Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years (1046 Views)

FG Procures Two High Speed Coaches For Lagos-Ibadan Railway Line / CRCC to construct 560km railway line in Ghana at $2bn, cost of 156km Lagos-Ibada / Updates On The Lagos - Ibadan Railway Line (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by AutoJoshNG: 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2020
The Dubai Metro is a rail network in the city of Dubai. All the trains are fully automated and run on a driverless railway line. The spotlessly clean trains are air-conditioned with platform edge doors.

A train leaves every 5 minutes from each metro station. They are always on time and are an excellent alternative to using a cab during rush hours. The trains are well manned and safe. The staff are polite and very helpful. There are also women and children only carriages on the trains.

See Also: Checkout These Amazing Toll Gates In Dubai (PHOTOS)
In the city centre, the railway line runs underground. In other locations, it runs on elevated viaducts (elevated railway). On the elevated railway, where it rides above the ground, it provides a great view overlooking the city. This way, it offers tourists an interesting view of the city.

The Dubai metro is considered to be one of the most modern and cost-effective public transportation systems in the world. To ride in any of the trains, you would have to purchase a ticket at any of the metro stations.

To use the Dubai Metro, a one-way ticket costs about 5 Dirhams (N500) or you can buy a day’s pass for 20 Dirhams (N2000).

The tickets are in the form of Nol cards, which can also be used to pay for a Tram and Dubai bus transport system.

To plan out how to get around Dubai, we recommend using the official app by the RTA: the WOJHATI. This app can be downloaded for free from Playstore or AppStore. With it, you can look up the trains’ time schedules and tariff prices so that you can easily and cost-effectively plan your day in Dubai.

See Also: Dubai Tram: This Is One Of The Safest Modes Of Public Transport In The World (PHOTOS)
Dubai public Transportation system is divided into 7 zones. The price of the journey depends on the number of zones crossed during the trip.

The Redline of the Dubai Metro was launched on the 9th of September 2009 (9.9.09). The Metro spans 52km and comprising of 29 stations (4 underground, 24 elevated and one at-grade). Exactly two years later, on 09.09.2011, the Green Line was launched. It spans 23km and comprising 18 stations (6 underground and 12 elevated).

The Dubai Metro is under the supervision and operation of the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA). The Red line of the Dubai Metro is the world’s largest fully-automated driverless railway line. It cuts through the centre of Dubai, flying past the city’s many newly built skyscrapers and landmarks.

In total, more than 1.5 billion riders have used the Dubai metro over the last 10 years.
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by AutoJoshNG: 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2020

Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by AutoJoshNG: 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2020

Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by AutoJoshNG: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by AutoJoshNG: 5:41pm On Jan 06, 2020

Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by AutoJoshNG: 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2020
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by HospitalityDiva(f): 5:51pm On Jan 06, 2020
This is the product of good and visionary leadership.
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
Dubai was nigeria's mate at one point but look at them and look at us.

Oh well...I heard finland is a good place to relocate plus they are as nice as canadians

1 Like

Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2020
These are good ones and I give credit to them.

But has anyone contemplated the inventions in the civilization of the coming Imes?

Oh! I forgot. it seems I'm the only one who knows about Imes so I'm the only one who can tell. grin

Well, I won't say much but from what I'm envisaging, it's a civilization, the kind of which has never been seen. smiley

Yeah! I know you think I'm crazy and deluded. But I love it though. I love it when people doubt me when I talk about Imes.

That will make them shocked the more when he eventually emerges and will make the whole thing more interesting.
grin

I'll be sitting in my corner laughing at all of you who called me names when I was telling you about Imes. grin grin

Imes, we await your coming. We await your civilization. cheesy
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 06, 2020
Blacks are cursed
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by themaestro08(m): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2020
HospitalityDiva:
This is the product of good and visionary leadership.

Remind me of sheik zayyad bin sultan al nahyan, the founding father of UAE.
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by themaestro08(m): 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2020
Okpa042:
Dubai was nigeria's mate at one point but look at them and look at us.

Oh well...I heard finland is a good place to relocate plus they are as nice as canadians

Yeah overall its a decent country, just the harsh weather is only downside.

1 Like

Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by themaestro08(m): 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Blacks are cursed

Cursed by who? And why?
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by jesmond3945: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Blacks are cursed
how? have you been to rwanda?
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2020
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by jesmond3945: 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
https://www.voanews.com/africa/rwanda-accused-manipulating-poverty-statistics
lol voice of america? Do you enjoy lies from the jewish controlled media so much?
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by StrikeBack(m): 11:07am On Jan 07, 2020
grin
Re: See The Driverless Railway Line That Has Conveyed Over 1.5B Riders In 10 Years by tck2000(m): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Blacks are cursed
I'm black,i am not cursed.Speak for yourself!

(1) (Reply)

29 Things You Should Know Before Renting An Apartment In Lagos / Canada Skilled Worker Program (must Have Skills Before Travelling) / Redline Leisure Resort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.