Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,313 members, 7,815,568 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Life In Kano - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life In Kano (3354 Views)

G.R. Boyd-Carpenter: The First Man That Owned A Private Jet In Kano (Photos) / This Is The First Aircraft To Land In Nigeria; In Kano (photo) / Life In Jordan For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 4:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
Please I will be moving to Kano temporarily for work purposes in a few weeks and I will appreciate any tips, resources, advise and encouragement I can get from those who are currently based there. Thank you in advance kiss
Re: Life In Kano by hazandino(m): 6:46pm On Jan 04, 2020
kano is indeed a peaceful place to be, less expensive and dominated by the Muslims, to enjoy kano; u should start learning d hausa language because failure to do dat will hinder u from some certain things over dere..... to enjoy kano try and get apartment around sabogari area wich is more dominated by d non indigences and christains to be precise. .. my advice be free, dress decently and have a lovely stay ova dere ma.....

5 Likes

Re: Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
hazandino:
kano is indeed a peaceful place to be, less expensive and dominated by the Muslims, to enjoy kano; u should start learning d hausa language because failure to do dat will hinder u from some certain things over dere..... to enjoy kano try and get apartment around sabogari area wich is more dominated by d non indigences and christains to be precise. .. my advice be free, dress decently and have a lovely stay ova dere ma.....

Thank you so much for responding. Please can you describe what decent dressing will typically look like?
Re: Life In Kano by hazandino(m): 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
missojugo:

Thank you so much for responding. Please can you describe what decent dressing will typically look like?
not wearing clothes dat expose the most sensitive part of ur body ma..

2 Likes

Re: Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
Bump.
Please Nairalanders. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Life In Kano by WIZGUY69(m): 12:51am On Jan 07, 2020
Congratulations Fine Lady.

Go and buy plenty Burqa. Trust me, you'd need them. Learn how to speak hausa. Respect your host community by not following men up and down. If you like diick, I'm sorry to disappoint you, kano is not the right place. If you go out with any man that's not your family, hisbah police will arrest you, and you'd be flogged in public. You know what? Consider yourself moving to Afghanistan or Pakistan. Best of luck. May you see what you seek. Amin!

1 Like

Re: Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 6:46am On Jan 07, 2020
WIZGUY69:

Go and buy plenty Burqa. Trust me, you'd need them. Learn how to speak hausa. Respect your host community by not following men up and down. If you like diick, I'm sorry to disappoint you, kano is not the right place. If you go out with any man that's not your family, hisbah police will arrest you, and you'd be flogged in public. You know what? Consider yourself moving to Afghanistan or Pakistan. Best of luck. May you see what you seek. Amin!
Re: Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 6:48am On Jan 07, 2020
WIZGUY69:

Thanks for responding. What if my team mates at work are all men? It is well
Re: Life In Kano by ahiboilandgas: 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2020
missojugo:

it all lies ,you woudnt have any problem thier over a 1 million Christians in kano ...choose the more libra part of kano ..badawa layout ,yankaba,nassarawa gra ,sabon gari,new enugu..etc and enjoy your stay....mini skirt.....dress modest...
Re: Life In Kano by Leis: 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
Am a corper serving in kano, kano is a very nice place with very low standard of living, u can heavily save in kano because everything is cheap, there are plenty honest people living in kano as compare to lagos.

trust me, u will enjoy kano!

3 Likes

Re: Life In Kano by spiralwedge(m): 5:39pm On Jan 07, 2020
Don't mind that sylly guy who wasted all his energy just to type rubbish, he hasn't even been there before. Just the usual bigotry.
I was in Kano on vacation last year. Of course, they are different because they have their culture just like everywhere else. But there are places you can live and work that are just like Lagos, PH or Ibadan.
I like the contrast. The level of enjoyment I experienced there passed all the ones I'd ever had here in Lagos .
Churches are plenty and fun. Transport fares are cheap. The hotel I stayed too, so I'm sure accommodation are cheaper.

2 Likes

Re: Life In Kano by Asquare84(m): 8:25pm On Jan 07, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
it all lies ,you woudnt have any problem thier over a 1 million Christians in kano ...choose the more libra part of kano ..badawa layout ,yankaba,nassarawa gra ,sabon gari,new enugu..etc and enjoy your stay....mini skirt.....dress modest...

When I did my NYSC I was staying in badawa layout, very nice place
Re: Life In Kano by WIZGUY69(m): 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2020
missojugo:

Let your relationship revolves round work. Don't take it out to public places, especially their underdeveloped places. You know what i mean.. Don't be surprised that they have strip clubs in that state too. wink
You can find those type of establishments in their very developed areas like GRA etc.
I was with a lady some years back in Katsina state.. She wore short Jean (forgotten the name) while we were strolling, the kind of stares she got from the locals was dangerous.
Think Pakistan, Iran or Afghanistan.

1 Like

Re: Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 11:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
WIZGUY69:

Let your relationship revolves round work. Don't take it out to public places, especially their underdeveloped places. You know what i mean.. Don't be surprised that they have strip clubs in that state too. wink
You can find those type of establishments in their very developed areas like GRA etc.
I was with a lady some years back in Katsina state.. She wore short Jean (forgotten the name) while we were strolling, the kind of stares she got from the locals was dangerous.
Think Pakistan, Iran or Afghanistan.

Thanks
Re: Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 11:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Thanks. You mean no mini skirts right?
Re: Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
Leis:
Am a corper serving in kano, kano is a very nice place with very low standard of living, u can heavily save in kano because everything is cheap, there are plenty honest people living in kano as compare to lagos.

Awesome! I am encouraged, thank you
Re: Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2020
spiralwedge:
Don't mind that sylly guy who wasted all his energy just to type rubbish, he hasn't even been there before. Just the usual bigotry.
I was in Kano on vacation last year. Of course, they are different because they have their culture just like everywhere else. But there are places you can live and work that are just like Lagos, PH or Ibadan.
I like the contrast. The level of enjoyment I experienced there passed all the ones I'd ever had here in Lagos .
Churches are plenty and fun. Transport fares are cheap. The hotel I stayed too, so I'm sure accommodation are cheaper.

Sounds quite nice. Thanks for responding.
Re: Life In Kano by ahiboilandgas: 8:11am On Jan 09, 2020
missojugo:

Thanks. You mean no mini skirts right?
yes na but u can wear you thing in night clubs ....kano people no get your time na trade and commerce ..na the ancient city na him no dey libra like Lagos island (eko ).....if u want quality life no stress ,no pollution,no traffice and veeery affordable...kano is for u

2 Likes

Re: Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 4:49pm On Jan 10, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
yes na but u can wear you thing in night clubs ....kano people no get your time na trade and commerce ..na the ancient city na him no dey libra like Lagos island (eko ).....if u want quality life no stress ,no pollution,no traffice and veeery affordable...kano is for u

Sounds Great!
Re: Life In Kano by chuklesley02(m): 1:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
U could hit mi up to show u way around valchuks02@gmail.com
Re: Life In Kano by ahiboilandgas: 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
chuklesley02:
U could hit mi up to show u way around valchuks02@gmail.com
why did she tell u she loss....looking for prey
Re: Life In Kano by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:

Did you just say no traffic? Eheheh. I reserve my comment. I live in kano btw.
Re: Life In Kano by ahiboilandgas: 2:25pm On Jan 12, 2020
NewBea:

Did you just say no traffic? Eheheh. I reserve my comment. I live in kano btw.
which traffic keke own
Re: Life In Kano by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
which traffic keke own
All vehicles. But mostly the keke
Re: Life In Kano by ahiboilandgas: 4:19pm On Jan 12, 2020
NewBea:

All vehicles. But mostly the keke
that not... traffic 5 minutes road done clear even for france road ...8 am u fi fire cars for 100km per hour....come lagos make u understand
Re: Life In Kano by missojugo(f): 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
that not... traffic 5 minutes road done clear even for france road ...8 am u fi fire cars for 100km per hour....come lagos make u understand

5 mins traffic? Sounds unbelievable! Lagos traffic will not be missed by yours truely!
Re: Life In Kano by Marimart: 7:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
Leis:

Hello brother,how is life in Kano at the moment and what is your advice for someone coming over there in search of job and greener pastures?
Re: Life In Kano by Marimart: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2022
Asquare84:

When I did my NYSC I was staying in badawa layout, very nice place
Pls how much can one get a selfcontain in badawa layout?
Re: Life In Kano by Limassol(m): 10:17pm On Feb 17, 2022
Marimart:

Hello brother,how is life in Kano at the moment and what is your advice for someone coming over there in search of job and greener pastures?
bro did you finally moved to kano? please share your experience.
Re: Life In Kano by Marimart: 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2022
Limassol:
bro did you finally moved to kano? please share your experience.
Not yet o

(1) (Reply)

List Of Available Bsc And Masters Courses For Spring 2010 In Sweden / Help Needed On Cheap Airline Ticket From 9ja To Usa, My Visa Is Out! / English Language Test Available In Nigeria For Uk Settlement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.