @ an all time high. Industries are closing up daily, the financial market is barely alive and everyone is out hailing the chief circus man.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Abagworo(m): 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2010
Fulani people generally stand for what they believe in and that is why they seem to have produced some of the strictest public officers like Buhari,El-Rufai,Sanusi and Ribadu.Their major negative character is rigidity.The word flexibility lacks in their dictionary.They are heady and tend to pay little attention to other people's perception of issues.

Many past leaders are scared of Buhari's emergence because he might actually fight corruption in a rigid way.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by wesley80(m): 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2010
Xavier.:

Ziddy
SLS is only dancing to d gallery. He's made no real attempt @ solving d numerous economic issues facing the country. He is more of a politician than a technocrat. The last 2 administrations (Yardua and GEJ's) seem inclined towards monetary regulation of the economy as against fiscal regulations. One would ve expected d CBN to ve keyed in on this and to brought up brilliant policies that would ve helped shape the economy for the better. But we see are circus performances. Or can u tell me any improvement u ve noticed in the economy? Unemployment is @ an all time high. Industries are closing up daily, the financial market is barely alive and everyone is out hailing the chief circus man.

I agree with u in that d economic issues facing the country have not been solved, but if u objectively examine how  relatively well the economy has done with majority of its banks on their knees, a faltering global economy and a terribly distracted central government, u'lld have to have personal issues not to give them some credit. At any other time with a fledgling world economy, Stable polity, high oil prices, perceived strong banks, the economy would have been on some sort of auto-pilot and we'lld all be hailing Sanusi as some genius like we all hailed Soludo. Put your blame in context.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by shevchenko(m): 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2010
What has sanusi done that an ordinary person can't do?speak bad about legislators,sack MD's ,celebrate over cecilia's furore,saying all sort of crasy thing in the media.What we need in this country is ordinary people doing extra ordinary things.Nigeria will continue to be a failed state until a leader that has vision and can see far is put in position of power.okonji is much valued in the world bank,because they have seen someting we can't still see in that woman,all we are doing is celebrating over a mallam that schooled in bayero and used 80 mark jamb score to enter into the uni
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by ShangoThor(m): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2010
Sanusi is an exceptional man, but a voice in the wilderness (amongst Northerners). I do not agree with the title of your thread,  you need to acknowledge that the country has been ruled mainly by Northern Leaders that have simply lacked imagination or have been unable to diversify the economy.

Prior to the implementation of SAP, Nigeria was never referred to as a ‘Third World’ country. As I keep on saying, any monkey can spend money, but it takes individuals with exceptional financial intelligence to make money or add value.

Nevertheless, I think that a Fahola/Sanusi team could reverse the fortune of the country within a couple of years because they’ve got the balls to carry out the necessary reforms in the State and Econony.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Muza(m): 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2010
shevchenko:

What has sanusi done that an ordinary person can't do?speak bad about legislators,sack MD's ,celebrate over cecilia's furore,saying all sort of crasy thing in the media.What we need in this country is ordinary people doing extra ordinary things.Nigeria will continue to be a failed state until a leader that has vision and can see far is put in position of power.okonji is much valued in the world bank,because they have seen someting we can't still see in that woman,all we are doing is celebrating over a mallam that schooled in bayero and used 80 mark jamb score to enter into the uni
slowpoke,u must a big fool for u dat went to Oxford to allow sm1 from bayero become ur cbn gov.
Apart from SLS and elrufai nd mayb a few others,tell me Hw many ppl hav gone b4 d senators before and held their ground,what are u sayin dat the common man can do it,it the common man can do it will hav countless protest,but unfortunately nobody is protesting.
If u dnt hav anythn to say dnt run ur mouth like a fool,just keep quiet.
Thank you.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by shevchenko(m): 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2010
@Muza
Go to school and stop disgracing Nigerians
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Muza(m): 8:16pm On Dec 02, 2010
^^^
Prince SLS has achieved wat nobody in ur village will never achieve in 10 lifetimes,yes he went to bayero,and he was the first MD of firstbank from the north and now CBN gov,
Go hug transformer!

If u can remember another thing he said dat day is that Nigerians should standup to them, But ur ignorant and hypocritic ass will never do that rather u'll just stay behind ur computer or phone and rant rubbish like d ignorant soul dat u ar,

Prince SLS,I doff my hat,
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by wesley80(m): 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2010
^^^ Take am easy na.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by SapeleGuy: 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2010
Abagworo:

Fulani people generally stand for what they believe in and that is why they seem to have produced some of the strictest public officers like [b]Buhari,El-Rufai,Sanusi and Ribadu.[/b]Their major negative character is rigidity.The word flexibility lacks in their dictionary.They are heady and tend to pay little attention to other people's perception of issues.

Many past leaders are scared of Buhari's emergence because he might actually fight corruption in a rigid way.

Abagworo, no take laugh kill us. Slow down with this hero worshipping. The names you have listed there would not know the meaning of the words transparency and impartiality if it slapped them in the face.

This Buhari that you are lionising, was $2.8 billion oil money not traced to his Midland bank account? Buhari was chairman of PTF under Abacha did N2.5 billion not go missing from the fund?

Was this not the same person who sentenced Fela to 10 years imprisonment on trumped up charges?

Is this really your hero? Is this the best Nigeria has to offer?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Muza(m): 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2010
Did i also mention dat he is the heir apparent to the Kano throne,
Shevchenco,hate all u want,drink rat poison and jump into the lagoon.

Prince SLS,I remain loyal,
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by gaiusjuli: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2010
Lmao
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Muza(m): 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2010
wesley80:

^^^ Take am easy na.
Sorry sir,that boi just needed to be schooled
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Eziachi: 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2010
Xavier.:

@Op

The statement he made was bogus and he is just painting the country in bad light.
Listening to Sanusi, one gets d impression, the guy is running a person crusade of calumny against d economy.
Saying publicly that your country spends 25% of its budget on. NA overhead is anoda way of saying, my country is fiscally inefficiently, investors pls beware. Some statements are meant for economic council meetings not vocation grounds.

By the way I would rather have the amount paid out to Legislators, than left in d hands of the executive. Legislators don't stack money in foreign accounts, they spend it here and add to the GDP.
This is not say the our system of governance is efficient or that the NA is not being over funded.

What civilized world are you reffering to exactly?
How was his statement bogus when he mentioned where he got his figures and those that invited him never dispute his source either?
How can a public servant telling you and I about a figure concerning their money mean a campaign of clumsy to you? So why are talking about it now?
Do you think, even if the figure is 0.0001% that its fiscal inefficiency to tell the public about it?
What is your understanding of fiscal responsibility?
You rather have the your money misused by thief A (NASS) instaed of Thief B (EXECUTIVES) because of where they spend it. Can you explain this your theory?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Eziachi: 10:05pm On Dec 02, 2010
Xavier.:

Ziddy

How you wish everyone else is dancing to your percieved gallery and speak out, instead of the usual boys or brotherhood club called public office in Nigeria.
CBN governor is not a minister of finance or leader of the land that formulate or revives the economy, that is not his job.
CBN is not a political party with economic policies.
Improvement in economy is for the politicians to make, that is their job, CBN is just a bank for the government and banks.
Unemployment is not the making of CBN neither is it their job to solve it.
First of all, find what the job os CBN governor is before you jump in with you verbal attack. The same mistake people were making when Soludo was there.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Eziachi: 10:15pm On Dec 02, 2010
Abagworo:

Fulani people generally stand for what they believe in and that is why they seem to have produced some of the strictest public officers like Buhari,El-Rufai,Sanusi and Ribadu.Their major negative character is rigidity.The word flexibility lacks in their dictionary.They are heady and tend to pay little attention to other people's perception of issues.

Good point you made, its a shame we always lump them together in the name of the north. One statement the guy made that interest me was him saying that he wasn't born into his job and if they want him to resign, that he will.
Right there in their faces.
How many Nigerians can put their job on the line for any reason or thinks that there is a life outside an appointed or selected position? As that they will do anything to remain in a position, even if it involved spitting at their mother.
Compare Sanusi to the idiot that called himself a minister. He went there as a typical Nigerian and developed a jelly feet.
A typical coward!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by SapeleGuy: 11:02pm On Dec 02, 2010
Anybody that throws some rocks at the 'legisthieves' is to be commended because they are rogues but Sanusi in his typical rashness is shooting first without all the facts.

Sanusi said
"If we include the service-wide votes, then the denomination would of course be different but really, I have said everything I am supposed to say on the matter.”

He did not deny that his figures were incomplete, it is not enough to say that he merely quoted figures from somebody else (passing the buck) as CBN governor the figures he quotes should be impeccable - they were not.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 03, 2010
Eziachi

Are 2 ways to regulate an economy. U could do so using fiscal policies or monetary policies. When a govt decides to go by latter, then the Central Bank plays a very important role (infact in my opinion, its role becomes more impt than that of the fin minister).
I would like to state it, unequivocally, that it's better to pay d Legislators huge amounts of money, than leave it in d hands of the Executive. The Legislators spend their loot in Nigeria, they build houses, invest in d financial market and improve the GDP ultimate. The Executives on the other hand, take their loots outside the shores of Nigeria, helping to building other nations. I wish you guys could see d big picture here.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 03, 2010
Don't get it twisted. Legislators also buy houses abroad & keep foreign accounts. Even Legislators at state level. Don't get it twisted!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by adconline(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2010
A CBN governor who is arithmetically challenged, Celebrating mediocrity. NASS member are thieves in my book, but that does mean that SLS should not cross his facts before making that speech. As a CBN governor, he showed no leadership, but kept blaming someone for his miscalculation. What's so hard in working out the percentage of NASS bugdet out of Naija's budget? Did his outsource that job to his PA? He acted to be on higher road, even when he got his figures wrong, Two wrongs cannot make a right.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by hercules07: 11:37am On Dec 03, 2010
We really need to save Nigerians from themselves before we can save them from our leaders, Sanusi was asked to deliver a lecture on Inflation at the convocation ceremony of the Igbinedion University, the guy made a mention of the jumbo pay being received by our leaders and everybody wants to crucify him, how I wished he had allowed the banks to fail. He is the only civil servant I have seen that is ready to speak his mind, I will rather be told what the true state of the economy so as to know what to do to improve the conditions than be told lies by my government, the guy oozes integrity and if we had more people like him in public offices the nation will be better for it. The 25 percent thing is correct because the minister even confirmed it, how can 500 people spend over 154 billion naira in emoluments in a year for God sake, Obama earns a quarter of what the Senate president earns while Nigeria's economy is not up to 10 percent of the US, e ma gba wa lowo awon ako ti ile ta won yi o.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by vedaxcool(m): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
adconline:

A CBN governor who is arithmetically challenged, Celebrating mediocrity. NASS member are thieves in my book, but that does mean that SLS should not cross his facts before making that speech. As a CBN governor, he showed no leadership, but kept blaming someone for his miscalculation. What's so hard in working out the percentage of NASS bugdet out of Naija's budget? Did his outsource that job to his PA? He acted to be on higher road, even when he got his figures wrong, Two wrongs cannot make a right.

You seem more verbally challenged than arithmetic, as SLS was reffering to overhead cost in particular not the entire budget of the NA.

hercules07:

We really need to save Nigerians from themselves before we can save them from our leaders, Sanusi was asked to deliver a lecture on Inflation at the convocation ceremony of the Igbinedion University, the guy made a mention of the jumbo pay being received by our leaders and everybody wants to crucify him, how I wished he had allowed the banks to fail. He is the only civil servant I have seen that is ready to speak his mind, I will rather be told what the true state of the economy so as to know what to do to improve the conditions than be told lies by my government, the guy oozes integrity and if we had more people like him in public offices the nation will be better for it. The 25 percent thing is correct because the minister even confirmed it, how can 500 people spend over 154 billion naira in emoluments in a year for God sake, Obama earns a quarter of what the Senate president earns while Nigeria's economy is not up to 10 percent of the US, e ma gba wa lowo awon ako ti ile ta won yi o.

^^

Oga tell them oh!, during the Financial crisis I came to understand the level of Ethnic Bigotry in the hearts of a lot of Nigeria, as rather than comend SLS for an intervention well calculated they simply supported business assual approach, saying he should have called them behind closed doors and encourage them to clean up their acts, yet the same wiesels will find lambasting IBB and people like him publicly for entrenching corruption, talk about hypocrits! their names always makes the list.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by jaymdee(m): 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2010
Xavier.:

@Op

How long should a country stick with unproductive formalities? We are tired of covering political fraud, all in the name of due process. Sanusi is the man of the moment. The foreign investors already know the koko in Nigerian economic situation. They don't even need their full sight to see that the politicians are reaping Nigerians off. The difference which I am so happy ti identify with is the openness of Sanusi. #SANUSI ROCKS MEHHNNNNNN!!!!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by auwal87(m): 12:07am On Dec 04, 2010
Xavier.:

@Op

foreign investors are afraid of nigerians like you, that is why they are not coming. do you want him to deceive them?
typical nigerian mugu!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Is An Example Of Why The North Produces The Best Leaders, Disagree ? by adconline(m): 7:47am On Dec 04, 2010
You seem more verbally challenged than arithmetic, as SLS was reffering to overhead cost in particular not the entire budget of the NA. How did the overhead cost represent 25% of Naija budget?

(1) (Reply)

Uduaghan Wins Jona Forget The Presidency We Will Vote For Any Mallam. / Becomrihn, Why Did You Lie On Wikipedia? / Bon Presidential Debate 2: How Goodluck Jonathan Fared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.