Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? (6965 Views)

Poll: Should Kerewa have been banned?

Yes: 15% (3 votes)
No: 85% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

New Song Jfo Fire Ft Zule Zoo-fire / Hey! Mike Of The Zule Zoo Mentally Ill / "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by babagana(m): 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2006
Do you think "Kerewa" by Zule Zoo should have been banned?

Seun can we have a vote here?
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by Seun(m): 12:00am On Jan 23, 2006
Tell us more about Kerewa. I have never heard about it. Can you give the Lyrics and a picture of Zule Zoo?
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by layi(m): 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2006
Kerewa just like Femi Kuti's Bang bang deserves to be banned. They contain explicit sexual lyrics that corrupt kids. Music can't be rated 18 so they hav to be banned.
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by vichel(m): 10:48pm On Jan 24, 2006
puleeez there is nothing wrong with that song. Nigerians self
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by ghettochyk(f): 10:54pm On Jan 24, 2006
i saw that video on the internet. it was so funny!! i didn't understand it tho. all i heard was someone pushing somebody.
i don't see why they banned it tho. maybe's cuz i don't get it.... if it was sexually explicit like layi said, i guess they should just put a parental advisory sticker on it, that's what they do here. i don't know if the gov't is responsible for morality. not against it tho, just saying. undecided  lipsrsealed........man i don't know how the nigerian system is.... i guess that's just how they do it here
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by babagana(m): 11:45pm On Jan 24, 2006
over here, they just ban!!!!!! cool
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by ldollier(f): 11:51pm On Jan 24, 2006
i heard that they were banned because they were acting too gayish on their video. i dont know if thats true, but that song(kerewa) is one funny song, and the video is hilarious them boys got moves. thats the only song i have heard from them. i see no reason why they should be banned. can they do that though( i mean ban musicians)
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by babagana(m): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2006
Gay? shocked I've watched their video to the end I have not seen anything gayish, or may be its me, but I haven't!

Besides it was the CD that was banned so how could anyone have seen anything gay on audio. just forget it princess these guys have been cheated and I wonder who will ever compensate them.
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by ldollier(f): 11:06am On Jan 25, 2006
babagana:

Gay? shocked I've watched their video to the end I have not seen anything gayish, or may be its me, but I haven't!

Besides it was the CD that was banned so how could anyone have seen anything gay on audio. just forget it princess these guy have been cheated and I wonder who will ever compensate them.

look i said that i heard, not that i said the statement. gayish as in everything about them is uncivilized in their video. look, thats what i heard. and besides why would someone ban an artist CD, could it be because of what i just said. anywho is ur question am just responding. peace
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by babagana(m): 11:16am On Jan 25, 2006
Hey princess, why are you sounding very edged, i never thot my remark was that harsh, a thousand apologies if U IS hurt, I am just merely debunking the rumour nothing else, .........aight?

U is my coooool Friend now, no fuss, OK?
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by ldollier(f): 11:19am On Jan 25, 2006
babagana:

Hey princess, why are you sounding very edged, i never thot my remark was that harsh, a thousand apologies if U IS hurt, I am just merely debunking the rumour nothing else, .........aight?

U is my coooool Friend now, no fuss, OK?

lol my bad for that, i woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. sorry for sound kinda mean. so you said that their CD was banned. if i may ask why? i mean do you know why
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by babagana(m): 11:31am On Jan 25, 2006
So you woke up on the wrong side of the bed and you found me, right?
Well its nice to know you found someone to pour it all on, its okay I can take it.

I think the reason was that there was some pronouncements of "sex" though not directly. I think thats it.
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by ldollier(f): 7:24pm On Jan 25, 2006
babagana:

So you woke up on the wrong side of the bed and you found me, right?
Well its nice to know you found someone to pour it all on, its okay I can take it.

I think the reason was that there was some pronouncements of "sex" though not directly. I think thats it.

hahahaha. ahh sorry sha. am feeling much better now. oh yea i also heard it had something to do with sex aswell. which is very weird.
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by Ebano(m): 10:55pm On Feb 03, 2006
It is very wrong for the goverment to ban such a nice and entertaining music like kerewa . The best thing the Govt could have done , as it is done here in europe is to request a parental advisory sticker on the CD , or if they feel the lyrics are too explicit request 4 a special radio version with less erotic or explicit words. Here in europe every CD has a controlled radio version a house remix, club remix, instrumental and edited radio  versions. A complete ban on a wonderfull cultural and entertaining music like kerewa shows how primitive and conservative the govt can be . So naija govt big up and let da musik play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by hotangel2(f): 12:30am On Feb 04, 2006
Kerewa by Zule Zoo.

Why in the world would they ban that song? Like hello.. Most of the people i know here are loving it. it was even featured in "BIG DADDIES". That short boy was dancing and singing. Even after banning it.. most kids still sing it. Jobless 'banners'.
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by Ebano(m): 1:50am On Feb 04, 2006
Na wa ohh!! we no understand why the govt so primitively banned zule zoos kerewa a music loved and cherised by millions of people the world over. On the contrary banning kerewa only serves to make it more loved, and popular!!! ZULE ZOO ROCKS!!
KEREWA KEREWA KEREWA KEREWA KEREWA OHHHhhhh!!!!!!!!! angry sad wink cheesy grin
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by hotangel2(f): 4:34am On Feb 04, 2006
jain jain jare.. jain jain jain...
Na who enter for mummy's house ooo.
Daddy ooo daddy, daddy when you go for journey, somebody enter for mummy's house.
E sit down for mummy's bed, person push mummy
mummy push person..
person push mummy, mummy push person.
Dem kon dey do kerewa, hmmm hmm kerewa.

The song is great abeg.. The beat is crazy, and when you watch the video... U wont help but dance like those stupid guys. cheesy cheesy
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by babagana(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2006
Hey!!! hot A, y d'yu have to call them stupid? Thats not so nice.... sad sad sad undecided undecided
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by hotangel2(f): 5:24pm On Feb 06, 2006
Stupid not in a stupid way. Stupid in a nice way.
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by babagana(m): 12:55pm On Feb 07, 2006
Okay, now you got me all worked up,
but how can one be called stupid in nice way?
Doesn't make sense

This is really stupid right? I mean in the real sense of it as in STUPID; Stupid!!!!
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by Christino(m): 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2006
I didn't know it was banned sha, anyway neva seen it, but people love them so why he hell was it banned, HYPOCRITeS!
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by Raymand(m): 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2006
Just another hypocritical view to me. . .that was a great song. . .artists should be alllowed to express themselves, if you don't like it, DON'T but the album, DON'T listen to the songs and DON'T say shit!! you really don't care about no kids, you're just angry some people have the balls to talk publicly about things you whisper to your friends in private. . .should it be banned? HELL NO!
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by tosinadeda: 11:38pm On Nov 08, 2006
If them dey ban dis one

wetin dem one do d'banj and jazzman?
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by Christino(m): 1:41am On Nov 09, 2006
No mind dem jare, Dbanj don turn am to PDP na d Koko, that's the latest advert in town now, so no banning yet.
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by CrazyMan(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2006
I think that music should be banned.
i've listened to the music before, it's so Immoral. i was Flabbergasted when i saw that it was being played on the radio and television.
they are corrupting the children. co's when they begin to hear that kind of song, they'll start singing it not know the meaning.

so i think it should be banned
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by gbadex1(m): 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2006
Corrupting my black african ass!! Before kerewa and all that sh.t, there were other sexual themes prevalent in the soceity. It's all hypocrisy! Have you heard the song properly? Sure, the underlying theme is sex, but what did it say concerning that same sex?! Was it not about a woman cheating on her husband? You see, the problem with these sons of Bs in the government is that they want to remove the speck of dust in a brother's eye, meanwhile they've got like a log of wood in theirs!
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by tosinadeda: 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2006
@crazykid

the song bad reach
shake sumtin by jazzman?

Or

tongolo by d'banj?
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:52pm On Dec 10, 2006
its very funny grin,but yet it contains explicit contents,don't know undecided
Re: Should "Kerewa" By Zule Zoo Have Been Banned? by oonoge(m): 6:15pm On Jun 02, 2007
I'm an artist, and i think the government lacks the sense of reality, this guys are preaching against adultery, and i don't see anything wrong in that, other than them doing the right thing, maybe the song exposes people in the government cheating on their wives and husbands with either their their employees or co-workers, there is nothing guyish about the song, even the video is just a regular African dance steps, they weren't butt naked, and their lyrics are explicit. So the government better check themselves, because i believe the song hit them hard. I'm  shocked, embarassed and angry at the system.

(1) (Reply)

Download Instrumental: Pheelz, Olamide, Naira Marley – Gobe / Banky Wellington - Wonderful Singer / k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.