Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:11 AM

Phone And Messaging Storage Eating Up Space: Android - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone And Messaging Storage Eating Up Space: Android (1254 Views)

A Sierra Leonean Created A Messaging App That Is Faster Than Whatsapp / How To Free Up Space On Your Smart Phone / Whatsapp Adds Payment To Its Messaging App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone And Messaging Storage Eating Up Space: Android by TheSparrow: 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2020
My phone was stolen recently and I had to quickly get a new android phone (Venus X19) with 1GB ram. I only use about 5 apps, occupying less than 300mb space. However the phone memory keeps getting filled up causing the apps I use to not function. I always have to factory reset the phone to bring it back to its senses, but same issue repeat its self after 2-3 days.

I noticed that "Phone and Messaging storage" is the culprit here, always growing and occupying any available space.

Anyone had a similar experience? Is there a solution to this?

Thanks
Re: Phone And Messaging Storage Eating Up Space: Android by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 05, 2020
TheSparrow:
My phone was stolen recently and I had to quickly get a new android phone (Venus X19) with 1GB ram. I only use about 5 apps, occupying less than 300mb space. However the phone memory keeps getting filled up causing the apps I use to not function. I always have to factory reset the phone to bring it back to its senses, but same issue repeat its self after 2-3 days.

I noticed that "Phone and Messaging storage" is the culprit here, always growing and occupying any available space.

Thanks
Go to your photos app and delete some files that you no longer want.After that go to your trash bin and empty all the deleted files.
Re: Phone And Messaging Storage Eating Up Space: Android by TheSparrow: 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2020
comshots:
Go to your photos app and delete some files that you no longer want.After that go to your trash bin and empty all the deleted files.

Thank you for your help.
However, I have less than 10 photos and no single video or audio in the phone.
Re: Phone And Messaging Storage Eating Up Space: Android by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2020
TheSparrow:

Thank you for your help.
However, I have less than 10 photos and no single video or audio in the phone.
Your storage device is very small.
Re: Phone And Messaging Storage Eating Up Space: Android by TheSparrow: 11:59am On Jan 06, 2020
TheSparrow:

Thanks

Good morning house.

I still need help with this please.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Get 500mb Free Data Using MTN APP Strictly For MTN Users!!! / Huawei Honor 9X Specification And Price / This Android Phones Come With 12GB RAM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.