Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

5-feet Pet Snake Rescued After Getting Stuck In Car Gear Stick - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 5-feet Pet Snake Rescued After Getting Stuck In Car Gear Stick (687 Views)

US Police Shoot 18ft Pet Snake As It Strangled Its Owner To Death (Pics) / My Pet Snake / Man Strangled To Death By His Pet Snake In Ghana (Photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5-feet Pet Snake Rescued After Getting Stuck In Car Gear Stick by Cargist44: 8:23am On Jan 03, 2020
A 5-feet snake has been rescued after getting stuck inside a car's gear stick.

The pet corn snake named Allan was traveling to Oldham for the Christmas holidays with its owner, Ellie Bond when it got out of its vivarium (container for keeping animals under semi-natural conditions).

On noticing that the snake wasn't in the enclosure, Bond and her partner, Lewis Newton, anxiously searched the car but couldn't find Allan. Bond thought her pet snake has fallen off the car and on to the highway.

The couple began to pull out the car seats in search of the missing snake. Then Newton removed the casing around the gear stick and saw missing the snake.

25-year-old Ellie Bond, who was working in Oakwood infant school in Derby as a supply teacher said,

"He is 5ft long and quite chunky so he was properly trapped, and I was worried he would hurt himself trying to get free. We tried using butter to help lubricate the area but he still couldn’t move.
It was also snowing so was very cold for him – which is also very dangerous for a snake – so I was scared he would die if we could not release him quickly as he had been there for a few hours."

To worsen the situation, the pet snake, was said to have feasted on a large meal before they hit the road. So, getting him out of the car was going to be challenging.

Naijauto learned an RSPCA (Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) inspector was called to the scene. After looking at the situation, rescue service and Greater Manchester firefighters were then called to help rescue the snake.

The RSPCA inspector, Angela Paxton-Taylor had to hold Allan-the pet snake with a wet towel in case the gear stick was hot, so it doesn't harm the snake. The firefighters, on the other hand, cut a small piece of metal off to enable the snake to be freed.

According to Angela,

"Along with the fire crews we were able to safely release him and he appeared unharmed – a few scales were missing and he was very cold but we were able to warm him up and he is doing well.
It was awkward as there was me and five firefighters in a Citroen C1 working hard to free Allan but it worked. The fire service who worked brilliantly as a team and were determined and really considerate for the wellbeing of Alan."

Bond told local media that her pet snake is now doing fine after the ordeal.

Happy New Year, esteemed readers!

Source:https://naijauto.com/market-news/pet-snake-stuck-in-car-gear-stick-5815

Re: 5-feet Pet Snake Rescued After Getting Stuck In Car Gear Stick by GOFRONT(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2020
Just Negodu
Re: 5-feet Pet Snake Rescued After Getting Stuck In Car Gear Stick by aminusodiq(m): 8:27am On Jan 03, 2020
Cc
Re: 5-feet Pet Snake Rescued After Getting Stuck In Car Gear Stick by NwaAmaikpe: 8:32am On Jan 03, 2020
shocked

Gosh, I just love snakes.
They make very good pets.

The feel of its smooth cold scales slithering across my skin just like damp velvet can not be exchanged for anything.
One time during forreplay, I bound Subedetu's hand, blindfolded her and allowed my snake (the real snake) which she was always scared of to just slither over her face.

It was blissful torture.
Its hissing that surpasses all moans made her climax in fright and in awe.

Till this day, she has refused to visit again and says she may only change her mind if I get a rattlesnake. (I'd never know why).

Snakes are very subtle, very sneaky and very endearing.
They are about the best of God's creations. It's a shame that they are almost being annihilated in Nigeria and across Africa.

I intend to start a #SaveThatSerpent campaign this 2020.
Imagine what a better place our world will be if people converted as pets the snakes they kill?

A snake in the home will put an end to the menace of rodents.
Ladies who are battling preek addiction are usually advised to get themselves a snake as pet.
Our ecosystem is being greatly altered, our food chain broken down and the foodweb distorted with the constant killing of snakes.

We'd wake up one day to discover that we are the problems we wanted to solve.

With this said,
Show love to the next snake you see.
Call it a name and take it home to be part of your family.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5-feet Pet Snake Rescued After Getting Stuck In Car Gear Stick by heffem(m): 8:36am On Jan 03, 2020
These guys have working systems in their country that's why their things looks easy and funny.....for naija? na me go use my hand kill the snake....no time
Re: 5-feet Pet Snake Rescued After Getting Stuck In Car Gear Stick by habsydiamond(m): 8:45am On Jan 03, 2020
If na naija eh, the only fire service you go see na the one wey dey go use cook and roast the snake. grin grin grin
Re: 5-feet Pet Snake Rescued After Getting Stuck In Car Gear Stick by donbachi(m): 8:46am On Jan 03, 2020
heffem:
These guys have working systems in their country that's why their things looks easy and funny.....for naija? na me go use my hand kill the snake....no time
come pet am inside pot with enough pepper and scent leaf.

1 Like

Re: 5-feet Pet Snake Rescued After Getting Stuck In Car Gear Stick by Johnsonbet365(m): 9:21am On Jan 03, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Gosh, I just love snakes.
They make very good pets.

The feel of its smooth cold scales slithering across my skin just like damp velvet can not be exchanged for anything.
One time during pre-intimacy, I bound Subedetu's hand, blindfolded her and allowed my snake (the real snake) which she was always scared of to just slither over her face.

It was blissful torture.
Its hissing that surpasses all moans made her climax in fright and in awe.

Till this day, she has refused to visit again and says she may only change her mind if I get a rattlesnake. (I'd never know why).

Snakes are very subtle, very sneaky and very endearing.
They are about the best of God's creations. It's a shame that they are almost being annihilated in Nigeria and across Africa.

I intend to start a #Save that serpent campaign this 2020.
Imagine what a better place our world will be if people converted as pets the snakes they kill?

A snake in the home will put an end to the menace of rodents.
Ladies who are battling preek addiction are usually advised to get themselves a snake as pet.

With this said,
Show love to the next snake you see.

I just pray mouth does not kill you bro

(1) (Reply)

Lhasa For New Homes / Distress Sale / Purebred Pitbull For Stud Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.