Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York (26982 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State / “I Will Reveal The True Earnings Of A Legislator In June” – Akin Alabi / Dead Man Wins Election To Become A Legislator In United States Of America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by tstx(m): 9:41am On Jan 04, 2020
Nigerian, Beroro Efekoro, has been elected as an Albany County legislator in the state of New York.

He becomes the first Nigerian-born politician to hold office in the county and one of the 10 new people joining the 39-member body.

Eleven years ago, along with his father and siblings, Efekoro relocated from Nigeria to the States. He was pursuing a degree in political science at a University at Albany. In 2014, he became a US citizen.

He reportedly started a nonprofit International Organization for Education to help students in school and when he graduated in 2015, he was selected as a committee person by Carolyn McLaughlin, the then chairwoman of the Albany County Democratic Committee.

In November, the 29-year-old defeated incumbent Albany Democrat Doug Bullock in the general election. He will now represent the 7th legislative district, which encompasses the Beverwyck and Pine Hills neighbourhoods in Albany.

He contested for the Common Council’s 11th ward seat against incumbent Judd Krasher and Democratic challengers Alfredo Balarin and Clifton Dixon in 2017, but was unsuccessful. Currently, Efekoro serves as a deputy ward leader for the 11th ward.

“I’m very excited to jump in and get to work on the first day. I’m also looking to put in some initiatives that would improve education in the neighborhood.

“I’ve been involved in community service for almost all my life. I got elected as my senior class president just one year after I arrived in the U.S. I got involved in the Democratic process even before I became a citizen. I was making calls to Congress and calls to people to support the Affordable Care Act, to go out and vote for President (Barack) Obama,” he said.

He took office on January 1, 2020.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/new-york-county-swears-in-first-nigerian-as-legislator/

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by Dikegodspower(m): 10:17am On Jan 04, 2020
Efekoro.

5 Likes

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by Talk2Data: 11:44am On Jan 04, 2020
Congratulations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by Slawormir: 11:44am On Jan 04, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

That is my nigggar from another mother

One day we will pull the trigger together

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2020
From all of us @[color=#006600][/color] : CONGRATULATIONS Beroro...Correct Guy! wink
Continue to be a good Ambassador.

These are the people that make our nation proud and not the ones that are into different kind of shady and fraudulent lifestyle abroad.

jaszplus12:
Yep! You're absolutely right!
You can say that again Jas man! wink

KingGBsky:
Still looking forward to the day you would make a sensible comment on this forum. It might change your life forever.
Obakoolex:
What's not sensible about his comment above please
You even have the time to reply that tin.
All they craved for is attention.
They are bunch of irritants here.
They are better left alone.
Ignoring them kill them more.
Thanks for replying the boy on our behalf.
Thanks for the heads up.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by chiboy1116: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2020
Maaaaddd oh
Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by onward4life(m): 11:45am On Jan 04, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

That is my nigggar

Sawmill

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by Elove1: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2020
My people abegi wetin Albany County Legislator means??

2 Likes

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by SILVERLINES: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2020
cheesy
Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by SarakiBukola: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2020
grin

Like his awesome name.

I trust Oyinbo to just nickname him ORO or something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by CotenantNIG: 11:46am On Jan 04, 2020
efekoro efebitter

Places in Lagos you can get an apartment for as low as
₦50,000
Number 3 would shock you
https://cotenant.ng/make-%e2%82%a615000-weekly-renting-your-house/
Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by A305: 11:46am On Jan 04, 2020
I like this guy, He not only had a loafty goals but pursued and achieving them. For the record, That 09 corrolla on my page is cheap.

1 Like

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by Farotimi72: 11:46am On Jan 04, 2020
If we can do it outside this country, why then can't we in this our Nigeria?

Give an helping hands to join u there, we are tired of this our country
Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by itsme01: 11:47am On Jan 04, 2020
cool

bottom line he is a nigerian

One Nigeria amaka!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by Jerrygotswagg(m): 11:47am On Jan 04, 2020
I wish whoever is reading this to be very successful this year 2020

1 Like

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by superlanny(m): 11:47am On Jan 04, 2020
Neutral name......we can all claim him, congrats noble son of the soil, more grease to your elbow.

4 Likes

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by Humphrizy(m): 11:47am On Jan 04, 2020
Nice one.....congratulations to him... More wins
Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by HITdemUP: 11:48am On Jan 04, 2020
USA will continue to flourish in all sphere of life. Imagine someone that hasn't spent up to two decades in America thriving successfully in his chosen field all due to an enabling environment and a working system that prioritize capabilities over ethnicity.
God bless America.
Congratulations Sir.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by TroubleMaker47(m): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by Kizzygentle: 11:48am On Jan 04, 2020
Congrats boss. Keep representing. Didn't read though but I sure know d sky is ur starting point.
Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by AkidiAma: 11:48am On Jan 04, 2020
[s]
post=85490717:
Okay
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by LabDNA: 11:49am On Jan 04, 2020
Buhari will wish he can replace the guy with one of his illiterate nephews from Daura.

He won't be happy about the news.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by ofiko123(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2020
Nice one, congratulations to beroro efekoro...
Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by SILVERLINES: 11:50am On Jan 04, 2020
good things like this that speak us good to the world always comes from the east, west or the southern states

our northern people; they are extremely good in the act of terrorism, banditry and tyranny
with their sharia offensive odour

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by KingGBsky(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2020
post=85490717:
From all of us @[b][/b] : CONGRATULATIONS Beroro...Correct Guy! wink

These are the people that make our nation proud and not the ones that are into different kind of shady and fraudulent lifestyle abroad.

Still looking forward to the day you would make a sensible comment on this forum. It might change your life forever.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by emeijeh(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2020
Goodnews from Nigeria.
Great exported product (Beroro) to the Occident

1 Like

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by NiklauseFred(m): 11:50am On Jan 04, 2020
Just love ❤
Nothing but love bro
Happy that you have escaped this "our dear country" to a place where ur skills will be well appreciated.
Much love bro kiss kiss

1 Share

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by AkidiAma: 11:51am On Jan 04, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
bottow line he is a nigeria

One Nigeria amaka!!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by fratermathy(m): 11:51am On Jan 04, 2020
Congrats to Efekoro. This is only the beginning of greater things to come. Kobiruo!

3 Likes

Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by Virgohills(m): 11:52am On Jan 04, 2020
Okay nice
Re: Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 04, 2020
Americans are really trying, here Nigerians can't even vote for other Nigerians based on tribe/religion

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yuletide: Stop Flaunting Your Wealth On Social Media – IGP Warns Nigerians / Tambuwal Hands Over To Ihedioha / James Gbande Kneels And Apologizes To Governor Ortom Over Herdsmen - Benue.Info

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.