Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! (1134 Views)

Israel Air Strikes Kill 42 Palestinians, Rockets Fired From Gaza / Rockets Fired From Lebanon Land Off Israeli Coast, Raising Fears / US Airbase In Iraq Hit By Rockets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 04, 2020
IRAQI AIR BASE HOUSING US TROOPS COMES UNDER ROCKET FIRE NORTH OF BAGHDAD

Iraqi air base housing US troops comes under rocket fire north of Baghdad

Iraq's Balad Air Base, which hosts a number of US forces and contractors, has been the subject of a rocket attack. At least three unguided projectiles have exploded inside the facility, reportedly causing no casualties.
The base, located some 60km (40 miles) to the north of Baghdad, came under attack late on Saturday, Reuters reported citing security sources. Two unguided rockets hit the premises of the compound, but caused no casualties among the personnel. It was not immediately clear whether they inflicted any material damage.

The incident hit the headlines shortly after two explosions hit the Green Zone – the heavily fortified quarter of the Iraqi capital that houses foreign missions and government buildings. One rocket reportedly hit in the vicinity of the US embassy, reportedly damaging a road.

https://www.rt.com/news/477479-iraqi-air-base-us-rocket-fire/

Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Blue3k(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04, 2020
I thought they would have waited on Iraqi parliament to kick forces out country before conductimg strikes. If they did that the America wouldn't have legitimacy since they're uninvited. Trump is acting foolishly antagonizing Iran. It doesn't serve US interest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by budaatum: 6:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by healthserve(m): 6:56pm On Jan 04, 2020
Blue3k:
I thought they would have waited on Iraqi parliament to kick forces out country before conductimg strikes. If they did that the America wouldn't have legitimacy since they're uninvited. Trump is acting foolishly antagonizing Iran. It doesn't serve US interest.

Mohammedite you could have all thought about your actions when executing your rogue actions
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Omotaday(m): 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2020
Iraq is the battle ground. If they have sense, they should kick US force out of their country.
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by voltron14: 7:01pm On Jan 04, 2020
healthserve:

Mohammedite you could have all thought about your actions when executing your rogue actions

Every opposing view is a Muslim to you primitive beings.

The irony is how neither Israel nor USA would ever grant your type a visa.
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 04, 2020
healthserve:

this is uncalled for
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by healthserve(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
voltron14:

Indeed when Iran was destroying ships drones sponsoring innocent killings destroying properties and lives you couldn't see then. You'll all have what you called for. Mind you top 12 aircraft and submarine war machines are produced by Nato countries. Please make more noise when you're done, reality will continue to stare you in the face. Iran is a curse and a cancer to the entire world.

The axials are now retitled to " an eye for an eye", but here, every lifting of finger shall be regarded as an invitation for more beating. For the first time since World War 2 our allies in Japan are entering the global field by sending their armies to the Mediterranean so. You're in for it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Blue3k(m): 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
healthserve:

Lol your comment is dumb. Come back when you have a decent rebuttal.

1 Like

Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by healthserve(m): 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
beckNcall:

this is uncalled for

It is what it is. All is fair in war. The comment was provocative, inciting, hypocritical as the aggressor is been skewed to appear as the victim which is false reality. Let them escalate it. Even if it gets here we're also ready for the matchdown
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by healthserve(m): 7:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
Blue3k:

Lol your comment is dumb. Come back when you have a decent rebuttal.

Like I don't know you or your antecedents are anything new. Ote. Y'all think it's Obama that fake thing that's on seat abi. Reality just dawned on all your sorry arses. Next will be shocking. Loaded and ready cheesy
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by rottennaija(m): 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
They need to hit the US deep and hard.

2 Likes

Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by healthserve(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
rottennaija:

Yes using your keyboard as a weapon right
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
Omotaday:
Iraq is the battle ground. If they have sense, they should kick US force out of their country.
funny guy have they kicked out Iran out of their country
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Blue3k:
u don't know the US very well I guess
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
Iran should keep shut and start their ww3

When us killed Saddam Hussein nothing happened

When us killed Gaddafi nothing happened

who is a general ??
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
healthserve:

Like I don't know you or your antecedents are anything new. Ote. Y'all think it's Obama that fake thing that's on seat abi. Reality just dawned on all your sorry arses. Next will be shocking. Loaded and ready cheesy

some of you still blame Bush for the fake Iraqi war and Obama for the Libya debacle, why now that trump is different,he has given no concrete reason so far on why he did it, or is it about the 2020 reelection? I think he once accused Obama of doing just that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by healthserve(m): 7:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
beckNcall:

some of you still blame Bush for the fake Iraqi war and Obama for the Libya debacle, why now that trump is different,he has given no concrete reason so far on why he did it, or is it about the 2020 reelection? I think he once accused Obama of doing just that

The Iraq war and all the others isn't what has been happening in recent times. Rather than depict ancient issues that are osliative of recent events you can do the needful by painting the scenario has it has played out in the past few months from Syria to fallujah to Saudi Arabia to Yemen Iran has been spreading cancer across the world. Iran needs to be dealt with as the rogue confrontation can't be ignored forever. Notice the silence from Russia, Turkey and China. Iran is a nuisance and needs to be tackled accordingly. Or did the US just woke up and suddenly decided it needed to make a kill and them initiate an unprovoked and warranted attack?
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
beckNcall post=85502250[img:
[/img]]

but the United States has been planning to kill him before trump became the President
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by leofab(f): 7:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
USA is power intoxicated... Germany was once in their position..
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by healthserve(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
leofab:
USA is power intoxicated... Germany was once in their position..

Delusions. Talk what's in front of you. Did US just woke up to stage an unprovoked fight? I'm sure you know the answer to that. If that were the case we know what would have happened in Venezuela Yemen Syria. Simpletons will never be able to see the complexities in issues and agree on what the truth is about. This is about ending a war not starting one
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Blue3k(m): 8:20pm On Jan 04, 2020
voltron14:

The clown really believes the Iraqi are just mad for no reason. I guess those American airstrikes didnt play a role in anything. There's no proof the general backed that protest either. It is known he was well liked by Iraqi's for combating ISIS.

Ikio:
u don't know the US very well I guess

Your guess is wrong. I didnt claim they would leave. Fact is America wont be dumb enough to engage in full scste war with Iran. They aren't retarded. They just do more strikes and sanctions. Both countries can play that game.

2 Likes

Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by poshestmina(f): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
healthserve:

Yes using your keyboard as a weapon right

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by healthserve(m): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2020
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 04, 2020
Blue3k:

The clown really believes the Iraqi are just mad for no reason. I guess those American airstrikes didnt play a role in anything. There's no proof the general backed that protest either. It is known he was well liked by Iraqi's for combating ISIS.

Your guess is wrong. I didnt claim they would leave. Fact is America wont be dumb enough to engage in full scste war with Iran. They aren't retarded. They just do more strikes and sanctions. Both countries can play that game.
America always wants war..... Be it Russia, china or North Korea...... Iran is playing with fire
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Blue3k(m): 8:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
rottennaija:

The Iranian say they 35 targets. They also have option to attack northern Saudi oil field. Their nuclear option is closing the Strait of Hormuz. The good thing is neither side really wants a full scale war. Iran would lose but America would suffer lose thousands of troops.

Ikio:
America always wants war..... Be it Russia, china or North Korea...... Iran is playing with fire

They could invade anytime they please but they haven't because it dumb. For example they wont go to war with north korea because they could wipe out Seoul. I agree Iran are hotheads playing with fire.

1 Like

Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by OBAGADAFFI: 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2020
Blue3k:

The Iranian say they 35 targets. They also have option to attack northern Saudi oil field. Their nuclear option is closing the Strait of Hormuz. The good thing is neither side really wants a full scale war. Iran would lose but America would suffer lose thousands of troops.

Lol, how will US suffer lose of troops?

US won't put Boots on ground, the Allies will fight Iran to standstill

Iran want to attack Israel and Saudi as retaliation for US actions.

Iran will loose big
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Blue3k(m): 8:43pm On Jan 04, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Lol, how will US suffer lose of troops?

US won't put Boots on ground, the Allies will fight Iran to standstill

Iran want to attack Israel and Saudi as retaliation for US actions.

Iran will loose big

Iran air defense has good air defenses. I believe they have russian S300 system. Iran is not a weak state so the USA wont win from the air. The US doesn't have allies in region that bare willing fight Iran. Iraq did it the eights and accomplished nothing. Russia is willing to back Iran just like did Syria. China will probably do the same.

1 Like

Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by OBAGADAFFI: 8:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
Blue3k:

Iran air defense has good air defenses. I believe they have russian S300 system. Iran is not a weak state so the USA wont win from the air. The US doesn't have allies in region that bare willing fight Iran. Iraq did it the eights and accomplished nothing. Russia is willing to back Iran just like did Syria. China will probably do the same.

Lol, Iran Air defense that could not protect their Generals.

The weapons has Saudi and Israel will finish Iran.

What is remaining of Syria, the Turkeys are already dealing with them.

Russia and China wont attempt to fight US go check history.
Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by Blue3k(m): 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Lol, Iran Air defense that could not protect their Generals.

The weapons has Saudi and Israel will finish Iran.

What is remaining of Syria, the Turkeys are already dealing with them.

Russia and China wont attempt to fight US go check history.

You're comments are getting dumb. The general was killed in iraq not iran. Iran took out us drone last year. Saudi oil fields were also bomb last year. Saudi Arabia cant even win its war in Yemen. I said they would back their ally like they did in Syria. Lol you need history lesson.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rockets Fired at US Airbase in Iraq! by OBAGADAFFI: 9:11pm On Jan 04, 2020
Blue3k:

You're comments are getting dumb .The general was killed in iraq not iran. Iran took out us drone last year. Saudi oil fields were also bomb last year. Saudi Arabia cant even win its war in Yemen. I said they would back their ally like they did in Syria. Lol you need history lesson.

This is the reason i avoid kid online, you can comment without insults.

OK let your Iran go attack Israel and Saudi lets see the results.

Bye

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dear American. . . / Donald Trumps Ban VS What Muslim Countries Have Been Doing Forever. / Donald Trump Speaks At UN General Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.