Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

White Man In Town (chapter Thirty Eight) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / White Man In Town (chapter Thirty Eight) (271 Views)

White Man In Town (chapter Thirty Four) / White Man In Town (chapter Thirty Three ) / The Suave Man In Lagos Drives A Range Rover But Is Penniless- Chimamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

White Man In Town (chapter Thirty Eight) by DODO005: 1:56pm On Jan 07, 2020
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

While the news of the suicide bombing had put fear in the minds of Chambers, Colour and Ken Solomon, it was a different scenario on the part of some members of the Free-Hands. In fact, the news came to them as a relief. They saw the unforeseen event as a temporary release from their anxieties from the law. They viewed it as a blessing and believed it will help turn away the searching eyes of law enforcement agents on them, including the suspicious curious eyes of other lodgers around the Tinapa for a while.
The suicide bomber story they calculated would be the next hottest news across the country in the next couple of days, weeks or probably months to come; it was bound to keep the police, and other security operatives more engaged. This they visualized would give them enough time to strategies and enjoy themselves with the millions in their hands. Smoke on hearing the news had summoned the group to his room where they held an urgent meeting. Present at the short meeting were Skinny and Lizzy who had both returned to the Tinapa from Obudu under the dark cover of the night as they wanted to be careful not to arouse the suspicious of the other members who might be wondering what they were still doing at the ranch. Moreover, they never told Smoke they were going to spend the night there. They had both agreed to leave the ranch secretly after their meeting with the clients from Fingers Consultants. They returned to Tinapa, spilled Smoke and the rest of the gang a cooked up story of the need to return to Obudu ranch on Monday and had secretly planned their trip back to meet the team from Fingers Consultants and finally seal their multi-million dollar deal.
However, the unexpected suicide attack at the police headquarter unexpectedly crept into that important day, and shattered all their plans. Instead, they were both summoned by Smoke to his room through a phone call, just few minutes before their departure and like the others, they left what they were doing and sauntered into his expensive suite, the shock of the news written across their faces.
Smoke was still following the news of the suicide attack from the various cable channels from the big screen TV in his room and wasted no time in revealing his perspective to the group. He outlined the advantages of the first suicide bomb attack in the country and told them the need to remain calm and enjoy themselves confidently since most of the law enforcement agents in the country were now busy with the bomb issue.

‘’I see this as a blessing to us. We can now confidently relax and enjoy ourselves.’’ He told the gathering, still dressed in his pajamas with a weed in his right hand and a glass of orange juice on his left.

‘’ True talk boss, the bombing don create more confusion for the country and na big katakata be that, every police man or security agent dey too busy now to get time for Yahoo Boys or any 419 matter. True, this na correct blessing in disguise.’’ Victor chipped in happily, picked a rolled weed from the centre table around them, lit it and sauntered to the bar for a bottle of Jack Daniel whisky.

‘’ Na correct news true, true. Fear be don dey catch me before when I first hear the news, but right now I think the boss is right. This na time to relax and enjoy our life.’’ John Bull supported and joined Victor by the bar.

However, Skinny and Lizzy kept quiet for a while. They both thought over the statements and Skinny sensing that their silence might lead to suspicious finally nodded his head in agreement.

‘’ Yes, I see sense in the bomb attack. Na big advantage for us,’’ He said, and collected the half-smoked weed in Smoke’s hand. He dragged and smiled up at Lizzy.

‘’ We never hear your view, Sisi?’’ Smoke told Lizzy, sipped his drink, lit a cigarette and smiled up at her.

‘’ I no even no wetin to talk. The news of the suicide attack just spoil my belle. That means say we no dey safe again for this country. Today na Abuja, tomorrow fit be anywhere.’’ Lizzy finally responded with fear still written all over her face.

‘’ Yes, I agree with you, but we must dey extra careful from now on; No traveling anyhow again. In fact, nothing go carry us go Abuja for now. From here na either we charter plane go Bahamas or fly go any other leisure island for Caribbean, abi how una see am?’’

Smoke announced and threw the question to the gathering and they all chorused in agreement and happily toasted to the suggestion. ‘’ But right now, make we see wetin go happen in the next couple of days first.’’ He told the group and they all went about their leisure excitedly after the meeting.
grin

Re: White Man In Town (chapter Thirty Eight) by tshege(m): 2:38pm On Jan 07, 2020
I am a writer, and I know how it feels if your editor asks for revisions. After spending hours on your blog post/essay or document, you are asked to revise your work. How painful!

I have a solution for you, get Grammarly!

Ouch! Grammarly is a tad bit expensive. How many people can afford the $135 a year subscription?

I have a solution for you. I will get you a Grammarly premium account for a pittance. Chikini money o.

No DM for prices, I'll sell you a Grammarly account to you for ₦2,000.00 only.

Send me a message here on WhatsApp for your Premium account o8I62294oI7

When you send me a message, please, go straight to the point no reduction in price.

Get Premium Grammarly with plagiarism checker at giveaway price

https:///2348162294017

(1) (Reply)

Quotes Of The Week / Book Fan / Our World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.