Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares (1829 Views)

Dawda Jawara Is Dead! The Gambia's Founding President Dies Aged 95 / Gambia Sells Yahya Jammeh's Cars, Planes To Pay Off Debt / Gambia Will Collapse Without Nigerian Professionals – Gambia Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by Medi17: 5:56pm On Jan 01, 2020
President Adama Barrow has cleared doubts over his future as President of the Gambia beyond January 19, 2020, in his end of year message to the country last night.

Barrow came to power in January 2017, promising to step down after three years under an arrangement of a coalition that supported his candidacy.

The Gambian constitution mandates five years for a president while the coalition agreed that Barrow would step down after three years and allow the coalition members to select another member to complete the remaining two years.

But in his message last night, the Gambian President said that he would not abrogate the constitution and would remain in office until the end of his mandate.

Protest took place in the country in December to demand his resignation in compliance with the coalitions agreement.

Click The Link Below For More:

https://wadr.org/home/index.php?p=highlight&lang=en&auth_=1295

Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by donbachi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 01, 2020
African rulers and stay put in office.....be like bobrisky and his everlasting wish to have a pvssy.

5 Likes

Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by socialmediaman: 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
Remind me again Buhari’s numerous promises to Nigerians since he started running for president in 2003

5 Likes

Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by Okoroawusa: 6:07pm On Jan 01, 2020
socialmediaman:
Remind me again Buhari’s numerous promises to Nigerians since he started running for president since 2003
Get a life

1 Like

Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by GamalNasser: 6:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
The black man knows nothing about honor , he is a dark being governed by only selfishness and greed hence the state of immediate rot that occurs when ever over 50 of them gather anywhere

4 Likes

Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by Abfinest007(m): 6:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
if u remember how this guy came into power he should respect himself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by chozzy: 6:16pm On Jan 01, 2020

Sounds like another Buhari springing up in the Gambia.

Africa is full of fake lying leaders

Shameless liars

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 01, 2020
The Constitution definitely override any arrangements. Which yeye coalition, except Nigeria doesn't want him there, he stay put and complete his five years. After all we sent the War Ship and routed Aircraft to chase the former dictator away.

2 Likes

Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:11pm On Jan 01, 2020
that's the typical African leader......too selfish and clueless!
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by itsme01: 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2020
Useless PDP piglets are saying that is typicall african leader... duh?! he won a 5 years tenure and you want him to step down for opposition after 3... even trump their messiah aint stepping down
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by Sirjamo: 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2020
This one is Dr Goodluck Jonathan junior brother, promised to do only one term, thrash the promise and went for second!!!
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2020
Although African leaders have the ability to stay put in power,Barrow will win any coalition in court should in case they challenge the matter in court.Constitution supercede any paper agreement
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by MycroftHolmes: 8:05pm On Jan 01, 2020
I have the least opinion of people who can't keep their promises, stand by their words or honor the terms of an agreement.

Let's hope dictatorship doesn't step in.
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by princemillla(m): 8:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
We no even know which one our own presido will do 2023
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by BuhariAdvocate: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
Well i hope that wouldn't cause disorderliness in the country.
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by deboysben(m): 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Get a life
attack the message not the messenger

All this Buharist and their way of reasoning shaa
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by AJOBI77(m): 8:18pm On Jan 01, 2020
Africans!!!! You have forgotten so soon right? Go and ask Laurret Gbagbo and your predecessor yaya jameh. If you are not careful, your embarrassment will triple theirs. Integrity is zero
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by Lamasta(m): 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2020
The one that left before Him was chased out so no need telling Him, He just needs to be reminded of his predecessor
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by wirinet(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2020
uruba23:
The Constitution definitely override any arrangements. Which yeye coalition, except Nigeria doesn't want him there, he stay put and complete his five years. After all we sent the War Ship and routed Aircraft to chase the former dictator away.
Gbam. Nothing more to add.

1 Like

Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by ValCon888: 9:10pm On Jan 01, 2020
This was the President that was elected in exile because his predecessor refused to step down. It took peace keeping forcess to oust Yahya Jammeh before he could form a government.

He has now become the monster he replaced.
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by emkz: 9:18pm On Jan 01, 2020
Not so different from Yahya Jammeh afterall, yet they never learn. Power is sweet Adama Barrow. I will only advise you never to forget how Gbagbo and Jammeh were forced out. You can serve and be remembered like Mandela or end your tenure and be forgotten quickly.
Re: Forget My Promise, I Am Not Stepping Down! Gambia's President, Barrow Declares by leofab(f): 11:29pm On Jan 01, 2020
Let the law take its course

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Urges End To Queen's English! - Naija, It's Time To Adopt Pidgin!!! / Bank Stocks Rise On Wells Fargo Profit News / Nigeria Should Stop Playing "big Brother" To Other African Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.