Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,110 members, 7,842,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Poem - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poem (313 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poem by philipcabonyi: 4:21pm On Jan 03, 2020
AN ODE TO NSUKKA
Come with me, let's go to Orba, Let me take you to Orie market, Where boys define their future in shops, And market women gather like the trees of simbisa Forest, Murdering poverty through buying and selling.
Come with me, let's go to Orba, Let me take you to the paradise of his excellency-- Ugwanyi, who our pains like parasite host in his heart, And he gives us pain reliever in the tablet of development.
Come with me, let's go to Enuguezike, Let me take you to the land fertiled in entertainment, The Lagos of Nsukka, where-- Dreams like trees grow boring fruits in varieties, Where culture grows like elephant grasses, And every tree in its arena heals.
Come with me, let's go to Obollo, Let me take you to Afor market-- A world of its own with manchadise citizens, Obollo who takes the lipstick of development every dawn, from men who sell 'poverty' to buy success, Obollo the onitsha of Nsukka, Where even the foetus is after coins as cat to rat, Obollo the pen of politics, Obollo whose yam festival harbours masquerade on varieties, which you can watch till your eyes lament.
Come with me, lets go to Obukpa, Let me take you to University of Nigeria Nsukka, The land flourished with dreams, The land inhabited by lions and lioness, That paradise you long to find your dream, But failed to be because your jamb-bus, failed in potholes of low score.
Come with me, let's go to Nsukka, Let me take you to the kitchen where you will watch the chemistry in Okpa preparation. Where you will see scientists extracting palm oil in its beauty, Where you will watch palmwine-tappers tap the freshest wine-- Nkwuelu, the one that takes away sorrow.
Come with me, let's go to Nsukka, Let me take you to grace manor Or old Carolina, Will you like to eat Achicha spiced with Ukpaka or okpa over a palp, Will you like to drink palwine, egwo, or umumu? Wait, have you tested ichipe-- a diet that heals malnutrition in minute.
Come with me, let's go to Nsukka, Let me take you to paradise of beauty, Where maidens with excessive beauty inhabit, Those who don't parade their prides in public, Those who see adultery as maggot to responsibility, Here you maybe tempted to marry again.
Come with me, let's go to Nsukka, Let me take you where you'll dance, The dance of the acient--- The Ogene, The Ikorodo, And many more that will make you happily mad.
Come with me, let's go to Nsukka, Come with me, let's go to Nsukka, To behold beauty in its most, And after board Peace' for your safe journey.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Writing Jobs Or You Need A Writer? / Raising A Monster (part 4) / Four Years In College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.