Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:50 PM

Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa (6764 Views)

Abike Dabiri-Erewa Visits Rescued Nigerian Girls In Ghana / Reps Step Down Diaspora Trust Fund, Same Sex Marriage Amendment Bills / Mrs Abike Dabiri-erewa Reacts To Alleged Invasion Of Dakolo’s Residence (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by opportunes: 6:04am On Jan 06, 2020
Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO, Diaspora Commission, says the commission is putting a team in place to work out modalities for the establishment of Diaspora Trust Fund. Dabiri-Erewa, who fielded questions from State House Correspondents after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, said the commission was in the process of planning and engaging Nigerians in the Diaspora as to how it can be done.

“We are planning the Nigerian Diaspora Trust Fund because Nigerians in the Diaspora want to invest in their country and they want to contribute. So, the Diaspora Trust Fund will be coming up in this year and a lot of other engagements and activities. “A few countries, like Ethiopia, have a Diaspora Investment Fund. Nigeria should not be an exception. We are working at it. We are hoping we can get everything set in the first quarter of this year,” she added.

On the remittances from Nigerians in Diaspora, she said, “For 2019, we are dealing with about $25 billion as remittances from Nigerians in the Diaspora. We hoping it could get better. There are even areas that are not even captured. The foremost remittances are not even captured; the $500 to your brothers, to your sisters.

“Beyond remittances, there are a lot more that Nigerians in the Diaspora will do for their country. We hope it gets better, we hope that Nigerians in the Diaspora continue to help in resuscitating the Nigerian economy.” Dabiri-Erewa, who said the Nigerians in Diaspora Investment Summit was very successful, added that the commission would not abandon the returnees from South Africa.

“As for the returnees from South Africa, like we said earlier, we have not abandoned them and we’ll not abandon them. In January this year, we’ll be meeting with them again and we are working with SMEDAN and other agencies to see what more can be done for those returnees.

‘And we are appealing to states. I think about three states that have not reached out to returnees to please do so. They are not many and I don’t think it’s a difficult thing to do,” she added. She said the commission had started the process of having a Diaspora database to know exactly the number of Nigerians in Diaspora.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/diaspora-trust-fund-underway-dabiri-erewa.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by benpuzzy(m): 6:14am On Jan 06, 2020
Another way to embezzle money, God is watchimg oooooooooo

9 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by kettykings: 6:19am On Jan 06, 2020
igbos in diaspora should not invest in this please, this is a government that hates igbos

19 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 06, 2020
kettykings:
igbos in diaspora should not invest in this please, this is a government that hates igbos

Every Igbo man, even Biafrans know this by now. She is a known afonja Igbo bigot!

15 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by helinues: 6:25am On Jan 06, 2020
Why nothing like any financial institutions offering loans to any students in Nigeria.

Diaspora funds jam Una leg there

14 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by VirginSearcher(m): 8:31am On Jan 06, 2020
This woman always struggles to be relevant

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by careytommy37(m): 8:31am On Jan 06, 2020
Abike planning the largest cashout in 9ja history

11 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by platido(m): 8:32am On Jan 06, 2020
They have come again in this 2020

8 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 06, 2020
Good idea... for a united country with less corrupt leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by Doctorova(m): 8:32am On Jan 06, 2020
Vanity
Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:32am On Jan 06, 2020
Beyond remittances, there are a lot more that Nigerians in the Diaspora will do for their country. We hope it gets better, we hope that Nigerians in the Diaspora continue to help in resuscitating the Nigerian economy.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by Daniel058(m): 8:33am On Jan 06, 2020
This BIAFRAN wife powerful oo
Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by Perfecttouchade: 8:33am On Jan 06, 2020
How safe will these funds be

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by EasyPeazy: 8:33am On Jan 06, 2020
Mtcheew .. Diaspora Trust Fund indeed undecided undecided undecided

Abeg shift one side Jare.

4 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by Dididrumz(m): 8:33am On Jan 06, 2020
Uhmmm. Make i read am first
Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by Lavell9: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2020
Una Don start

2 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by GEOANDSONS: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2020
Lol
Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by Nickisindigo(m): 8:40am On Jan 06, 2020
trust fund kee you there

3 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by jp130(m): 8:44am On Jan 06, 2020
Learn to manage a football team while you earn gradually,

Click my signature n add me in whatsapp to put u tru
Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by BanevsJoker(m): 8:45am On Jan 06, 2020
I even thought it was a fund to help repatriate Nigerians who fell on hard times abroad. Rather than waiting for Air Peace every time. I no know why these people punishment still dey delay.

4 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by nototribalist: 8:46am On Jan 06, 2020
Confusion
Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by daywatcher: 8:48am On Jan 06, 2020
diasporans are not allow to vote but you want to collect their money

13 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by Nobody: 8:49am On Jan 06, 2020
smiley

Do you need fast loan? Please check my signature]
Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by makdcash(m): 8:53am On Jan 06, 2020
Another trap is about to be set,if u put head them cutam shaa! Dat 1 don go...9ja!

2 Likes

Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by A305: 8:57am On Jan 06, 2020
I don't know what that is but comfortability is guaranteed in that 09 corrolla right on my page
Re: Diaspora Trust Fund Underway – Dabiri-erewa by Yankee101: 9:02am On Jan 06, 2020
I'm not giving my money to Buhari. He doesn't understand basic economics

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Garba Shehu: Buhari Did Not Order AEDC Management Sack / Jonathan Fires Adviser On Counterterrorism / Why Did Biafrans Bury Ojukwu With Nigerian Flag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.