Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,455 members, 7,850,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

The Gospel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Gospel (252 Views)

The Gospel Of John - A Study / Is The Gospel In The Old Testament? / The Gospel Faith Mission International Starts It's 30days Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gospel by thesign: 12:14am On Jan 05, 2020
gospel
Re: The Gospel by Nukilia: 1:08am On Jan 05, 2020
Stop disturbing yourself with all these thesis! The church in Nigeria used to be poor with poor members, but today the reverse is the case. I'm grateful the Church is marching forward
Re: The Gospel by BitCraftman: 3:01am On Jan 05, 2020
The writer is obviously a biased one. To start with, the poverty story of Nigeria isn't as pronounced among church goers or tithe and offering payers as it is among Muslims who support channeling of state funds towards religious activities. Any truly concerned citizen that wants to address the poverty topic must prioritize the issue of one religion cornering what belongs to all above blaming another religions for how they spend tithes and offerings which is just a form of contribution towards a cause they benefit from and believe in.

Secondly, tithes and offering are biblical.

You also touched on missionaries who gave us free schools but never mentioned why these missionaries aren't still giving us free schools till date or why they don't do it for themselves up till date. Education is expensive and the malicious idea of using conditions and factors of 60 years ago to judge current realities is a clear indication of your blind bias against the church.

God in fact loves a cheerful giver.
Re: The Gospel by AntiChristian: 6:56am On Jan 05, 2020
The fracas caused by tithes will never end soon! Jesus loves a poor life but most Christians live the opposite! Actually the church is matching backwards!

More Churches!More money! More disunity!

That's why Jesus' and Paul's prayers can never be answered!

[Jesus said,] I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one. . . . I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one—I in them and you in me— so that they may be brought to complete unity. (John 17:20–23)

Paul said:
I appeal to you . . . that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.(1 Corinthians 1:10)

(1) (Reply)

2019 Was The Year With The Most False Prophecies In Nigeria. / Uniqueness Of Holy Qur'an / I Need The Song 'emi Na Re Oluwa'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.