Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Gurus In Writing Please I Have A Question. - Literature/Writing Ads - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Ads / Gurus In Writing Please I Have A Question. (580 Views)

My Professionalism In Writing Is Entertainment Related Articles / I Am An Expert In Writing Entertainment Related Articles / I Am An Expert In Writing Entertainment Related Articles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gurus In Writing Please I Have A Question. by Desyno: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2020
I was told writing is more of passion than talent and this is my believe about writing because I love to read novel and write article .
But what is the essence of passion that one's can't turn into profit.
This is what I'm battling with now, I spent hours sometimes reading articles and news online but I have not make a dime from this my passion. I recently got a job (which though I did not deliver on time due to electricity problems in town where I celebrate Xmas) of more than 5000 words which I did my best to make it look good and unique but upon submission the client
started complain about the work. I wrote more than 5000 words for him but up till now he didn't send me airtime as compensation. I'm not here to talk about the man but rather to seek for advice wether to give up on this writing business or continue. If I want to continue what can I do because I'm confuse.
Please don't just read ,advice me.

1 Like

Re: Gurus In Writing Please I Have A Question. by Charlynega(m): 8:02pm On Jan 02, 2020
You were right when you said writing is more of passion than talent. My advice for you is to keep chasing your dreams and continue to write. When I started writing, most of my jobs got rejected because it was not up to standard but that did not stop me from improving. Now, I can bodly say I am a good writer and clients testify to the excellence of my articles and ebooks.

Just take out time to learn more by reading well renowned articles and train yourself more. Do not give up. Improve and you will be the best at what you do, trust me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gurus In Writing Please I Have A Question. by Desyno: 7:39am On Jan 03, 2020
Charlynega:
You were right when you said writing is more of passion than talent. My advice for you is to keep chasing your dreams and continue to write. When I started writing, most of my jobs got rejected because it was not up to standard but that did not stop me from improving. Now, I can bodly say I am a good writer and clients testify to the excellence of my articles and ebooks.

Just take out time to learn more by reading well renowned articles and train yourself more. Do not give up. Improve and you will be the best at what you do, trust me.
thank you very much boss, I really appreciate.
It really make my day..

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Closed / Reality Tv Show Script Writer Needed For Urgent Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.