Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution (2943 Views)

Senate Says It Is Ready To Amend Nigerian Constitution To Okay State Police / Re: Atiku Abubakar Not Qualified For Presidency. Nigerian Constitution Speaks... / BREAKING: Justice Okon Abang Totally Disregards The Nigerian Constitution. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Kingspin(m): 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
INTRODUCTION:

Nigeria is a multi-religious state that primarily recognises Islam, Christianity, Atheist, traditional and others.
The Nigerian constitution guarantees every citizen’s fundamental
the human right to religion, belief and practice. Whilst it states that “The Government of the Federation or of a state shall not adopt any religion as State Religion”,
it does not prevent the Federal government or any state government from associating or identifying with any religion as long as this stops short of an “adoption”.

However, some states in Nigeria have moved from identification with a particular religion to Adaptation. Thereby bridging the constitution and fundamental freedom of association/religion.

“In the 1999 Constitution, Shariah was mentioned 73 times, Grand Khadi 54 times, Islam 28 times , Muslims 10 times and there is no single mention of Christ, Christian, Christianity or church. Some mischievous elements are taking these lapses in the constitution to come to the ungodly decision that probably that the state is an Islamic state.

It will make more sense to totally remove any religious body from the Nigerian constitution.

This topic is a copy for those wanting to use religion to divide Nigeria

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by PDJT: 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
-Good luck with that.
Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by NGpatriot: 5:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
There's more to life than obsessing over religion.

Leave religion alone and find something better to do with your life.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Ojukwucriminal: 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
Mr Man are you dumb? Does Nairaland looks like the court or NASS where u should be making your appeals??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Kingspin(m): 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ojukwucriminal:
Mr Man are you dumb? Does Nairaland looks like the court or NASS where u should be making your appeals??
Go and ask Boko haram and their followers. This is a copy for those you bent on using religion to divide Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Ojukwucriminal: 5:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kingspin:
Go and ask Boko haram and their followers

How does this even makes sense to you?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Ofemmanu1: 5:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
Oga, better work on yourself to be better than those folks nodding the floor.
In my area, I dominate them.

10 Likes

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Afamed: 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kingspin:
INTRODUCTION:

Nigeria is a multi-religious state that primarily recognises Islam, Christianity, Atheist, traditional and others.
the human right to religion, belief and practice. Whilst it states that, “The Government of the Federation or of a state shall not adopt any religion as State Religion”,
it does not prevent the Federal government or any state government from associating or identifying with any religion as long as this stops short of an “adoption”.

However, some states in Nigeria have moved from identification with a particular religion to Adaptation. Thereby bridging the constitution and fundamental freedom of association/religion.

“In the 1999 Constitution, Shariah was mentioned 73 times, Grand Khadi 54 times, Islam 28 times , Muslims 10 times and there is no single mention of Christ, Christian, Christianity or church. Some mischievous elements are taking these lapses in the constitution to come to the ungodly decision that probably that the state is an Islamic state.

It will make more sense to totally remove any religious body from the Nigerian constitution.
Not only Islamic law, you will also need to remove the English law from our Constitution to balance the equition. Pathetic children

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Ojukwucriminal: 5:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ofemmanu1:
Oga, better work on yourself to be better than those folks nodding the floor.

In my area, I dominate them.

And what could that area be pls? Onitsha motor park?? Only agberos in your state would dominate the states Union of Road transport na. Haba!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Ofemmanu1: 5:37pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ojukwucriminal:

And what could that area be pls? Onitsha motor park?? Only agberos in your state would dominate the states Union of Road transport na. Haba!!!
You must be a prophet o.
For Onitsha park 1 to 3, all the Agbero and Union workers, I dominate them all.

no virgin seeker in our midst.
when they see me, they run
i-slam means backwardness, i slammed them to the floor.

2 Likes

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Ojukwucriminal: 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

You must be a prophet o.
For Onitsha park 1 to 3, all the Agbero and Union workers, I dominate them all.

no virgin seeker in our midst.
when they see me, they run
i-slam means backwardness, i slammed them to the floor.

Yes... Headslammers are dragging onitsha Motor park twith you because it's the most progressive Christian area in the whole country. Christianity and progressiveness
Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by helinues: 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Religion bigots everywhere
Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Spicycat(f): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kingspin:
INTRODUCTION:

the human right to religion, belief and practice. Whilst it states that, “The Government of the Federation or of a state shall not adopt any religion as State Religion”,

You are a religious bigot and a hypocrite, as an unbeliever hell is already your final abode, your hate for Islam will eventually consume you when the wrath of God Almighty descend on you hateful soul repent before it is too late.

Also call for removal of Christian indoctrination in Nigeria calendar and the removal of all Christian tradition from Nigerian public and civil service.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Kingspin(m): 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Spicycat:

You are a religious bigot and a hypocrite, as an unbeliever hell is already your final abode, your hate for Islam will eventually consume you when the wrath of God Almighty descend on you hateful soul repent before it is too late.

Also call for removal of Christian indoctrination in Nigeria calendar and the removal of all Christian tradition from Nigerian public and civil service.
The thing pain you.

MuRic call and yours should be let all man go his way in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by FlordFlorez(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
It only takes sane persons to know that the OP is making sense but, nothing can be done actually because they own Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Spicycat(f): 7:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kingspin:
The thing pain you.

MuRic call and yours should be let all man go his way in Nigeria

Pain me how, your reasoning is too shallow. Go and alter the Nigerian constitution to suit your narrative is a free world after all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Afamed: 7:17pm On Jan 04, 2020
FlordFlorez:
It only takes sane persons to know that the OP is making sense but, nothing can be done actually because they own Nigeria.
The OP is really making sense but we do not have only Islamic law in the Nigeria constitution. We also have English law is Nigeria constitution. So therefore, we will both need to remove the two to balance the equition
Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by tartar9(m): 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
Shariah and whatsoever you're complaining about existed way before any 1999 constitution.It wouldn't have been possible writing the constitution without addressing such issues.Moreover,their mentioning in that constitution actually limits it's powers and yet you're complaining.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by mauriceju2(m): 7:26pm On Jan 04, 2020
Islam means backwardness and destruction
Islam means DEATH
Stay away from it or else you, your house hold and your environment will be destroy forever
Ask those who practice it in northern Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
Islam is a cancer. It will destroy Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Standing5(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
NGpatriot:
There's more to life than obsessing over religion.

Leave religion alone and find something better to do with your life.
I tried leaving religion alone but it keeps encroaching on my right to belief and association.
Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Kingspin(m): 7:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
Spicycat:

Pain me how, your reasoning is too shallow. Go and alter the Nigerian constitution to suit your narrative is a free world after all.
I can never be a shallow mind. Bt Is better to be shallow than kill others.

This topic is meant for those who want to use only religion to divide Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Theenchanter2: 7:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
FlordFlorez:
own Nigeria, how?
Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by FlordFlorez(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
Theenchanter2:
own Nigeria, how?
1. They have ruled this country (both military & civilian) more than any other region.
2. They head 99% of all government agencies. The list continues.

1 Like

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Theenchanter2: 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
FlordFlorez:
1. They have ruled this country (both military & civilian) more than any other region.
2. They head 99% of all government agencies. The list continues.
for a start..... who are the "they"?

Cos i don't know of any govt agency that is 99% headed by somebody or some people.
Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
I support the op a 100%

3 Likes

Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Dikegodspower(m): 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Muslims and violence,terrorism is like 5and 6....nawa o Biafra is d answer
Re: Call To Remove Islam From The Nigerian Constitution by Afamed: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ardar:
I support the op a 100%
You couldn't have said otherwise. Biafran are propagandists

(1) (2) (Reply)

We May Not Have Been Taking IPOB Serious But Killing Igbos Unacceptable / Buhari Should Declare State Of Emergency In Lagos Now / Pictures Of President Buhari's Meeting With Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.