Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,638 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Goodbye, General: Is Iran Broken For Good?. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Goodbye, General: Is Iran Broken For Good?. (265 Views)

Why Is Iran Not Helping the Palestinian People? / Ukraine’s 'iron General' Is A Hero, But He's No Star / Top Russian General Is Killed By Ukrainian Sniper During Special Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodbye, General: Is Iran Broken For Good?. by BabaCommander: 3:14am On Jan 05, 2020
Goodbye, general!

All through the second of January, I wanted to post a thread on the two words above. It was the line that was ringing incessantly in my mind some 24 hours before Iran's military commander; general Qasem Soleimani was killed by US airstrike.

Okay, I am not sure if I have to do this, but I feel like getting it out. A lot has been, and a lot more is going to be said about the killing of Iranian general Qasem Soleimani and the implication of that action.

I want to reveal a revelation I had a day before his death.

Please, feel free to draw your conclusions.

In my dream, I saw two football teams playing against each other. It was a setup of what we call a "monkey post" in Nigeria. It's a form of 5, a-side.
One team was dominating the other, and the attack was coming from the dominant team's left-winger, who was referred to as "general."

The other team, (weaker side) was under constant pressure from waves after waves of attack. But it was being defended on the right by its right-back by who was also called "the general."

(It was like the number 11 of team A against the number 2 of team B).
And a general matched against another general.

The weaker team's right-back general was brave.
He was like a bulwark and astutely defended his team.

As I watched on, the dominant team attacked again, but this time from its right-winger.
The right-winger crossed for the center forward, who was quite a significant distance from the goal, and it would be very, very hard to score from such range considering the small size of the goal post.

However, something unexpected happened. The lad who was guarding the goal post (like a goalkeeper) left his strategic defensive position and rushed out to tackle the center forward. (a desperate rookie mistake)
The center forward of the dominant team then shot and scored.

I was surprised at how a team that had astutely defended itself until now could crumble so easily, so I looked to see the general who had marshaled the weaker team's defense.

He was no more in the game. "He's taken OUT."

I understood what it meant, and I said goodbye, general.

My take. It thinks Iran's defense is goon for good.

It looks like they are going to get a go at the US in one way or the other, but there is going to be a desperate mistake primarily borne out of inexperience that would be their undoing.

The mortal blow may not necessarily come from the US; it could probably come from Israel or Saudi Arabia.

I don't know the time frame for it to play out, it could be weeks, months, or years, but I think it's going to be an interesting decade in the Middle East.

Okay, I am not sure if I have to do this, but I feel like getting it out. A lot has been, and a lot more is going to be said about the killing of Iranian general Qasem Soleimani and the implication of that action.

I want to reveal a revelation I had a day before his death.

Please, feel free to draw your conclusions.

In my dream, I saw two football teams playing against each other. It was a setup of what we call a "monkey post" in Nigeria. It's a form of 5, a-side.
One team was dominating the other, and the attack was coming from the dominant team's left-winger, who was referred to as "general."

The other team, (weaker side) was under constant pressure from waves after waves of attack. But it was being defended on the right by its right-back by who was also called "the general."

(It was like the number 11 of team A against the number 2 of team B).
And a general matched against another general.

The weaker team's right-back general was brave.
He was like a bulwark and astutely defended his team.

As I watched on, the dominant team attacked again, but this time from its right-winger.
The right-winger crossed for the center forward, who was quite a significant distance from the goal, and it would be very, very hard to score from such range considering the small size of the goal post.

However, something unexpected happened. The lad who was guarding the goal post (like a goalkeeper) left his strategic defensive position and rushed out to tackle the center forward. (a desperate rookie mistake)
The center forward of the dominant team then shot and scored.

I was surprised at how a team that had astutely defended itself until now could crumble so easily, so I looked to see the general who had marshaled the weaker team's defense.

He was no more in the game. "He's taken OUT."

I understood what it meant, and I said goodbye, general.

My take. It thinks Iran's defense is goon for good.

It looks like they are going to get a go at the US in one way or the other, but there is going to be a desperate mistake primarily borne out of inexperience that would be their undoing.

The mortal blow may not necessarily come from the US; it could probably come from Israel or Saudi Arabia.

I don't know the time frame for it to play out, it could be weeks, months, or years, but I think it's going to be an interesting decade in the Middle East.
Re: Goodbye, General: Is Iran Broken For Good?. by BabaCommander: 3:24am On Jan 05, 2020
Whether you are religious, believe in dreams and visions or not. I would love to see your analysis of this.
I just want to see the analysis and opinion of different folks.

Nwamaipke, please keep out cheesy cheesy grin

CC
Suen
Lalasticlala
Re: Goodbye, General: Is Iran Broken For Good?. by Nobody: 3:33am On Jan 05, 2020
How much komorado caused all these?
Re: Goodbye, General: Is Iran Broken For Good?. by BabaCommander: 3:40am On Jan 05, 2020
Smartchoiice:
How much komorado caused all these?
What's komorado, pls?
Re: Goodbye, General: Is Iran Broken For Good?. by funmike83(f): 3:41am On Jan 05, 2020
Eya

(1) (Reply)

Impeachment Vote Delayed As Clinton Launches Iraq Air Strike(throw Back Pic) / Flashback: Trump Once Said; 'Obama Will Start A War With Iran To Get Reelected.' / Mali's Former Strongman Released From Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.