Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

I Am I Scared Of Writing - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Am I Scared Of Writing (161 Views)

2020; The New Way Of Writing Dates / What Is The Difference Between APA And IEEE Format Of Writing? / Shocking Video Of Unilorin Students In A Bad State For The Sake Of Writing Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Am I Scared Of Writing by Otisker(m): 11:01am On Jan 06, 2020
I don't remember exactly when this problem started but now it is beginning to kill me. I am quite a brilliant teenager. The problem is that when ever I try to write in the presence of people, I become scared but when alone I will be relaxed but slow.

This as strange as it may sound, has been one of my major problems in life. It has affected me severely in many areas like exams and events which requires writing and and signing of names. In the case of exams, the fear fades with time and my hands stops shaking with time but while writing in the presence of people (especially if they are looking at me) OMG! The feeling is indescribable I will be shaking from head to toe and if i try to write on the book my hand will shake off. The feeling is somehow similar to intense stage fright. I can't just control it.

Recently, I was made the secretary of my club (I can't reveal details) but I stylishly dodged, out of fear of writing. Prior to this, before the club started, we were required to write our names. My heart jumped in to my stomach out of fear that the book will be passed around for everyone to write there names but I was relieved and at the same time deeply hurt when a guy everyone knows to be a school dropout took the book and calmly wrote down all our names.
Note: I very well know what to write.

Sometimes, I have even thought of taking alcohol which I don't take with the hope of getting confidence though I have never tried it. Please your contribution will be highly welcomed. Pardon my grammatical errors.
Mods please help me out.
Re: I Am I Scared Of Writing by HeeBraHim2(m): 11:26am On Jan 06, 2020
I have once be in ur shoe and knew how tough it is.

I remember back in my secondary school. One day mr ponpo asked the a class question which seems to make the whole class silent and no one could give an answer to the question.

He felt suprised and decide call the student name one after the other to answer the question.

Unfortunately he starts with my name, i was so afraid, my heart begin to beats faster. i manage to stand up, many eyes are on me which makes my heartbeat to increase its speed.

Though i knew the answer but i am kind of a shy guy who prefer to be alone. Infact i lock up myself in my room now as i am typing.

I manage to say something but my voice has been seized. All what i manage to say can only be heard myself.

Mr ponpo thought i did not know the answer so he beat me mercillessly.

(1) (Reply)

I / Urgent Please / Seasoned Science And English Teacher Needed For A Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.