Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Say No To Xenophobia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Say No To Xenophobia (241 Views)

President Ramaphosa Makes Mistake On TV Against Xenophobia (Video) / "Paul Kagame Did Not Withdraw From WEFA Because Of Xenophobia" Rwandan Official / South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Say No To Xenophobia by moneywealt: 8:48am On Jan 02, 2020
#AFRICA2020- THE No.1 #AGENDA- #ONEUNITEDAFRICA - #OUR #VISION: #OUR #DREAM

The Sleepless Nights Has Started!!!.

So the year we all prayed for is here. To God be the glory.

The first day gone and the second day is here already.

It really got me thinking that before we know it the middle of the year will be here.

So I know that my days are going to be stretched, my nights will be short because of the vision and the dream that we have committed ourselves to by the grace of Almighty God.

Bishop Oyedepo once said, big dreams scare. But we have a trustworthy and trust earned Bigger God.

So I have started ahead of the project team's first meeting, all through the holidays we were all busy at different locations , working the phones, setting up appointments across Africa, checking up the details and putting our humongous costs outlays together.
But we trust God.

When that sultry afternoon, on the 8th of March 2012, as a first term Member House of Representatives, barely one year old in the Nigerian National Parliament, and move tha motion coming by way of matter of national importance, I was angry with developments in a country hitherto our cousin, about the treatment brothers inflicted on brother Africans, I did out of duty and obligation as a believer in Pan African Philosophy.

I had since left the parliament and moved on to other things in life and was rattled the morning of September 2, 2019 when there was another major outbreak of violence that led to loss of lives of Nigerians and nationals from other African nations, with attendant loss of property. Even though the years in between had recorded what was described as minor skirmishes.

I was down cast and crest fallen. Because early in my life I saw Africa and countries therein like an extension of Nigeria, no thanks to Ozidi king Sunny Okosun anti apartheid songs, or Ebenezer Obey's Brothers and Sisters I'm going back to my home song, describing Africa as home, and unshaken in his faith that one we shall all meet in Africa, Africa MOTHERLAND!

And the patriots like Thomas Sankaras exploits, kwame Nkrumah, Mwalimu Julius Nyerere, Kenneth Kaunda, Nelson Mandela who I met and our own Olusegun Obasanjo's pan African commitment and legendary roles for the unity of Africa.

To me the xenophobic attacks signalled the imminent death knell of all that our forebears had lived and worked for before going the way of the saints.

So that evening when I got a call to speak to this matter on African Independent Television (AIT) on the strength of the motion I had moved seven years earlier, my gut instinct was that we should all go our different ways if our Africaness cannot secure guarantees of safety on the continent and we continue in acts that will debased humanity, my wrenched gut reaction was a severance of doplomatic ties, but my worry was , will we still have a continent if all 54 nations severe links?

What happens to the potentials and prospects of our people , the hopes and dreams of our forefathers who spent their lives pushing for the enthronement of the idea of #ONEUNITEDAFRICA?

What will become of our shared history of struggles, through slavery, colonialism and other typifying and typical historical experiences that defines us as Africans?

As I brood over this as I was about leaving the set that day , the lady anchor asked me a simple question with a look of is this the best we can do? Just to talk and condemn on Television everytime an incident happens ?

Bemoan our fate and leave it until another outbreak with all the attendant negative consequences on lives, businesses, relationships both between peoples and country?

The retaliatory action in Nigeria was the last straw that jolted me back to that question couple of days after, that confirmed the dimension and the extent this could assume if we do nothing.

So I chose to do something, make an effort and see how far we can go, I believe we must push back.

I had always known that the easiest way for evil to fester is if there are no resistance to the territorialism nature of evil.

So I started and began to think about ways forward.

To the glory of God as we started, we began to get people of like minds who also felt that we had the duty to push back, we agreed that GOVERNMENT TO GOVERNMENT bilateral and diplomatic efforts were very important and necessary and the President, the Honourable Minister and indeed the federal government must be be commended for moving in and doing all the government can do.

I had additional drive to do something in my own small corner when I saw the altruistic effort of #Bar.#Allen #Onyeama the proprietor of #Airpeace #Airlines support for Nigeria and Nigerians in evacuating Nigerians from the line of death possibly.

I salute him and salute Speaker Gbajabiamila and Members of the Green chamber for honouring this rare Nigerian for undertaking that effort without being proded but driven by pure patriotism. A rarity among businessmen of these days.

So our effort is to complement what government is doing by introducing PEOPLE TO PEOPLE robust engagement, new PARADIGM toward conscientising and crusading for a rediscovery of our Africaness and redirecting our energies and focus to that one goal that a united Africa has greater opportunities, possibilities and prospect than a divided Africa.

So we started with men and women of good faith who have laboured hard in the sensitisation work and other ways to bring this project to the point where it has become the only major organised form of crusade and conscientisation efforts against black on black violence, promotion of peace and amity among brothers on the continent today, supporting Nigeria's lead role in advocating for Africas well being.

I must acknowledge the consistent support of persons who have thrown themselves into driving the vision like our lives depend on it, one thing is clear we are making efforts to ensure that Africa and her opportunities do not get consumed by resentment and needless hate PARTICULARLY now that we have intelligence of another likely outbreaks already in three other nations and a repeat if we are not careful on the continent at anytime.

We have our eyes on our place in history and like Peter Tosh sang, time will prove us right or wrong.

Apart from the SIX initiatives for execution on the platform titled #AFRICA2020- #ONEUNITEDAFRICA, I personally do not know of any other ongoing engagement efforts that is anchored on PEOPLE TO PEOPLE modules that will take this matter of BLACK ON BLACK VIOLENCE to the streets of Africa and to real people and not left to resolution within diplomatic meeting rooms.

The real people are on the streets of Africa. And that is where hate is birthed and deployed for maximum harm.

We have that obligation to connect Africans on the streets PARTICULARLY and elsewhere and Bridge the information and knowledge gap between the younger generation and the values of Pan Africanism as espoused by our forebears.

So as we are getting our plans together, I want to first and foremost acknowledge and appreciate ALL THOSE WHO HAVE GIVEN US THEIR WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT on the social media, i.e Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, Thank you for your kind words, comments, shares, and likes, we are deeply grateful.

Be assured that we are just a vehicle to deliver on a noble cause in the interest of all of us Africans, to protect our Africaness, Our Continent and Humanity.

We know a BROKEN FAMILY PORCELAIN WILL NEVER BE USEFUL TO ANYONE, INCLUDING THE PERSON IN WHOSE HANDS IT FELL DOWN MISTAKENLY OR WAS DELIBERATELY THROWN AWAY DUE TO ANGER!

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Every like or share or comment is part of the crusade and conscientisation, so please keep following and putting in your little bit and get on the social media platforms to follow us and the project as it crystallises.

May I use this medium to make it clear audibly that this is not a Congressman Bimbo Daramola's project, it is not aimed to achieve any pecuniary purpose or to promote me or for any "notice me , I dey here" purpose, I am just pursuing a vision that all of us may just find ourselves in its cosy embrace one day.

It is not about me but us, all of us Africans.

I must use this medium to thank my co-visioners, who have worked and still working hard, from Mr. Lanre #Aribisala, to Pastor John #Shuaibu, Tosin Jaspiro #Ogunkuade, thanks for your commitment, Dr Dixon #Agboola, Dr Bukky #Jayesinmi, Yinka #Aderemi, Hon.Ayodeji #Daramola, #Jude the Chairman, (keeping him under wraps) Michael #Irabor, #Kunle A. (Keeping underwraps), #Anig..Mike(under wraps), #Augustine Bukari Mumuni from Ghana, #Edith A from South Africa, Femi #Adebanji, My secretary #Chichi, Our corp member #Adeyinka, Wale #Adegbite for the hard work on this project, I am very grateful to you all.

We have entered into another phase, the year to give birth is here, I am sure we will double our efforts, and do all we can trusting God to accomplish this vision.

I also want to use this medium to express our gratitude to Senator #femi #Ojudu and staff for the invaluable encouragement.

Lastly, I must as a matter of deep appreciation express our gratitude to the vision holders, because they are persons whom we have had the rare privilege of presenting the project to and they have graciously endorsed the initiative, these endorsements by these calibre of VVIPs clearly validates the fact that we are on stomping around like a headless chicken.

To get the buy in of these dignitaries evidently shows that the nobility of our purpose and cause is not in doubt. We are very grateful indeed.

We acknowledge the gracious enthusiastic welcome, reception, audience and princely and priceless endorsements of two former Presidents of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President #Olusegun #Obasanjo GCFR, President #Goodluck #Jonathan GCFR, Oonirisa, His Imperial Majesty, Oba #Enitan #Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ojaja 1, The very warm and affectionate, calm and confident Minister of Foreign Affairs, His Excellency #Geoffrey #Onyeama, Foremost Pan African His Excellency Alhaji #Bamanga #Tukur CON, Proven Afrocentric High Chief #Raymond Aleogho #Dokpesi, Ace Journalist and Publisher, Basorun #Dele #Momodu and former Presidential Spokesperson and Reknown Journalist #Olusegun #Adeniyi.

We are so so grateful. We are not taking your gracious endorsements for granted, we are going to do all to justify the privileged endorsements and make you proud by this effort to heal and restore our African unity. A rennaisance of Pan AFRICANISM is afoot.

As we go into the year 2020 and we set sail, we are counting on all men of goodwill and faith to join hands with us to make our continent safe for every African from Capetown to Cairo, Lagos to Libya as we push to reunite Africa and Africans and make brothers, brothers again.

Thank you all

#Viva #Africa...#MOTHERLAND home for all

#congressman #bimbo #Daramola
3.40am
02:01:2020

Re: Say No To Xenophobia by UMDGee(m): 8:52am On Jan 02, 2020
Happy new year guys. Abeg any G men in the house staying in Lagos? Please help a brother something lead to something na so I take remain homeless and toolless ooo. Not even a lapi or good phone nothing nothing. Abeg a brother need small help for accommodation anywhere in Lagos, Ibadan or ABK I go come abeg�� I just want to restart hustling from the bottom again make I see if God will pick my call once more. I know so many G paying jobs but no tools no accommodation to even hide my head. Abeg any sure OG willing to help me pls message me your contact info at wisdom_monday@yahoo.com make we stay focus and hustle together. As i no get lapi and good phone hunger wan kill person abeg

(1) (Reply)

Us-iran Relations: A Brief History / General Qassem Soleiman Saved Christian Lives In Syria And Iraq / Mother faces punishment for failing to save Kim family portraits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.