Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,516 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Buried Alive For 27 Days, This Man Depended On Sewage Water To Survive The 2010 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Buried Alive For 27 Days, This Man Depended On Sewage Water To Survive The 2010 (349 Views)

How To Survive The Current Hot Weather In Nigeria / Brazilian Baby Thought To Have Died Survives After Being Buried Alive For 8 Hour / Indian Woman Suffocates After Being Buried Alive In Cow Dung For Snake Bite(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buried Alive For 27 Days, This Man Depended On Sewage Water To Survive The 2010 by NNFORUM(m): 6:14pm On Jan 04, 2020
The human body can endure many tough conditions over a period before various organs shut down.

And for Evans Monsignac, who was buried alive for 27 days after the January 12, 2010 Haiti earthquake, it was sewage water he depended on to sustain himself.

Monsignac sipped sewage that oozed underneath the rubble of the marketplace where he was buried, a place where sanitation was lacking even before the earthquake.

When he was rescued, he weighed just 40 kilogrammes , having shed 27 kilogrammes during his ordeal.

The 2010 earthquake which struck the Caribbean nation of Haiti claimed the lives of 230,000 people.

Local merchant, Monsignac’s ordeal began when the earthquake caused a building to collapse on his stall in Port au Prince trapping him. He was selling rice.

Everyone reckoned Monsignac had died in the earthquake including his family, but he was found alive by rescue workers, 27 days later on February 8 earning the title longest-ever earthquake survivor.

He was transferred to Tampa General Hospital in Florida suffering hallucinations.
Monsignac, 27, a father of two had survived without food or drinkable water and had gotten severely malnourished, dehydrated, deeply traumatised and with festering wounds.

“I still don’t understand how I’m here. I was resigned to death. But God gave me life. The fact that I’m alive today isn’t because of me, it’s because of the grace of God. It’s a miracle, I can’t explain it,” according to the last person found alive under the debris.
Even before the earthquake struck, injuring 300,000 and rendering one million homeless, life had been a struggle for Monsignac.

SOURCE: https://nnf.com.ng/p/buried-alive-for-27-days-this-man-depended-on-sewage-water-to-survive-the-2010-haiti-earthquake/201

Re: Buried Alive For 27 Days, This Man Depended On Sewage Water To Survive The 2010 by johnkey: 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Inside life
Re: Buried Alive For 27 Days, This Man Depended On Sewage Water To Survive The 2010 by chuksville(m): 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
Wow God's Awesome!!!

(1) (Reply)

8 Best Times To Drink Water To Stay Healthy / Infections Pack / Everything you need to know about Fine Test Glucometer in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.