Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists (2676 Views)

FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick / Buhari Attends Passing-Out Parade Of NDA Cadets In Kaduna (Pictures) / Iran: Shi’ites, Others Protest In FCT, Burn US Flag, Block Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by CapitalHYC(m): 3:22pm On Jan 03, 2020
Nigerians online have expressed outrage over a trending video showing cadets of the Nigerian Defence Academy blocking major highways in several parts of the country and insulting motorists in what appears to be a show of force .
The act , which is a tradition known as Plumming 101 , is usually perpetrated by cadets during the Christmas or New Year holiday .
In a recent amateur video which was posted on Twitter by ‘The Herald ’ , about five cadets clad in military camouflage are seen causing a gridlock on a portion of an unidentified expressway .
One of the cadets is seen dancing ‘ Zanku’ on the road while some agitated motorists are made to park their cars at the centre of the road and watch helplessly .
Another cadet is heard saying to motorists , “ They cannot do anything. Their father! They cannot do anything. They can only wait … where is she, where is she? Something , something , something like that . Mu je ( let ’s go ) . Who is that bastard honking , are you a bastard ? Your father !” he said.
In a second video posted by the Herald , cadets are seen shutting down Leventis Roundabout in Kaduna State , causing a gridlock .
The insolent act was met with criticisms from a large section of Nigerians on several social media platforms .
A Twitter user , @Fieldaffidavit , said the government ’s disregard for the rule of law had emboldened the cadets to abuse the rights of Nigerians .
He tweeted , “ It started with disobeying court orders and nothing happened . Hence, there ’s nothing wrong with blocking road. After all , ‘they cannot do anything’ . Absolute power corrupts absolutely !”
Another user , @WaleAkinro , said the unruly behaviour of the cadets showed that the NDA as an institution lacked values.
“ This is what happens when the academy itself doesn ’ t have values, ” he said.
“ I hope the Nigerian Army calls these guys in for serious disciplinary action . Our soldiers are well trained officers not some recalcitrant kids showing power on the highway by constituting a nuisance . The cadets of today will become officers tomorrow ,” @kennygee _ 70 tweeted .
Yinka Ogunnubi asked the military to identify and expel the cadets because they could become worse when they become commissioned officers.
“ What do you think these ones will do when they become full commissioned soldiers of the Nigerian Army ? God help us. I hope they get punished . Nah ! I actually hope they get flushed out ,” he tweeted .
When contacted on the telephone , the Spokesman for the NDA , Major Abubakar Abdullahi , said he would respond later .
“ Please give me some time to respond ,” he said .
When The PUNCH contacted him five hours later , he did not respond to phone calls .
The PUNCH reports that the insolent act perpetrated by the cadets takes place yearly.
The PUNCH had reported how in December 2018 , some first year cadets of the NDA threw caution to the wind last week , blocking off a section of the Mararaba / Keffi expressway and holding motorists to ransom .
One of the cadets was seen in the video calling the civilians ‘ bastards’ , and asking them to surrender to his authority .
Not done, the young men said to be between the ages of 16 and 20 stormed a birthday party uninvited .
When the host accosted them , they asked him to hold his ears and jump in a squatting position repeatedly , a punishment colloquially known as ‘ frog jump ’

https://punchng.com/nigerians-kick-as-nda-cadets-block-highway-insult-motorists/?fbclid=IwAR1CKg1Zf4uf6iIJuBknp7NsQqvQVrgglXbohhh-g-I-EiLBswZinxPQYmI

Cc : Lalasticlala

Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by Righteousness89(m): 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
Indiscipline and Recklessness of the Highest order..

It is Highly Shameful!

This is not the Nigerian Military I Was born in and Grew in..
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by emkz: 3:43pm On Jan 03, 2020
So they could not be rounded up and beaten?

Nigerians are quite pusillanimous and docile, and that is why we can be taken for a ride by small errant military boys. The military high command did not authorise the blockade and we as citizens have the right to dismantle the illegal blockade. If they fire and kill anyone, the military command would dismiss them and have them tried by the civil authorities. Nigerians being afraid of a soldier is beyond me. Moreso a soldier who abuses his uniform?

Nigerians, let us wake up and challenge those who have been charged to protect us but decide to abuse us. If we are afraid to die, when would all these end? I once challenged a police man who wanted to arrest me by demanding a warrant. He didn't have one and I ordered him to go and call his DPO. He was shocked. Sometimes, speak with confidence and challenge them. As they don't know if you are a lawyer or someone with high connections, they'd thread with caution because they are also afraid.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by clarocuzioo(m): 3:45pm On Jan 03, 2020
No be Buhari regime again, should we be surprised. Total disregard for rule of law started from the top, down to the cadets.
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by celeiyke: 4:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
No need to even round them up, just run over anyone standing b4 u.bunch of idiots
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by Subzero047: 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
[s]
emkz:

Nigerians are quite pusillanimous and docile, and that is why we can be taken for a ride by small errant military boys. The military high command did not authorise the blockade and we as citizens have the right to dismantle the illegal blockade. If they fire and kill anyone, the military command would dismiss them and have them tried by the civil authorities. Nigerians being afraid of a soldier is beyond me. Moreso a soldier who abuses his uniform?

Nigerians, let us wake up and challenge those who have been charged to protect us but decide to abuse us. If we are afraid to die, when would all these end? I once challenged a police man who wanted to arrest me by demanding a warrant. He didn't have one and I ordered him to go and call his DPO. He was shocked. Sometimes, speak with confidence and challenge them. As they don't know if you are a lawyer or someone with high connections, they'd thread with caution because they are also afraid.
[/s]

How do you fight people with guns?
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by orisa37: 4:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
Are they Sick? That's what Elsaksaky is being punished for. He barricaded himself and his group against free passage to Emir of Zaria, Kaduna people, The Governor of Kaduna and The COAS and his Group on a Mission. That was Lawlessness and a Foreign Invasion per Foolishness Stupidity and Ignorance.
If the NDA Boys do not want to be accused of plotting a Coup, they should clear out of the Road immediately. Silly boys. Is that the Training we are giving them?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by ItooWorWor(m): 4:54pm On Jan 03, 2020
They can only try this shit in the north, if na for south ehh expecially lagos or warri guz for don arriange dem naw naw
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by babasolution: 5:29pm On Jan 03, 2020
ItooWorWor:
They can only try this shit in the north, if na for south ehh expecially lagos or warri guz for don arriange dem naw naw

they actually did it in lagos,watch the video,its lagos

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by babasolution: 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2020
emkz:

i swear nigerians too dey fear,no courage at all,defeated mentality,how i wish those boys were killed on the spot,it will end that rubbish forever.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by ItooWorWor(m): 5:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
babasolution:

they actually did it in lagos,watch the video,its lagos
Where in lagos
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by sparog(m): 5:55pm On Jan 03, 2020
Nigerians are undergoing mental slavery
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by helinues: 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
Kick on social media... grin
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by babasolution: 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2020
ItooWorWor:

Where in lagos

cant you visualize the environment,those yellow buses
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by ItooWorWor(m): 6:12pm On Jan 03, 2020
babasolution:

cant you visualize the environment,those yellow buses
Oga last time I checked there is no millitary school in lagos, so na from where those young cadet come from.
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by Jayrockk: 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
Make pesin enter my area if I no pack boys change am fr pesin pikin angry
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by babasolution: 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
[quote author=ItooWorWor post=85472461]
Oga last time I checked there is no millitary school in lagos, so na from where those young cadet come from.[/quote

they were on bring,they can decide to travel anywere
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by TUANKU(m): 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2020
ItooWorWor:
They will do it in Lagos and nothing will happen oga. Army and Navy personnel are known for brutality against civilians and yet how many times have the public acted?
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by ItooWorWor(m): 10:08pm On Jan 03, 2020
TUANKU:

They will do it in Lagos and nothing will happen oga. Army and Navy personnel are known for brutality against civilians and yet how many times have the public acted?
Depend on the area omo na if dem tryam for mushin you go no sey madness dey exist, na 2day.
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by TUANKU(m): 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2020
ItooWorWor:

Depend on the area omo na if dem tryam for mushin you go no sey madness dey exist, na 2day.
Nothing go happen oga, soldier different from those hungry cultist for mushin.
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by ItooWorWor(m): 10:18pm On Jan 03, 2020
TUANKU:

Nothing go happen oga, soldier different from those hungry cultist for mushin.
Oga forget for my front dem disfigure soldier nd notin happen, mke dis stupid young cadet go tryam fr dere dose mushin boys go rearriange dier brain.
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by Dedetwo(m): 10:33pm On Jan 03, 2020
This type of behavior can only happen or seen in a jungle. In a civilized society, these cadets will never see the rank of a 2nd lieutenant or its equivalent in the Navy or Air Force.
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by KingAzubuike(f): 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
emkz:

NDA cadets don't even have access to weapons. They only use them to train, they don't take them anywhere. They return them immediately. When I watched that video months ago, I was highly irritated. It shows Nigerians are cowards. How you can allow small cadet kids to be blocking a
major road , throwing insults and everybody dey look beats my imagination. About 3 or 4 abled men or guys ought to have given them a brutal beating. One that will leave them with swollen face and scars and torn khaki.. Their phones seized and they should be allowed to go back to where they came from. I just wished I was caught up in that scenerio.
ItooWorWor
Re: Nigerians Kick As NDA Cadets Block Highway, Insult Motorists by ItooWorWor(m): 5:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
KingAzubuike:

NDA cadets don't even have access to weapons. They only use them to train, they don't take them anywhere. They return them immediately. When I watched that video months ago, I was highly irritated. It shows Nigerians are cowards. How you can allow small cadet kids to be blocking a
major road , throwing insults and everybody dey look beats my imagination. About 3 or 4 abled men or guys ought to have given them a brutal beating. One that will leave them with swollen face and scars and torn khaki.. Their phones seized and they should be allowed to go back to where they came from. I just wished I was caught up in that scenerio.
ItooWorWor
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Ijaw, Efik/ibibio, Deltans Will Never Be Part Of Biafra, It Will Be A Landlocked / Ladies Go Naked After Night Club (nudes) / Pantami: Nowhere For Osinbajo To Hide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.