Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,449 members, 7,830,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

'there Is No Such Thing As New Year Prophetic Declarations In The Whole Bible' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'there Is No Such Thing As New Year Prophetic Declarations In The Whole Bible' (216 Views)

Daniel Olukoya Of MFM Unveils 33 Prophetic Declarations For 2020 / Is Abortion the same thing as Murder ? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Prophetic Declarations For 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'there Is No Such Thing As New Year Prophetic Declarations In The Whole Bible' by shehuolayinka(m): 10:35am On Jan 02, 2020
Social Commentator and Author of the book Victor Banjo, Deji Yesufu says there is no such thing as new year or new month prophetic declarations in the whole Bible.

He said, It is men producing a word from their hearts, when God has not sent them.

Yesufu was reacting to the yearly prophetic declaration by Pentecostals Pastors in Nigeria.

Notably among those who release yearly prophesies are: Enoch Adeboye of the Redeem Christian Church of God, Daniel Kolawole Olukoya of Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, David Oyedepo of Living Faith Church Worldwide, Temitope Joshua of Synagouge Church of All Nation, etc.

He said this in a post published on his Facebook page, titled, “Concerning New Year Prophecies and Declarations“.

His post read, “I begin this piece by wishing everyone on my timeline and all who will read this a HAPPY NEW YEAR. I sincerely pray that the year will be good to you. That you will fulfill your goals and heart desire. Most of all I pray you will find peace with God through Jesus Christ and that you’ll be a blessing to humanity which is God’s creation.”

This piece is both a lamentation against New Year prophetic declarations and it is also a prophetic declaration over you as I “received” a word from God for all of you just this morning. First let me tell you how God spoke to me this morning.

For many years now, I believe since 1998, I have developed a discipline of just reading the Bible through, Genesis to Revelation. When I started the discipline I used to cover the whole Bible two or three times a year (I don’t use a Bible reading plan and I am not recommending mine to you – I am simply telling a story). I could spend a year or more reading the Bible through.

Most of the time when I read scriptures like this I get nothing. In fact I become afraid that I am just fulfilling all righteousness. But I keep at it bc some days comes, God uses this Bible reading plan to speak directly to me. I believe he did this morning.

My reading this morning was Jeremiah 14-17. It is a long text and I’ll wish that you will find time to read it. The text, like most of Jeremiah’s writings, describes God’s unhappiness with Israel. Rather than wishing them well, he condemns the whole nation for their sins.

In chapter 14:13-16, God takes on prophets who are prophesying lies to Israel. They were telling people that all will be well with them (in the New Year) when they ought to be telling the people to repent of their sins.

In chapter 15:1-4, God says even if Moses or Samuel were to intercede to Israel, his mind to bring them to destruction was made up. God says he had destined Israel to four types of destruction: pestilence, sword, famine and captivity. (BEWARE OF PASTORS WHO WILL TELL YOU THAT THIS IS A YEAR OF PROSPERITY AND BREAKTHROUGHS)

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2020/01/02/no-such-thing-as-new-year-prophetic-declarations-in-the-whole-bible-scholar/

1 Like

Re: 'there Is No Such Thing As New Year Prophetic Declarations In The Whole Bible' by donbachi(m): 10:39am On Jan 02, 2020
Jesus said we shall do greater things than he did.
Re: 'there Is No Such Thing As New Year Prophetic Declarations In The Whole Bible' by peggywebbs(f): 9:34am On Jan 03, 2020
There is nothing like yearly prophecies. God does not work with our calendar. He gives prophets supernatural knowledge when he desires. It is the same reason why most of all these pastors prophecies never come to pass. They are not speaking from God but to capture the minds of their followers.

Even ordinary Christians and non religious people receive revelations on future events but all that does not happen at the end of the year but instead on the will of God.

The fact that all these people write 30 or more ridiculous prophecies shows how much they follow the news and happenings around the world.
Re: 'there Is No Such Thing As New Year Prophetic Declarations In The Whole Bible' by Jochabed(f): 9:49am On Jan 03, 2020
Must everything be in the bible.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Downloaded Nigerian Worship Songs Released In 2019 / In The Light Of Truth: The Creation Of Man. / Final Freedom From Masturbation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.