Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,061 members, 7,838,696 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" (54446 Views)

Presidency Displeased With Governor Abdulrazak Over Ile Arugbo Demolition / Gbemisola Saraki Breaks Silence On Ile Arugbo" Demolition, Comdemns Gov's Action / Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Lanruze: 11:08am On Jan 03, 2020
God bless the author of this quote....

I can assure you that Ilorin people except bastards will never forgive Abdulrasak...

He should be a very stupid, clueless and vengeful man.

He will surely regret this decision.

This house was solely built by Olusola Saraki to cater for the poor, needy, and unaccomodated within Ilorin...

A replica of Fela's Shrine in Ikeja.

Once you cannot afford accommodation anywhere in Ilorin, The Saraki's built this house a form of Philanthropy for the less privileged to feed and accomodate this set of people in Ilorin, Kwara State.

The curse of the less privileged who have enjoyed this facility in the past will hunt this fool who has chosen to abuse power and attract the wrath of God.

I rest my case.

helinues:
Abdulrasaq don dey carry his sara pass mosalasi.

This is immature politics which may back fire.. You don't add more enemies to the already on ground
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by thatigboman: 11:26am On Jan 03, 2020
yarimo:
from IPOB news outlets abi? grin
from your oga Tinubu's nations newspaper
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by gotnel: 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
I think there are some mystery surrounding this ILE ARUGBO.
The speed at which everything about the land and the subsequent demolition was carried out made me to think that something is fishing.

The public can only make comments.
All parties who are not satisfied with what the government has done should approach the court for adjudication.
Let the Saraki's get another land and build another ile ARUGBO to continue the legacy of their father.
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Arrahman39: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
Hotfreez:

You must be from the SE.
They caught someone who stole government land and you're shouting hatred.

Once I hear hatred, wickedness, marginalisation, no need. I know such person is from the SE.
acquainted or not, distractions is not the best solution.
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Bimpe29: 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
Let it not be personalized in the political context.

Abuse of office is in play really.

Current Governor will be vindicated in no distant time.
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Idrisk19(m): 12:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
despite the love I have for my governor, the demolition of Ile Arugbo is make me hate him. I swear
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by RunThins: 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
PEPPERified:
He is tackling the issue diplomatically

For those quoting me, I know you might be ignorant of the fact that the governor/the government cannot just wake up and decide to demolish a building that has been on a parcel of land for over 30 years without going to court to determine who owns the land, and get an order to do that.

The governor cannot arbitrarily decide who owns what and what should be done against him. That’s why there’s the rule of law. Only the courts can look into the mode of acquisition of that land, and other principles such as latches and acquiescence.

Not exactly, when it comes to illegal structures the government has the right to demolish it after giving the owner a notice of intent. It is the owner of the structure that should approach the court if they have evidence to the contrary. In this situation, the governor did not act alone or arbitrarily as you wrongly claimed. The KSHA passed a law that was enforced by the State Governor, If the Saraki family had evidence contracting the supposition of the KSHA and the Government, they could have approached the court for an injunction! And believe me Bukola Saraki knows a thing or two about court injunctions. Illegality, not matter how long it's been perpetrated, should be tackled.

And honestly, it is Bukola Saraki that has tarnished the name and legacy that was handed him by his father. The goodwill that his father built in the state, the Saraki name recognition on which he rode to power, he destroyed over 16 years of politics of greedy enslavement of an entire state, holding both the resources and people captive. Bukola Saraki is the "inside man" in the on going undoing of the Saraki legacy. Or have we forgotten, that this same man went against his father by anointing his stooge his successor. Or that he was his own father's political opponent while alive. Or that even as we speak, there isn't a unified Saraki political block in Kwara State. My guy, stop crying us a river, you opened up your father's legacy to public ridicule with your politics of greed and "divide and conquer". Sadly, you also divided the Saraki political base, and now it's being conquered! Enjoy reaping what you sowed, and spare us the crocodile tears!
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
PEPPERified:

For those quoting me, I know you might be ignorant of the fact that the governor/the government cannot just wake up and decide to demolish a building that has been on a parcel of land for over 30 years without going to court to determine who owns the land, and get an order to do that.

The governor cannot arbitrarily decide who owns what and what should be done against him. That’s why there’s the rule of law. Only the courts can look into the mode of acquisition of that land, and other principles such as latches and acquiescence.

Hi , I would advice you to go and read 1979 decree on land. It states that all lands in a state belongs to state governor except the ones allocated for federal government. 2. In the law , there is what will call revocation of land . Governor has every right to revoke any land in his state for public domain /entity. C/o only exist for 99years if given and if revoked , betterment will be given ... compensation will only be given if you have only the registered survey plan and agreement on it. Pls be guided. A governor can even revoke a land from FG... but u know politics na , in naija
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
RunThins:

Not exactly, when it comes to illegal structures the government has the right to demolish it after giving the owner a notice of intent. It is the owner of the structure that should approach the court if they have evidence to the contrary. In this situation, the governor did not act alone or arbitrarily as you wrongly claimed. The KSHA passed a law that was enforced by the State Governor, If the Saraki family had evidence contracting the supposition of the KSHA and the Government, they could have approached the court for an injunction! And believe me Bukola Saraki knows a thing or two about court injunctions. Illegality, not matter how long it's been perpetrated, should be tackled.

My brother you have even gone too far , the truth is the land belongs to the kwara state government before, there isn't proper documentation for the acquisition of the land . And besides the survey was submitted under the government section in ministry of lands..
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Mrexcell(m): 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2020
babecode:
Following development this morning in Ile Arugbo, I want to commend the women, men, old and young, who displayed their affection, love and staunch support for my late father and the family.

I appreciate the genuine support of the women and youths who stood firmly in the face of aggression and naked show of force.
Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki.

Your action throughout the night gave full expression to my belief that what Ile Arugbo represents to all of us is etched in our hearts. It goes beyond the physical structure. I am happy that you were not intimidated as you stood your ground.

This day will go down as the day you reciprocated the love and affection my father and family have for you. You have displayed a gesture of goodwill and passionate love. We assure you that justice shall prevail in a not too distant future.

May God bless us all.

So gbemi saraki that's also an apc member couldn't even stop this demolition?
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by exco90(m): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
PEPPERified:

not this APC government... is it not the same government that will arrest you.. then will be looking for the offence you committed?..

1 Like

Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Amalekki: 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
Kudos to the government of Kwara State. Otoge does not end at change of government. Symbolic actions must be taken to underline the significance. The intellectually challenged may not understand the implication but their children would in future. The problem of a society is difficult to resolve in one day but each process serves as reference and precedence going forward.

You simply cannot form a parallel government by enriching yourself using your powerful 'connections' to corner the meagre resources due to your state and then give the people the crumbs at the gallery for all to see and hail you as the benevolent leader who loves his people. No, let the system of governance work as designed. Those millions going to your account could build roads, facilitate loan schemes for small businesses. build hospitals, equip schools, enhance security etc.

To those still stealing and paying tithe of 10% to the poor and the 'arugbos', you are still a thief and we don't have that in our constitution. You can do that privately with your personal wealth but not as a politician cornering government benefits for your people. The lesson here is that you should keep in mind that one day will be one day when 'a Pharaoh will come and won't know Joseph!'
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by abidem4real: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
babecode:
Following development this morning in Ile Arugbo, I want to commend the women, men, old and young, who displayed their affection, love and staunch support for my late father and the family.

I appreciate the genuine support of the women and youths who stood firmly in the face of aggression and naked show of force.
Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki.

Your action throughout the night gave full expression to my belief that what Ile Arugbo represents to all of us is etched in our hearts. It goes beyond the physical structure. I am happy that you were not intimidated as you stood your ground.

This day will go down as the day you reciprocated the love and affection my father and family have for you. You have displayed a gesture of goodwill and passionate love. We assure you that justice shall prevail in a not too distant future.

May God bless us all.
Life indeed is a pendulum! The incumbent must not be oblivious of its swinging too.
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Arthur02(m): 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2020
I can see the hand of Federal Government.
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Bobbyfreshh(m): 10:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
77up:
Looking at the way majority of the youths in this generation defends their oppressors simply shows there is no end in political impunity any time soon. Savagery of sentiment and hates especially from SE.

Well, thank you @Hotfreez for hot pap served this morning grin

Who is this clown.....if you make a comment without mentioning SE I guess it's a wasted comment abi........o dara julọ lati wa iṣẹ ki o dẹkun isinwin yii !!! aṣiwere

Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by 77up(m): 9:13am On Jan 04, 2020
Bobbyfreshh:

Who is this clown.....if you make a comment without mentioning SE I guess it's a wasted comment abi........o dara julọ lati wa iṣẹ ki o dẹkun isinwin yii !!! aṣiwere
osi maa pe o lati fi Igbo mimu sile ni 2020 yi ki o ma baa yawere .

Alaagana tongue
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Bobbyfreshh(m): 9:49am On Jan 04, 2020
77up:
osi maa pe o lati fi Igbo mimu sile ni 2020 yi ki o ma baa yawere .

Alaagana tongue

baba gbe mumu mi lo jare jare…. angry angry
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by 77up(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bobbyfreshh:

baba gbe mumu mi lo jare jare…. angry angry
grin grin
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Bobbyfreshh(m): 3:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
77up:
grin grin

Baba why u dey laugh me nah
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by 77up(m): 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
Bobbyfreshh:

Baba why u dey laugh me nah
since I no come understand wetting you talk last nko grin
Re: Saraki Reacts As Kwara Government Demolishes "Ile Arugbo" by Bobbyfreshh(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
77up:
since I no come understand wetting you talk last nko grin

Nna mhen this google translation dey ff up cheesy cheesy cheesy

No reason am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Using Sim Card Hanan, Buhari’s Daughter Previously Used, Detained By DSS / Photo Proof: Peter Obi Lied About The Nassarawa Girl That Need Help With Oven / Fayose Wears Shorts To 2018 Workers' Day Celebration (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.