Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,288 members, 7,811,863 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

What You Need To Do To Sell As A Writer. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What You Need To Do To Sell As A Writer. (335 Views)

Have you been scammed as a writer? Share your story! / 5 Things You Need To Know Before Dating A Writer / What Has Been Your Greatest Challenge As A Writer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Do To Sell As A Writer. by 9jawear(m): 1:13am On Jan 07, 2020
Every writer is desirous of the day they release their book and boom , after one month, 100,000 copies sold.
Even professional writers who have been in the game for years cannot boast of achieving this feat , they may have taken like a period of 20 years to even sell 10,000 copies.

I'm going to give a brief summary on what you can do as a writer to start selling more of your literary works or books.

First thing is to create a buyer persona.
A reader buyer persona is a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer who is likely to buy your literary work or read your blog.

How do you get readers who will be inclined to buy and read your new literary work based on how they have reacted to something similar. what are the signs they get when they are motivated to buy a literary work.

If you need help setting up a blog with unlimited hosting and domain at an affordable rate. Plus content ideas and a strategy document. I'm organizing a private training. If you are interested, message me privately. The strategy document contains content templates, content ideas, revenue models and a content calendar.

A lot of writers have run ads before to target avid readers and the general public but in advertising for selling your book your ad targeting has to be exceptionally precise and unique.

The demographics have to be even more laser targeted than the targeting options Facebook gives you.

There’s a fine line between actually catching fish and just standing on the shore with a fishing rod.”

If you don't want to just stand on the shore, it’s time to learn a little more about your potential customers. You need to know exactly who your target readers are, those who regularly buy books that are trending, those who buy books because of the interesting caption and even those who your book will be the first one they will ever buy. There are even those who can be influenced to buy your book and not even read it but brag that they bought your book or they own it.

Even when trying to sell your literary works. Predictability of sales may also require a funnel process to filter the eventual buyers because sales doesn't manifest itself instantly.

So this is all I have now, if you have more questions or ideas,feel free to contact me. I'm an admin on the group in my signature.
Re: What You Need To Do To Sell As A Writer. by 9jawear(m): 2:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
If you are a writer and you want to sell your book before Valentine, message me please

(1) (Reply)

4 Greatly Inspiring Books (fiction) To Set Your Weekend On A High Tone / Quality Article Writers Needed(Now Closed) / Project Robot Zetai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.