Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Ibadan Employer: Why Do You Employ From Lagos? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ibadan Employer: Why Do You Employ From Lagos? (422 Views)

Will You Employ Her Or Recommend Her For A Role? / Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary / Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Employer: Why Do You Employ From Lagos? by GideonOludayomi(m): 9:21pm On Jan 02, 2020
Why would an employer of labour whose business is operational and resident in the city of Ibadan prefer to employ from Lagos to employing in Ibadan when there are plenty job seekers in the same city?

On my own part and to be candid, I see many job seekers in Ibadan as been unserious and unprepared. It is like they have this believe that an employee is there to just serve them their right rather than for them to work. How does that work?

Recently, I discovered that some 'juicy' job offers meant for Ibadan were advertised as Lagos jobs thereby leaving job seekers in the city only competing for crumbs. Could these employers have the same opinion as mine? What could be the problem? ...I am really touched by this.

Now, in other to help job seekers within the city of Ibadan understand what they maybe lacking and where they should improve particularly in this year 2020, I have created this thread and I am pleading to you employers to kindly voice your candid opinion on this matter.

Thank you and God bless.
Re: Ibadan Employer: Why Do You Employ From Lagos? by Timson01(m): 9:23pm On Jan 02, 2020
Because Lagos people!e are smarter and more industrious and even smarter and can work like hell for their boss without complaining
Re: Ibadan Employer: Why Do You Employ From Lagos? by Pearlyakin(m): 9:31pm On Jan 02, 2020
Timson01:
Because Lagos people!e are smarter and more industrious and even smarter and can work like hell for their boss without complaining
Have you try to subject Ibadan job seekers to such condition like that of Lagos, there is an HR firm in Ibadan where people work like Hell 24/7 just like that of Lagos.
In my opinion both Job seekers in the two states have the same thing in common because nowadays in Ibadan, the traffic jam can be massive and cost of living is increasing gradually in Ibadan though it is not noticeable like that of Lagos.
Re: Ibadan Employer: Why Do You Employ From Lagos? by Avast(m): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
GideonOludayomi:
Why would an employer of labour whose business is operational and resident in the city of Ibadan prefer to employ from Lagos to employing in Ibadan when there are plenty job seekers in the same city?

On my own part and to be candid, I see many job seekers in Ibadan as been unserious and unprepared. It is like they have this believe that an employee is there to just serve them their right rather than for them to work. How does that work?

Recently, I discovered that some 'juicy' job offers meant for Ibadan were advertised as Lagos jobs thereby leaving job seekers in the city only competing for crumbs. Could these employers have the same opinion as mine? What could be the problem? ...I am really touched by this.

Now, in other to help job seekers within the city of Ibadan understand what they maybe lacking and where they should improve particularly in this year 2020, I have created this thread and I am pleading to you employers to kindly voice your candid opinion on this matter.

Thank you and God bless.

This is true.
I am currently working in ibadan and I applied and did all my interview at lagos.
Re: Ibadan Employer: Why Do You Employ From Lagos? by bankzee: 2:26am On Jan 04, 2020
I agreed with u. I did my interview in lagos and am currently working in Ibadan branch .

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Millions In 100days / Urgent Direction Please! / Vacancy At Emaxie Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.