Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:02 AM

Babatunde Okanlawon Gives 6 Months Stewardship Account, Empowers Constituents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Okanlawon Gives 6 Months Stewardship Account, Empowers Constituents (243 Views)

Niger Republic Gives 6 Nigerians National Honours / Hon. Emeka Martins Chinedu Gives Account Of Two Years And Six Months Stewardship / FG gives 6-months grace for registration of irregular migrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Babatunde Okanlawon Gives 6 Months Stewardship Account, Empowers Constituents by Kosofepost(m): 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2020
Promise made, promise kept in his media chat last year 2019, Hon. Sanni Ganiu Babatunde Okanlawon, assured that timely feedback to the people of Kosofe constituency 1 will be in his top priority.

In keeping to his promise he personally signed a press statement tagged” KOSOFE CONSTITUENCY 1 YEAR END FEEDBACK” detailing his 6months in office achievements and equally thanked the people of Kosofe constituency 1 for entrusting him with the mandate.

Full Statement

KOSOFE CONSTITUENCY 1 YEAR END FEEDBACK

I am indeed very grateful to the Almighty Allah and to all of you my constituents of KOSOFE CONSTITUENCY 1 to have freely handed over your mandate to me to be your EYES, NOSES, EARS and MOUTH PIECE at the peoples parliament of the Lagos State House of Assembly, the parliament that is above the common standard of excellence.
Most importantly, I’ll like to appreciate all of you my constituents for fulfilling your part of citizens civic responsibilities by paying your Taxes and conducting yourselves in the most civil manner at all times. It is commendable and I must say here that i am indeed proud of you.

FEEDBACK

It is six months that I’ve been on the saddle as your representative in the hallowed chamber of the Lagos state house of Assembly and I feel strongly as your messenger that you should be acquainted of my activities. This is the journey so far :

REPRESENTATION/OVERSIGHT FUNCTIONS

I have intensified and exerted pressure towards the completion of the seemingly abandoned vehicular bridge of Arowojobe estate, Mende, Maryland which I actually facilitated during the erstwhile government. I’m happy to report that work had since resumed by the contractor Messrs Brenco construction company, they’ve been mobilized and delivery date put at April,2020.
Drainage / Road Construction has commenced at Kujore and in Ojota axis of Kosofe Constituency 1.
The primary drains called (Canals)of Odo Iyalaro, Gbagada, Arowojobe and several others hitherto clogged up had been dredged and others yet to, are being worked upon.
Adequate provision has been made in year 2020 budget for the completion of road and the vehicular bridge construction at Soluyi.
Ogudu road had been resurfaced from Ojota down to Ogudu roundabout courtesy of yours truly representation.
Discussion is on- going with the Special Adviser on Works on the need to link the Pastor Ayorinde st, by the side of Kosofe Local Govt Headquarters to the Ibadan Express way to burst out almost opposite Apostolic church on the expressway. A team of Engineers from the Ministry are already working on it.
I have submitted the name of Muslim college Oworonshoki and has been earmarked for outright renovation and furnishings any moment from now.
Bush st by Anthony/Mende had also been submitted and captured for reconstruction.
READ MORE: Bush Street/ Faromobi Ajike Street Needs Full scale Construction In Kosofe

The seemingly abandoned road and drainage project of Ajibike st to link Ifako with Oworo 2nd access road has been lined up for work resumption.
The team of Engineers from the Ministry of Works were conducted round Adebola st by yours truly, for road construction to link up with Ramat crescent.
The Commissioner for Physical planning was conducted round the seeming intractable road challenge in Harmony estate. The Special Adviser works was also in sync with the resolution agreed to by all stakeholders to finally put to rest the challenge of linking Ifako with the Oworo 2nd access road.
In partnership with fu-nergy company, I have trained and graduated some of our youths in the art and science of Renewable Energy which enabled the beneficiaries to acquire the know how of Inverter(solar/ battery powered) production, installation and marketing. Some were retained and now working for the company, others had been introduced to the Lagos state employment trust fund( LSETF) to access fund to start up their own businesses and become entrepreneurs.
https://twitter.com/KOSOFEPOST/status/1212761089668198401

(1) (Reply)

Consider Kano Your Second Home, Emir Sanusi Tells Osinbajo. / #teachadetutulesson / Kwara Gov Says No Birthday Bash, Adverts For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.