Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

Uba Massive Retrenchment - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Uba Massive Retrenchment (624 Views)

Planned Massive Compulsory Retrenchment Of Workers By Intels Nigeria Limited / Breaking News! Ovh Energy Formerly Oando Carrying Out Mass Retrenchment Of Staff / Mass Retrenchment In My Place Of Work; Am I Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Uba Massive Retrenchment by pizancrown: 6:49pm On Jan 05, 2020
United Bank of Africa PLC, (UBA) carried out massive sack of staff over the weekend.
The selection of those sacked was randomly based. Information received from reliable and higher officers shows that there was no clear criteria for the sack.
The affected staff members were kept in the office up till 10pm on Friday night, 3rd January, 2020, before they were horribly disengaged.
The bank had in a publication yesterday made some propaganda about the number of new staff(their family members and stewards) they recruited lately (of which they made these honourable ex-staff members yo train before relieving them of their jobs)they employed. However, they failed to mention how they sacked the ones they used like rags.
The noise about the list of those promoted was not true, instead, they made re-allignments of some grades.
Employers of labour should be fair in their dealings most times.
I pray for better days for those affected.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Got The Job Guys. / FRESH VACANCY FOR SALES EXECUTIVE AND OFFICE ASSISTANT IN HIPOT. / What Is Your Worth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.