Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Best Free Video Editor - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Best Free Video Editor (1519 Views)

8+ Best Free Face Attendance App & Software For Download / Learn To Create Your First Website From Scratch (free Video Tutorials) / I Never Knew Command Prompt (CMD) Is This Simple [watch Free Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Free Video Editor by toluwajosh: 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2020
I have spent some considerable time in the last 3 days looking for a quick, easy-to-use and FREE video editor. These are my findings. I have tested most of the recommended options on the internet;
Filmora,
KdenLive,
Hitfilm Express,
Lightworks,
DaVinci Resolve
InShot (Android)
KineMaster (Android)
FilmoraGo (Android)
PowerDirector (Android), and finally,
Windows' in-built Video Editor

1. Most of the software claim to be free but upsell you on advertisements and special features. Only DaVinci Resolve and Windows Video Editor are free in the true sense.

2. None of the software is truly cross-platform. Only DaVinci Resolve comes close, but currently have issues with importing mp4 clips. KdenLive is a good alternative, and it is open source.

3. I found InShot to be the best, non-intrusive, easy-to-use for the Android platform.

4. On Windows, it might be surprising but the Windows Video Editor is totally sufficient for most use for any newbie who just wants to put together clips to make a simple video. However, with some creativity, it can make something really good. I think Windows is trying to make something close to iMovie on IOS here and I am really impressed. If you want more features, you should surely check out DaVinci Resolve. It is surely a professional-grade software comparable to Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro (even the free version).

5. Apple users have a great advantage as they have in-built software for most creative uses such as this. I have not personally used any Apple product but I know there are iMovie and Garageband for both video and music editing respectively, all free

6. DaVinci Resolve is MY all-around best. It is professional, feature-rich, free, no upselling and still improving. The only cons are; it might be intimidating for total newbies, not available on mobile, it is resource-hungry (what do you expect).

- Joshua Owoyemi
(https://toluwajosh.github.io/)

2 Likes

Re: Best Free Video Editor by modgames: 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
I appreciate what you provide in this post.
thanks for sharing with us such a piece of great information.
I think kinemaster mod apk and filmorago pro apk are the best video editors in 2020.
Re: Best Free Video Editor by toluwajosh: 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2020
Of course, these are moded versions of the original one which is not safe in my opinion. Anyways, they are worthy alternatives.
modgames:
I appreciate what you provide in this post.
thanks for sharing with us such a piece of great information.
I think kinemaster mod apk and filmorago pro apk are the best video editors in 2020.
Re: Best Free Video Editor by jawadbahashwan: 2:11pm On Mar 12, 2020
Kinemaster diamond is the best video editor app for android. Click in the link to download it
Re: Best Free Video Editor by jawadbahashwan: 2:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
Kinemaster diamond is the best video editor app. Click on the link to download it
Re: Best Free Video Editor by ffafl: 10:44am On Jul 12, 2020
jawadbahashwan:
Kinemaster diamond is the best video editor app for android. Click in the link to download it

(1) (Reply)

Lets Copy China In online Hacking & Spying To Develop Our Technology. (Picture) / MATLAB Enthusiasts Come In. / Top Coder Programming Contest For Java Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.