Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University (10655 Views)

Maduka University Enugu Announces School Fees Structure / Introducing Samuel Maduka University: A Pioneering Entrepreneurial Institution / Maduka University Ekwegbe, Enugu State In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by OEPHIUS(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
...Says education remains one of the cardinal policies of his administration

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State, on Saturday, performed the foundation laying ceremony of Samuel Maduka University, Agu-Ekwegbe in Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of the State founded by the proprietor of Peace Mass Transit company, Dr. Samuel Maduka Onyishi.

Performing the event amid jubilation, Gov. Ugwuanyi expressed delight at the driving spirit of Dr. Onyishi in envisioning a University that is entrepreneurial in content, describing it as another milestone achievement.

The governor, who congratulated the founder of the University for his courage and vision in establishing the institution, reiterated the premium his administration places on education as one of its cardinal policies.

He stressed that this "is why in almost five years, education has taken the second position, only after Works and Infrastructure, in the state capital budget portfolio".

Gov. Ugwuanyi added that his administration has provided a conducive environment for teaching and learning in both primary and secondary schools across the state and also "ensured that our tertiary institutions are functional and stable".

The governor therefore expressed optimism that the University when completed, will create employment, especially for the youth as well as provide the much-needed manpower for the industrial and technological growth of the country.

"As we are aware, one of the greatest challenges of this country is youth unemployment. An entrepreneurial University will address the issue of youth unemployment by making graduates not only to be self employed, but also employers of labour themselves.

"I, therefore, salute the courage and vision of this consummate entrepreneur, Dr. Samuel Maduka Onyishi in proposing this entrepreneurial University. This is where Nigeria should be in a technology-driven 21st Century", he said.

Earlier in his address, Dr. Onyishi who thanked God for his goodness and appreciated the entire members of his family for their support, prayers and motivation, also applauded Gov. Ugwuanyi for his "presence, unconditional support, encouragement and solidarity".

Dr. Onyishi revealed that he did not conceive the University as another business, but "as a social service which should improve the lives of people of all races, mould for limitless attainments, children of all people of the world, irrespective of creed or class".

He pointed out that "the vision is to have a citadel of learning in all ramifications, founded on the best principles and run on the best ethical practices", maintaining that the institution is determined to build structures that would stand the test of time.

He equally appreciated the host community for providing the enabling environment for the project, reiterating his commitment to the take off of the University.

In their goodwill messages, the Senator representing Enugu North Senatorial District, Senator Chukwuka Utazi and the Transition Committee Chairman of Igbo-Etiti LGA, Hon. Ikenna Nwodo, commended Gov. Ugwuanyi and the proprietor of the University for their foresight and commitment to education and pledged their support towards the success of the project for the wellbeing of the people.

Dignitaries at the event include the former state Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Engr. Vita Abba, Leader of House, Rt. Hon. Ikechukwu Ezeugwu, member representing Igbo-Etiti East Constituency, Rt. Hon. Ezenta Ezeani, State Commissioner for Transport, Rt. Hon. Mathias Ekweremadu, Chief Ikeje Asogwa, Hon. Cornel Onwubuya, traditional rulers, among others.

Enugu State is truly in the hands of God!##
https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2020/01/ugwuanyi-lays-foundation-for-entrepreneurial-varsity/

2 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Citytrend: 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2020
This is one of many answers to unemployment in Nigeria. And it's a wakeup call for the FG

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Yungmil: 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
D ones wet don't graduated nko no job
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Standing5(m): 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
Nigerians and universities. What of technical colleges? Sch of crafts and engineering.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Ndibunna: 9:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ugwuanyi is a loads of blessings to Enugu state.

Your senatorial seat is reserved for you come 2023.

Best Governor in Enugu state so far.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Kantanka: 5:12am On Jan 05, 2020
Stupid government
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Emmxyl(m): 5:13am On Jan 05, 2020
Ndibunna:

***Smiles***
Which part in your village are you reporting from to label him the best Governor in Enugu State so far.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by martinsodo: 5:18am On Jan 05, 2020
Maxima my man..Keep it up and God will bless your foresight
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by martinsodo: 5:19am On Jan 05, 2020
Maduka my man..Keep it up and God will bless your foresight
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Roon9(m): 5:21am On Jan 05, 2020
Nice
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Oila: 5:24am On Jan 05, 2020
Yungmil:

and that is why you refused to enter school at all ? see your write-up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by AheadAhead123: 5:35am On Jan 05, 2020
cool
Work has been going on there for months.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Onlinealaba(m): 5:40am On Jan 05, 2020
Nice one is good to know well to do Enugu indigene are now imitating the 'aku luo uno' scheme which the good people of Anambra has been doing for years... I hope this will ginger other Enugu sons to put up meaningful development and infrastructure in their hometown. Polystar should have one of his industries now in Enugu grin
We sell affordable quality Smart TVs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Giftedtu: 5:44am On Jan 05, 2020
The try sha
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by DEBUCHMANNY: 5:47am On Jan 05, 2020
Ndibunna:

I've sighted one of those sycophants that are now scattered in my state Enugu. This my governor is the true definition of mediocrity.

I love this initiative from PMT's Sam Onyishi, and I hope and pray that it will not be run like most of the universities I have been had contact with. May God help him to achieve what we read are his visions for this university.

15 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by ikpuchinonye1994: 6:17am On Jan 05, 2020
I thought the man is from Nsukka, what stopped him from establishing it in his hometown.. He also left his hometown to build a car assembly plant in Enugu.. Nsukka people needs to learn one or two things from nnewi people..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by massinola(m): 6:18am On Jan 05, 2020
Ndibunna:

Which best governor? Please fear God if you don't fear humans.
Do you know the anguish of the primary school retirees in Enugu state? No gratuity, no pension, no nothing. He's the worst thing to happen to my dear Enugu state

3 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Handsomecole(m): 6:29am On Jan 05, 2020
Since he become the Governor of the state , it's been nothing bu5 Good news . There always something new coming up in Enugu state almost every week in former of projects or people oriented policies. God bless Ugwuanyi.
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by IkeJAH(m): 6:32am On Jan 05, 2020
This is excellent and timely too...for the development of individuals to be self and economically reliant.

Respect to the founder - Chief Dr.Sam. M. Onyishi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:46am On Jan 05, 2020
Very good development.

Good governance.

Enugu state is truly in the hands of God.

God bless Enugu state.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by miniziter(m): 6:56am On Jan 05, 2020
We need at least 3 of these kinds of schools in each of our states and not those technology schools that can't produce matches. Nigeria educational system looks like a scam to me.

2 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by miniziter(m): 7:02am On Jan 05, 2020
Its as if Nigeria is now having more universities than industries.
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Agugbadin: 7:38am On Jan 05, 2020
Yungmil:

A very lucrative business indeed, that is why more and more are springing up all over Naija. What we need now is industries and not universities
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by VampireDog: 7:39am On Jan 05, 2020
[s]
post=85512333:
Very good development.

Good governance.

Enugu state is truly in the hands of God.

God bless Enugu state.

God bless Nigeria
[/s]
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Mrpojj(m): 7:45am On Jan 05, 2020
OEPHIUS:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2020/01/ugwuanyi-lays-foundation-for-entrepreneurial-varsity/

The small small rooms I dey see
Did they start with the toilets abi na security rooms
Lol

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Goodness001: 8:42am On Jan 05, 2020
ikpuchinonye1994:
I thought the man is from Nsukka, what stopped him from establishing it in his hometown.. He also left his hometown to build a car assembly plant in Enugu.. Nsukka people needs to learn one or two things from nnewi people..

Where is Agu Ekwegbe in? Is Igbo etiti not Nsukka?
What's wrong if he builds it any other part of Enugu State?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Germi9: 9:04am On Jan 05, 2020
World war111 is coming,you are here laying foundation?

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Magicians: 9:06am On Jan 05, 2020
blatants111:
While Ganduje a known thief is building bridges similar to those in Europe without making noise this Godforsaken bastard of a governor Igbos want us believe is a saint that does not take kickback in dollar is commissioning foundation ?! Now I believe these people are indeed doomed.
Re: Ugwuanyi Lays Foundation For Samuel Maduka's Entrepreneurial University by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 05, 2020
ikpuchinonye1994:
And igbo etiti is located in your house abi

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

All University And Polytechnic Should Resume / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroon [use Of English Thread] / UNIZIK Seeks Nuc’s Approval To Admit More Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.