Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,383 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin (29624 Views)

How Can I Be Free From Sin Completely? / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / Former Prostitute Marks 3 Months Of Not Having Sex After Her Repentance. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by Beyin7: 1:00am On Jan 06, 2020
AntiChristian:
Why do we need to repent again? Shebi Jesus don die and carry away all sins?
we have to repent because we are not perfect and JESUS died for the forgiveness our sini when we confess ask for forgiveness and repent.
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by Beyin7: 1:16am On Jan 06, 2020
GOFRONT:
cool

And on the other thread, A man who has been married to his born agyain wife for 20 years brought up a complain about how her born again christian wife was caught sex chatting her Ex guy she ran into about 4 years back.....

A born again for that matter.....

Dont use one to judge all Christians and sinciere born again

1 Like

Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by GlobalWay: 6:40am On Jan 06, 2020
paix:
Assuming government declares free education today, would your children be educated without going to school because education is free?
You are deep in genuine wisdom. I pray that ALMITGHTY YAHWEH shall help you to excellently fulfill the Glorious Purpose for which HE created you in JESUS Name.
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by paix(m): 10:20am On Jan 06, 2020
GlobalWay:
You are deep in genuine wisdom. I pray that ALMITGHTY YAHWEH shall help you to excellently fulfill the Glorious Purpose for which HE created you in JESUS Name.
Thank you very much sir. I wish you same. Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by teeytimi: 10:38am On Jan 06, 2020
AntiChristian:
you're antiChristian naa so you can't understand but I pleads you repent before it's too late sir

1 Like

Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by AntiChristian: 3:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
teeytimi:
you're antiChristian naa so you can't understand but I pleads you repent before it's too late sir

So it's a must everyone must to be a Christian?
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by AntiChristian: 3:46pm On Jan 06, 2020
Beyin7:

we have to repent because we are not perfect and JESUS died for the forgiveness our sini when we confess ask for forgiveness and repent.

The sin wey them talk say I inherit when them never born me abi?
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by AntiChristian: 3:50pm On Jan 06, 2020
Gforce2019:

You think you can be forming an atheist? I need to follow you up.... I give you 5 days ..if you don't give your life to Christ, and accept Him as your Lord and your personal savior, I will do what I want to do....

Let's start counting na! Na you go tire! Hope you've seen all my threads!
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
AntiChristian:

The word REPENT has been misapplied for long!

There is no reason for none Israelites to REPENT for any reason!

To repent means to "TURN AROUND", only the Israelites had God's laws with them, so it was appropriate for John the baptist to have asked them to REPENT, meaning they should turn around and start observing the law covenant which God made with them through a mediator (Moses). This will prepare them for the coming new covenant since the old covenant will soon be discarded.
Peter applied the same word to Israelites who taught those speaking in tongue at Pentecost were drunk.

Paul is the Apostle Jesus appointed to teach the gentiles (other nations) so the word REPENT is not found in his speeches to those pagans.

WHY?

Because they don't know God's laws in the first place, so there is no justification telling them to turn around (REPENT) from what they don't even know! embarassed

So if you're not an Israelite, you need to first study their history to know how God first introduced himself to mankind through the laws he gave the descendants of Jacob, that's the significance of Hebrew/Aramaic Scriptures (Old Testament). How they betrayed that covenant and how another covenant was established.
Then what concerns you in all of these since neither your own ancestors nor you had anything to do with that covenant, and you've not betrayed God since you don't know his JUDICIAL DECISIONS!

The new covenant is about God's only begotten son who is the sacrificial lamb that will take away Adamic sin (that brought sickness, suffering and death), all you need to know now is how to benefit from that sacrifice!

It's after you've learnt all these that you can develop interest in the God of Israel due to all he had done for mankind, then you'll begin to love and appreciate him.

The word REPENT has nothing to do with you if your ancestors had NOTHING to do with those laws in the first place! undecided
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by midnighter(f): 8:47pm On Jan 06, 2020
Maximus69:

The word REPENT has been misapplied for long!

There is no reason for none Israelites to REPENT for any reason!

I don't understand; what is your position?
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
midnighter:

I don't understand; what is your position?

You need to know why the Israelites were asked to REPENT (TURN AROUND) from their sins!
The sin there was not Adamic sin that's binding on all humans, but their rejection of God's law covenant!

If you want to become a Christian today, you must first study the Old Testament to know how God dealt with the nation of Israel then put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself
"If i was an Israelite back then, what decision am i likely to make in this situation?"

That's how you will begin to appreciate faithful servants of God before Christianity was commissioned, then ask yourself
" out of all these religious groups claiming Christians today, which one is following the footsteps of first century Christians"

The term REPENT could only be applied in your case if you're fully aware of what Christianity means and you're gradually derailing due to the anxieties of life.
Without that there is nothing to REPENT from?
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by midnighter(f): 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2020
Maximus69:

You need to know why the Israelites were asked to REPENT (TURN AROUND) from their sins!
The sin there was not Adamic sin that's binding on all humans, but their rejection of God's law covenant!

If you want to become a Christian today, you must first study the Old Testament to know how God dealt with the nation of Israel then put yourself in their shoes and ask yourself
"If i was an Israelite back then, what decision am i likely to make in this situation?"

That's how you will begin to appreciate faithful servants of God before Christianity was commissioned, then ask yourself
" out of all these religious groups claiming Christians today, which one is following the footsteps of first century Christians"

The term REPENT could only be applied in your case if you're fully aware of what Christianity means and you're gradually derailing due to the anxieties of life.
Without that there is nothing to REPENT from?

Okay Sir
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by Mimie05: 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
AntiChristian:

He can't give me anything that he can't give himself!

Nemo dat quod Non habet as the law guys dey say!

There notthings he can't give you
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by AntiChristian: 6:22am On Jan 22, 2020
Mimie05:

There notthings he can't give you

Let him answer his prayer first.
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by Mimie05: 7:47am On Jan 22, 2020
AntiChristian:

Let him answer his prayer first.

has already been answered
And he will surely visit you
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by AntiChristian: 9:47am On Jan 22, 2020
Mimie05:

has already been answered
And he will surely visit you

Has he visited you? Who has he visited?
Fable!
Re: The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On May 23, 2023
5thAngel:
I have a friend, who from her lifestyle, I know is born again. She was initially like me, religious but not saved from sin. Then she gave her life to Chris and since then, it seems she made new enemies. Our course mates don't like her because she is the odd one and mocks her anytime she preaches in class.

I, however, have been challenged by the new life she has. I've watched her grow spiritually and i want that Christ-like life for myself also.
Hence, i summoned courage to ask her how she remained in the faith as I have been besotted with rising and falling. Then she told me something.If you really want to be saved and remain save you have to pray, not because of the fear of hell but pray because you desire a change in your life. You foremost have to crave a righteous life and pray, with faith,for forgiveness with this intention.
I got the message alright but I did not act on it.

■ My prayer for repentance have always been centered on the fear of hell, which i am 100 per center sure exist.
But God in his infinite mercy showed me a dream reiterating everything grace said. He showed me how to pray this prayer, which i found myself in this dream praying. I noticed that after the prayer, I felt the joy,peace and calmness i have always craved for and heard other people testify of.
God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; they are a filthy abomination to Him. What that means is literally that your so-called prayers of repentance go unanswered by God who never asked anyone to pray for forgiveness in the first place. Rather what Jesus Christ told you is that what you need do is be born-again, gain access into the Kingdom of God, then seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and then God's righteousness.. there is no other way. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Father Kelvin Ugwu Speaks On #SilhouetteChallenge / Leke Adeboye Sends Late Brother Dare Gift On 43rd Posthumous Birthday (Pix, Vid) / American Pastors Pray Over Kenneth Copeland As He Visits Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.