Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] (11620 Views)

My Wife Is Not Interested In Relocating Abroad! / How The World Programs You For Failure. / If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by iknowexperts: 10:49pm On Jan 15, 2020
eyefordetails:
Thanks for sharing this info.

You're welcome @eyefordetails
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by iknowexperts: 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
tooslar:
@Iknowexpert,

I'm a bit confused about which of my credentials will require ECA. is it my highest qualification or all the qualifications.

Good evening @tooslar.

I understand. You're not alone actually. lots of people also face this same dilemma.

But here is the thing...

You can submit only your highest qualification and it will be successfully evaluated. Also you can submit all your credentials.

However, here is why I'll advise you to submit all your credentials:

1. It is still the same amount you will pay for the ECA. Whether you submit only the highest, or all your credentials.

The only extra charges you might incur are third party charges, like maybe your school asking for a fee to forward your documents to WES or any other evaluation agency you are using

If there are such extra charges, fine. To me it is worth it because...

2. There is a possibility that your highest degree will be rejected. The possibility is slim. But it is still a possibility.

When such happens, the ECA continues the evaluation with the remaining credentials.

So, that's my advise. Submit all your credentials for ECA

Cheers!
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by iknowexperts: 10:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
Nkemella:
pls op how much will it cost me to do the exam? Can u just explain more about the cost of each of the exams. Can I also use neco cert. Thanks alot.

Good evening Nkemella.

Yes. You can use NECO.

However, I will say again that for the Homecare Support program, the requirement as regards education is a minimum of one year post secondary school experience. In our case in Nigeria, that will be OND

To determine if you have met the requirement of one year post secondary school experience, you have to do what is called an Education Credential Assessment (ECA).

The ECA is not an exam. It is just an evaluation of your educational credentials.

It cost 220 Canadian dollars which is about 61,000 Naira

As regards the IELTS fee, the British council charges 75,000 Naira for the test.
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by ojoduoludare(m): 10:47am On Jan 16, 2020
Op.. please can one who is currently working in the account department ( account assistant ) with OND accounting apply for the Home care givers program or we still need another course related to qualify?
thanks
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by 1cent: 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2020
iknowexperts:
I felt compelled to say this here because of recent happenings in the country, and a discussion I had with a colleague.

If you are looking towards relocation abroad through Canada immigration and you have not started the process yet for one reason or the other...

Here are some requirements you should start getting. Even if you do not have all the resources to relocate now:

1. Nigerian International passport. Validity period is 10 years for the new one. And 5 years for the old one

2. ECA. Educational Credential Assessment. If you do not have a Canadian education credential, you need this assessment for certain immigration programs to show that your degree or diploma is equivalent to those of Canada. Validity is 5 years. This means you can use the assessment 5 years after you first got it

3. IELTS. This is an exam to test your English language proficiency. Different Canada immigration programs have different required scores. Some programs require high scores. A few require low scores.

Validity period of the IELTS test is 2 years.

As a side note, if your inability to score a high IELTS score is serving as a stumbling block to your relocation dream, you could try other immigration programs that require low IELTS score.

One of such is the Canada Home care program discussed here. It is a new program with less competition and relatively easier requirements. IELTS requirement is CLB of 5.0. Requires no proof of funds. It is a fast program to relocate with (6 months if your papers are set) etc

You can learn more about it in the link I will share at the end of this post.

On to the next item...

4. Prepare your documents. Choose a likely immigration program you will want to relocate with. Start gathering documents according to that program.

And above all, get the right information. It can save you hundreds of thousands. And even millions in Naira.

Why am I saying these things?

You dont have to wait till you have all the money before you start rushing, and taking action towards relocation.

You can start now to plan your self. And give yourself a timeline to get each item listed above.

For example, if you dont have an international passport yet, you could get it first. Since it has the longest validity period.

You can also use the opportunity to visit one or two foreign countries if you can. Even if it is neighbouring West African countries. You're doing this to have travel history

Travel history is not really compulsory. However it boosts your chances during immigration.

Next, you can do your ECA for your educational credentials.

And so on

You get the gist right?

No need to wait till you have all the resources before you start rushing (big mistake) to travel to Canada, or wherever you wish.

You can start now to plan yourself.

Cheers to dream come true.

Here is the link to the Homecare support program I earlier told you about.

Here ==> https://www.iknowexperts.com.ng/relocate-to-canada-low-ielts-no-proof-of-funds-video

It is a video. It gives more information about what the program entails, and how to follow this route

Cheers!
Iknowexpert. I have some questions I would love Daniel ola to answer for me but it seems he is too busy to answer after sending message severally. Pls help out.
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by iknowexperts: 9:23pm On Jan 16, 2020
1cent:

Iknowexpert. I have some questions I would love Daniel ola to answer for me but it seems he is too busy to answer after sending message severally. Pls help out.

Hello 1cent. Sorry to hear that. You can contact me with this email address info@iknowexperts.com.ng
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by iknowexperts: 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2020
ojoduoludare:
Op.. please can one who is currently working in the account department ( account assistant ) with OND accounting apply for the Home care givers program or we still need another course related to qualify?
thanks

Good evening ojoduoludare.

The answer to your question is yes.

The Homecare program is open to people of all professions

What is most important as regards educational requirement for this program is that, you should have at least one year post secondary school certificate.in Nigeria, that will translate to OND.

Cheers!
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by ojoduoludare(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
thanks sir ... please i need a guide on how to go about it , basically how to get employer to send invitation

Good evening ojoduoludare.

The answer to your question is yes.

The Homecare program is open to people of all professions

What is most important as regards educational requirement for this program is that, you should have at least one year post secondary school certificate.in Nigeria, that will translate to OND.

Cheers![/quote]
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by iknowexperts: 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
ojoduoludare:
thanks sir ... please i need a guide on how to go about it , basically how to get employer to send invitation

You're welcome ojoduoludare.

About how to find and apply for jobs in Canada...

I shared a video about the Canada Homecare immigration program in my blog. It's from someone who has already relocated to Canada, and has also helped others do same.

One of the things he explains is how to use LinkedIn to find employers and apply for Homecare jobs in Canada.

Watch the video here ==> [url]iknowexperts.com.ng/relocate-to-canada-low-ielts-no-proof-of-funds-video[/url]

My regards
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by 1cent: 11:24am On Jan 18, 2020
iknowexperts:

Hello 1cent. Sorry to hear that. You can contact me with this email address info@iknowexperts.com.ng

Ok! Thanks.
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by umimer: 11:33pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hello .thanks Op for the information
I have a Bsc and worked 2 years in a bank .
I want to know how possible and my chances of relocating (via home care )
I also want to know weda I would need transcripts from my school .
I’m taking IELTS this year . And I want it to be a smooth one .im 25 years old . Please your reply will be appreciated .if possible I would like to have your WhatsApp number . If u can assist me personally .thanks a million
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by iknowexperts: 11:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
umimer:
Hello .thanks Op for the information
I have a Bsc and worked 2 years in a bank .
I want to know how possible and my chances of relocating (via home care )
I also want to know weda I would need transcripts from my school .
I’m taking IELTS this year . And I want it to be a smooth one .im 25 years old . Please your reply will be appreciated .if possible I would like to have your WhatsApp number . If u can assist me personally .thanks a million

Hello Umimer,

Based on your educational level, you are qualified for the Canada homecare support program. The bench mark educational requirement is 1 year post secondary school education ( in our own case, OND). And you have a B.Sc

As per your chances, the Canadian embassy is in the best position to answer that.

However, if you meet these requirements:

1. Minimum OND
2. IELTS test score of 5.0 or higher in each of the language test
3. You are admissible (basically this has to do with criminal record and sound health)
4. You have a valid and genuine job offer in the Canadian homecare industry
5. Show you can do the job you're offered

...I'd say you stand an excellent chance

3rdly, as regards your transcripts, you need it for your Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA).

Your school can either send it to the institution carrying out the ECA (preferable option) or you send it yourself in a sealed, signed and stamped envelope. Theres a process to it.

Other documents you need are school certificates, birth certificate, legal document showing change of name (if applicable) etc, etc

You can shoot me a mail info@iknowexperts.com.ng

Regards
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by umimer: 10:24am On Jan 25, 2020
iknowexperts:

Hello Umimer,

Based on your educational level, you are qualified for the Canada homecare support program. The bench mark educational requirement is 1 year post secondary school education ( in our own case, OND). And you have a B.Sc

As per your chances, the Canadian embassy is in the best position to answer that.

1. Minimum OND
3. You are admissible (basically this has to do with criminal record and sound health)
4. You have a valid and genuine job offer in the Canadian homecare industry[b][/b]

3rdly, as regards your transcripts, you need it for your Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA).

Your school can either send it to the institution carrying out the ECA (preferable option) or you send it yourself in a sealed, signed and stamped envelope. Theres a process to it.

Other documents you need are school certificates, birth certificate, legal document showing change of name (if applicable) etc, etc

Regards
Please I don’t understand ur point number 4,
I would need to have a job offer first ?
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by eyinola: 12:16pm On Jan 26, 2020
Following
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by kalosbobo: 10:58am On Feb 05, 2020
Please i had issues with my Uni in my final year, so i didnt graduate. As it is i only have WAEC.

As i didnt graduate/have a certificate from my University, How do i go about the Minimum educational requirement?

Kindy respond.

iknowexperts:

Hello Umimer,

1. Minimum OND
4. You have a valid and genuine job offer in the Canadian homecare industry

Regards
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by Abayabeauty(f): 1:22am On Feb 12, 2020
Kudos to op, this thread us very detail.... pls stay here with us to further assist sir, your joy will be seeing many of getting to Canada through this thread...... thanks
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by Xzevian(m): 1:32pm On Feb 12, 2020
Bro, please move this thread to travel section or better create another thread on travel section, a lotof Bleep are lookibg for this..... no thread for CANADA'S HOME CARE SUPPORT IMMIGRATION PROGRAM on travel section bro. This will assit alot. Thanks
iknowexperts:
Immigration Program no 2...

CANADA'S HOME CARE SUPPORT IMMIGRATION PROGRAM

This is one of the newest, easiest, fastest and cheapest means to relocate Canada till date

Due to the hign demand for workers in the Home Care industry, the Canadian government in 18th June, 2019 launched the Home Care Support Program to make it easier for people living in other countries to come into Canada and work in this industry.

All you need is to have a job offer in the Home Care industry, and the Canadian government will give you a Visa to come live and work in Canada, together with your family.

While both genders can apply for the Home Care program, the Principal or Main Applicant will be restricted to work in the Home Care Industry for 2 years.

The other partner will be given a Work Permit Visa which enables him/her to do business or work in almost any field with his/her credentials. It could be Engineering, Oil and Gas, Teaching, Telecoms etc. And the children will be issued Study Visas

After 2 years, workers in the Home Care industry are free to change career paths, or take higher roles in the Health and Medical industry.

Also, you are qualified to apply and get a Permanent Residency for you and your family.

The requirements for this Visa are not steep compared to other Canada programs.

The most important requirement is to get a job offer in the Home Care industry.

Other requirements are:

- WASSCE plus one year post Secondary school experience or OND

- Even the IELTS requirement is low. You need a CLB score of 5.0 which means scoring 5.0 in each of the Language tests except Reading which has a requirement of 4.0

- There is no need for proof of funds since there is a job waiting for you when you land in Canada. However, it is advisable to have funds to cover expenses for the first month while awaiting the first salary

There is a high demand for Home Care workers, and there are employers willing to sponsor your trip to Canada. The salary range for jobs in this industry is $2,500 - $3,500.

The various jobs in the Home Care industry are:

- Home Support Worker
- Nursing Assistant
- Community Support Worker
- Public Health Worker
Etc

You can easily apply for jobs in the Home Care industry in Canada by using LinkedIn.

Definitely, there is also a lot to learn if you want to explore this route. You can visit
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/caregivers/child-care-home-support-worker/no-experience-about.html

And check out this video from someone who has already relocated to Canada

==> https://www.iknowexperts.com.ng/relocate-to-canada-low-ielts-no-proof-of-funds-video

If you have your papers set, in 6 months you could be on your way to  the UK or Canada with your family using either of these options.
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by dollarsignbloga(f): 8:47pm On Feb 12, 2020
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by Nnetriplet: 5:19am On Feb 13, 2020
@iknowexperts...do you know of a faster process by which I can get a caregiver job in Canada
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by Alooone: 11:23am On Feb 13, 2020
Please what are the visa requirements for the home care support programme and what type of passport do I apply for...the 5year own or the 10year own
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by iknowexperts: 5:49am On Feb 17, 2020
Xzevian:
Bro, please move this thread to travel section or better create another thread on travel section, a lot of folks are looking for this..... no thread for CANADA'S HOME CARE SUPPORT IMMIGRATION PROGRAM on travel section bro. This will assit alot. Thanks

I'll do such a thread. Make it as detailed as possible. Hopefully by next Sunday. Thanks
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by iknowexperts: 5:55am On Feb 17, 2020
Alooone:
Please what are the visa requirements for the home care support programme and what type of passport do I apply for...the 5year own or the 10year own

Hello @Aloone.

Please go through this thread. The visa requirements are listed.

Here's a rundown:

- IELTS score of at least 5.0

- Admissiblity

- OND minimum (to be more specific, equivalent of 1 year Canada post secondary education cert - an ECA is required to determine this)

- Job offer

- Etc

Like I said, you will find more clearer details in the thread
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by Xzevian(m): 8:42am On Feb 17, 2020
We will all be happy for that boss
iknowexperts:

I'll do such a thread. Make it as detailed as possible. Hopefully by next Sunday. Thanks
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by 1cent: 4:38pm On Mar 03, 2020
Hello!

This thread is almost deserted.
Has anyone made any headway with this caregiver pilot program. Please do come and share to encourage those of us who want to use this medium to leave this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by Glass123: 1:20pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hello house , good afternoon
Please can any one share with me here the best City to move to from Nigeria to the UK like City with more job opportunities and affordable lifestyle in the uk .
And also a good school to go to for masters . I have a BSc in accounting. Thanks in advance for your replies.
Re: 2 Immigration Programs You Can Get A Job Before Relocating Abroad [UPDATED] by omosezy(f): 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2021
Weldone @iknowexpert God bless you for this post.....

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Plight Of Kids In The Midst Of Divorce And Separation / Paternity Fraud Should Be Criminalized / Fathers Should Also Be Appreciated Like Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.