Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,934 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is (76024 Views)

Stampede At Qassem Soleimani's Burial Kills 40 People, Injures 213 Persons / Rockets Fall Near US Embassy In Baghdad Injuring Five As World War 3 Fears Mount / Qassem Soleimani's Hand Before And After The Attack (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by FemiMaduka(m): 1:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
bayelsaowei:
kindly provide classified info on what you just wrote...

If you'd been living in a cave the whole time the aforesaid was unfolding, would you blame me?
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by filleSouriante(f): 1:43pm On Jan 08, 2020
LordShiva97:

Make some space inside the deepfreezer abeg lemme hide with you.

If u don't have a big body frame, don't worry it will contain us both but if u do hit d gym ASAP grin grin
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by OhiOfIhima: 1:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
Befii:
Clearly US wants division in the middle east, so they killed him cause he was trying to make peace.

You can say that again. from wat I just read, the man was on mission in Baghdad to meet the head of Shi'ia from Iran and that of Sunni from Saudi Arabia for peace mission. on get down at Baghdad airport, he was attacked.

Peace only.
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by barrydee(m): 1:48pm On Jan 08, 2020
toluleke:
It is so clear even from the on-set that trump just wanted to save his impeachment saga and divert the attention of the world to other things. Why won't you want shiite Muslim to practice their religion. Americans should vote trump out he is a menace to the society with his attitude of hate on Blacks, Muslims and immigrant. Threaten a nation of destroying their historical sites isn't that terrorism? boasting of arms and weapons you build and you don't want others to acquire same weapons cos u afraid of it been abusive. No regards for the sovereignty of a nation. Obama ordered osama bin laden been caught alive or dead why can't trump do the same then if there is a struggle you take him out why outright killing. Saudi Arabian is a problem to the world same thing they are doing in Yemen Syria and Nigeria (El-zaky)

SMH! Afonja Muslims have turned Nairaland into a wailing ground. They seem to be crying more than Iranians themselves.
I doubt if they will be this pained if sangó shrine is attacked or bombed.
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by delishpot: 1:50pm On Jan 08, 2020
Religion.... Dividing humanity since 00BC
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by eedimo(m): 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
I thought as much! Let me say much because some illiterates would be confused.
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by amstamon: 1:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
Tylerbreeze:
Good morning my fellow nairalanders, pls my name is Ifeanyi ,am a student of Anambra state University, pls I really need your help ...I'm about to resume school now, but no money to pay my school fees , my school fees is 140,000 ...pls you people should help me ... I have been able to raise 50,000 remaining 90,000 pls ,and I'm an orphan ...pls help I don't have anybody
My acct no. Is 6320524838
Fidelity bank
God bless you
Na bomb dey ur head. U no even say make u put phone number and ur school ID card so ur helper fit contact u to ask further question, na acct number straight u just put. Iffa slap u ehn? U go follow Qassem Soleimani go heaven
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Sprumbaba: 2:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
CaptainMeks:
As part of the incendiary and escalating crisis surrounding the assassination of Qassem Soleimani, there has come an explanation of why the Iranian commander was actually in Baghdad when he was targeted by a US missile strike.

Iraq’s prime minister revealed that he was due to be meeting the Iranian commander to discuss moves being made to ease the confrontation between Shia Iran and Sunni Saudi Arabia – the crux of so much of strife in the Middle East and beyond.

Adil Abdul-Mahdi was quite clear: “I was supposed to meet him in the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver a message from Iran in response to the message we had delivered from the Saudis to Iran.”

The prime minister also disclosed that Donald Trump had called him to ask him to mediate following the attack on the US embassy in Baghdad. According to Iraqi officials contact was made with a number of militias as well as figures in Tehran. The siege of the embassy was lifted and the US president personally thanked Abdul-Mahdi for his help.

There was nothing to suggest to the Iraqis that it was unsafe for Soleimani to travel to Baghdad – quite the contrary. This suggests that Trump helped lure the Iranian commander to a place where he could be killed. It is possible that the president was unaware of the crucial role that Soleimani was playing in the attempted rapprochement with the Saudis. Or that he knew but did not care.

One may even say that it is not in the interest of a president who puts so much emphasis on American arms exports, and whose first official trip after coming to office was a weapons-selling trip to Saudi Arabia – during which he railed against Iran – to have peace break out between the Iranians and the kingdom. But that would be far too cynical a thought.

Abdul-Mahdi spoke of his disappointment that while Trump was expressing his gratitude over the mediation, he was also simultaneously planning an attack on Soleimani. That attack took place not long after the telephone call from the president.

There is also the possibility that the US military planners knew nothing about the conversations between Trump and Abdul-Mahdi, and took out Soleimani when the opportunity presented itself.

There may be credence to this, if one follows the narrative which is emerging from defence and intelligence officials in Washington: that the assassination option presented to Trump was bound to be refused, as it had been by his predecessors in the White House. And that there was a desperate scramble to track down Soleimani when, much to their shock, Trump ordered the hit.

What does the Iran crisis mean for Trump’s impeachment?

The existence of the talks between the Saudi and the Iranians and, more importantly, the threat of impending violence, has meant reaction in Riyadh at the killing has been markedly muted.

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, not a stranger to sabre rattling, has sent his younger brother, deputy defence minister Khalid bin Salman, to Washington to urge restraint.

The very real risk of the region becoming a arena for conflict has led to rare cooperation in the stand-off between the Saudi-led Gulf block and Qatar, whose foreign minister was dispatched to Tehran with a similar appeal for calm.

In Tehran, Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani met with Iranian president Hassan Rouhani to discuss “measures to maintain the security and stability of the region,” the state-run Qatar News Agency reported. While in the UAE the foreign minister, Anwar Gargash, called for “rational engagement”, tweeting: “wisdom and balance must prevail.”

As well as being in danger of getting caught in the crossfire of a war between the US and Iran, the Arab states in the region are vulnerable to Tehran’s allied militias – in Lebanon, Yemen, Iraq and Syria. There is concern whether the US, after unleashing a wave of missiles, would do anything when retribution is taken on its partner countries.

The Saudis learned only too clearly last summer that one cannot always depend on American commitment, when drone and missile attacks on oil-processing facilities in the kingdom halved oil production. Trump directly blamed Iran for the attacks but there was no American military response, just as there has not been to the many attacks on the kingdom from the Houthis in Yemen.

In the light of all this Khalid al-Dakhil, a Saudi political sociologist, pointed out: “Saudi Arabia and all the Gulf countries are just quiet. They don’t want to antagonise the Iranians, because the situation in the region is so delicate, so divided, so sensitive, that you don’t want to stir it up further.”

Robert Emerson, a British security analyst, said that it was clear why caution was prevailing. “You don’t know whether Trump will just light the blue touchpaper and then just disappear,” he said. “The Arab states are right to be wary. The talk about Iran and Saudi negotiations is intriguing, further details should be emerging.’’

The Trump administration continues to insist that Soleimani was killed because he was about to launch an imminent terror campaign, without providing any evidence for the assertion. There is increasing scepticism about the claim and the questions are not going to go away. There are too many memories of Saddam Hussein and his non-existent WMD arsenal. The repercussions from the assassination in Baghdad will continue for a very long time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/qassem-soleimani-death-iran-baghdad-middle-east-iraq-saudi-arabia-a9272901.html

Fake News. It has already been debunked.
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Blazebond(m): 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2020
I repeat,please all you iran loving people are free to seek their visas ooo,Una hear,make Una go there and stay,as far as I am concerned,Iran is a terrorist supporting nation.

1 Like

Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
Heffalump:
The question is, did Qassam Soleimani helped in any way to avert the attacks on US embassy in Baghdad when he was still alive? Available proves shows that he rather aided/ abetted and directed the attacks. If he was actually helping the US it wouldn't have gone unnoticed cry
The truth was that this man was going to end ISIS, and ISIS is a product of the US to cause chaos in the middle East. The US needs chaos to sell their weaponry and to steal oil. Forget all this their fight in face level. They're the true terrorists. I wish I can say more, but this is a public forum
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
Befii:
Clearly US wants division in the middle east, so they killed him cause he was trying to make peace.
Fact. They need the chaos and divisions so they can steal oil and sell their weapons
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by seunjungle1(m): 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
Everyone here are just commenting base on their ideas. What do you really know about Iran and US movement? Do you really know the real reason the major general was killed? Do you know the reason Pres. Trump ordered his assassination?

How is it our headache here!
You leave the problem for UN or world power nations to settle their scores.

I know Nigeria govt will be praying for the crisis to escalate now so that the price and the demand for the crude oil can go up...even if it go up, will the general masses benefit from that. 5tupid government
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2020
OhiOfIhima:

Trash! May Allah have mercy on your soul. No matter how bad you painted Islam, you will never succeed in thousands years to come.
I say amen to.your prayer. I'm a Christian but that guy you quoted is a big fool
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
delishpot:
Religion.... Dividing humanity since 00BC
This isn't about religion. It's more about politics
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Kinikini: 2:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
One thing DJT has brought to US is integrity doubt in view of the many mistakes and policy somersaults precipitated by his spontaneity since he assumed office. It will take more than just another US president after DJT to restore the lost trust.

CaptainMeks:
As part of the incendiary and escalating crisis surrounding the assassination of Qassem Soleimani, there has come an explanation of why the Iranian commander was actually in Baghdad when he was targeted by a US missile strike.

Iraq’s prime minister revealed that he was due to be meeting the Iranian commander to discuss moves being made to ease the confrontation between Shia Iran and Sunni Saudi Arabia – the crux of so much of strife in the Middle East and beyond.

Adil Abdul-Mahdi was quite clear: “I was supposed to meet him in the morning the day he was killed, he came to deliver a message from Iran in response to the message we had delivered from the Saudis to Iran.”

The prime minister also disclosed that Donald Trump had called him to ask him to mediate following the attack on the US embassy in Baghdad. According to Iraqi officials contact was made with a number of militias as well as figures in Tehran. The siege of the embassy was lifted and the US president personally thanked Abdul-Mahdi for his help.

There was nothing to suggest to the Iraqis that it was unsafe for Soleimani to travel to Baghdad – quite the contrary. This suggests that Trump helped lure the Iranian commander to a place where he could be killed. It is possible that the president was unaware of the crucial role that Soleimani was playing in the attempted rapprochement with the Saudis. Or that he knew but did not care.

One may even say that it is not in the interest of a president who puts so much emphasis on American arms exports, and whose first official trip after coming to office was a weapons-selling trip to Saudi Arabia – during which he railed against Iran – to have peace break out between the Iranians and the kingdom. But that would be far too cynical a thought.

Abdul-Mahdi spoke of his disappointment that while Trump was expressing his gratitude over the mediation, he was also simultaneously planning an attack on Soleimani. That attack took place not long after the telephone call from the president.

There is also the possibility that the US military planners knew nothing about the conversations between Trump and Abdul-Mahdi, and took out Soleimani when the opportunity presented itself.

There may be credence to this, if one follows the narrative which is emerging from defence and intelligence officials in Washington: that the assassination option presented to Trump was bound to be refused, as it had been by his predecessors in the White House. And that there was a desperate scramble to track down Soleimani when, much to their shock, Trump ordered the hit.

What does the Iran crisis mean for Trump’s impeachment?

The existence of the talks between the Saudi and the Iranians and, more importantly, the threat of impending violence, has meant reaction in Riyadh at the killing has been markedly muted.

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, not a stranger to sabre rattling, has sent his younger brother, deputy defence minister Khalid bin Salman, to Washington to urge restraint.

The very real risk of the region becoming a arena for conflict has led to rare cooperation in the stand-off between the Saudi-led Gulf block and Qatar, whose foreign minister was dispatched to Tehran with a similar appeal for calm.

In Tehran, Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani met with Iranian president Hassan Rouhani to discuss “measures to maintain the security and stability of the region,” the state-run Qatar News Agency reported. While in the UAE the foreign minister, Anwar Gargash, called for “rational engagement”, tweeting: “wisdom and balance must prevail.”

As well as being in danger of getting caught in the crossfire of a war between the US and Iran, the Arab states in the region are vulnerable to Tehran’s allied militias – in Lebanon, Yemen, Iraq and Syria. There is concern whether the US, after unleashing a wave of missiles, would do anything when retribution is taken on its partner countries.

The Saudis learned only too clearly last summer that one cannot always depend on American commitment, when drone and missile attacks on oil-processing facilities in the kingdom halved oil production. Trump directly blamed Iran for the attacks but there was no American military response, just as there has not been to the many attacks on the kingdom from the Houthis in Yemen.

In the light of all this Khalid al-Dakhil, a Saudi political sociologist, pointed out: “Saudi Arabia and all the Gulf countries are just quiet. They don’t want to antagonise the Iranians, because the situation in the region is so delicate, so divided, so sensitive, that you don’t want to stir it up further.”

Robert Emerson, a British security analyst, said that it was clear why caution was prevailing. “You don’t know whether Trump will just light the blue touchpaper and then just disappear,” he said. “The Arab states are right to be wary. The talk about Iran and Saudi negotiations is intriguing, further details should be emerging.’’

The Trump administration continues to insist that Soleimani was killed because he was about to launch an imminent terror campaign, without providing any evidence for the assertion. There is increasing scepticism about the claim and the questions are not going to go away. There are too many memories of Saddam Hussein and his non-existent WMD arsenal. The repercussions from the assassination in Baghdad will continue for a very long time.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/qassem-soleimani-death-iran-baghdad-middle-east-iraq-saudi-arabia-a9272901.html
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Heffalump(m): 2:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

The truth was that this man was going to end ISIS, and ISIS is a product of the US to cause chaos in the middle East. The US needs chaos to sell their weaponry and to steal oil. Forget all this their fight in face level. They're the true terrorists. I wish I can say more, but this is a public forum

You people should stop blaming the US for baseless reasons of selling weapons and stealing oil (they are rich in oil already, unless you're ignorant of this). The fundamental reason why the US is so much hated is "Religion".
The US of A remains a very strong force against the escalation and propagation of Islamic tenets round the world, which is akin to human right violation, terrorism, and warfare. The greatest propagation of terrorism in the world today is executed by Islamic elements and fundamentalists.
Even, Nigeria your country is not totally free from the violent ideas propagated by this so called Islamic fundamentalists in our midst. America remains a stabilizer and beacon of hope for other religions in the face of this evil called "Islam".

1 Like

Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Chukazu: 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
America made a grave error by removing Saddam Hussain from power...he was like an attack Dog against Iranian regime . America never needed to to fight Iran with Saddam Hussain in power. Iranians were more weary of Saddam than America

1 Like

Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
Heffalump:

You people should stop blaming the US for baseless reasons of selling weapons and stealing oil (they are rich in oil already, unless you're ignorant of this). The fundamental reason why the US is so much hated is "Religion".
The US of A remains a very strong force against the escalation and propagation of Islamic tenets round the world, which is akin to human right violation, terrorism, and warfare. The greatest propagation of terrorism in the world today is executed by Islamic elements and fundamentalists.
Even, Nigeria your country is not totally free from the violent ideas propagated by this so called but Islamic fundamentalists in our midst. America remains a stabilizer and hope for other religions in the face of this evil called "Islam".
You've been brainwashed with western propaganda. I would love to explain more but I'm busy right now
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Tylerbreeze(m): 3:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
amstamon:

Na bomb dey ur head. U no even say make u put phone number and ur school ID card so ur helper fit contact u to ask further question, na acct number straight u just put. Iffa slap u ehn? U go follow Qassem Soleimani go heaven
sorry ..my number is 07013756804
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Chukazu: 3:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

How do you steal oil when you are the largest producer
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by adenigga(m): 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
post=85610773:

SAY NO TO TERRORISTS.

SAY NO TO TERRORISM.

Let's make love, not war!

Peace is all we want in the WORLD.

Hmmmmnnn!!!!

Can there be Peace?
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2020
Chukazu:

How do you steal oil when you are the largest producer
I really don't want to talk about the dynamics of the crude oil trade. That's a while different chapter.
the major reason who this man was taken out was that his activities were going to bring peace to the middle East, and the US doesn't need that.
Please do your unbiased research, and leave western media off the research. Western news agencies are propaganda tools used by the US
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by kelvindj98: 3:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
FemiMaduka:

I won't engage you. "Iraqi rebels" you said. Who has been financing and controlling Hezbollah, Houthis and other rebel groups to attack Saudi [Wahabi], Israeli and American interests in the region? In Nigeria, who is the patron of the non-violent IMN [Shi'ite]?

What do you think is the crux of the whole talk about Iran proxy wars?

Be guided.

P.S.: Fox news is reporting that Iran is refusing to handover the two blackboxes from the crashed Ukrainian airplane that went down in Iran. It is suspected that Iranian air defence forces downed the civilian plane.

You guys need to stop taking the sympathy too far. Iran is not without blood on its hands [just like the U.S.].

I'm only refuting your claim that Americans died in that protest. No one died. FOX, CNN MSNBC are all propaganda networks for their individual base.
So I usually take their reports with a grain of salt.
The Middle-East is a chaotic mess and the number one contributor of this is the USA.
This Iranian government that so much hates the US is a result of the US toppling a religious moderate Iranian government in the 50s just because they refused to give them access to Iranian oil.
That govt being toppled led to the rise in power of the present religious extremists.
So if the USA like they should invade Iran, it will only breed more extremism.
How has US interventions in Lybia, Iraq, Afghanistan gone. Those countries are even more dangerous than they were before.
That's how he US used the media to feed the world lies that Assad (a moderate Muslim that actually protects Syrian Christians) had chemical weapons.
Do you know used that as an excuse to arm extremists in Syria to fight Assad. It was Russia that came to Assad's aid.
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Moniya4Real(m): 3:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Fact of the Matter is That the Sanctions on Iran by the USA crippled Iran and its officials..

Iranian igc are known to fight through their proxies ..

Iran is a nation with Some great citizens but Extremists jihadist leaders.. Their Hatred for Isreal is out of this World...

Jerusalem ( The city of David) is the Target.. but it's in vain..

Most of the Fights you see in the Middle East is what I Term " The Hands of Esau but the voice of Jacob"

Hezebollah
PMF
Hamas
Yemenis fighters
Are all proxies of iran..

The Blowing up of Saudi Aramco was purely the Iran Igc..

The Killing of the American contractor in Iraq was purely the Iran igc

The Destruction of the USA embassy in Iraq by The PMF was the Hand of Iran..

General Suleiman was with Vice Commander of PMF when they were targeted !

Iran Greatest Enemies is Isreal...

The sight of Isreal runs their leaders mad..

Their Issue with American is because of the US support for Isreal
Haba! Bros, you seem to know more than Pompeo o
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by modsfucker: 3:31pm On Jan 08, 2020
toluleke:
It is so clear even from the on-set that trump just wanted to save his impeachment saga and divert the attention of the world to other things. Why won't you want shiite Muslim to practice their religion. Americans should vote trump out he is a menace to the society with his attitude of hate on Blacks, Muslims and immigrant. Threaten a nation of destroying their historical sites isn't that terrorism? boasting of arms and weapons you build and you don't want others to acquire same weapons cos u afraid of it been abusive. No regards for the sovereignty of a nation. Obama ordered osama bin laden been caught alive or dead why can't trump do the same then if there is a struggle you take him out why outright killing.

Saudi Arabian is a problem to the world same thing they are doing in Yemen Syria and Nigeria (El-zaky)

I'm a Muslim but I distaste Saudi with passion... They're only after the sustenance of their paradise on the earth at all cost, even if it means sacrificing their hitherto sacrosanct religious beliefs.
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Kinikini: 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
And you that debunked the news is also without authentic source and have no access to intelligence sources.

Xisnin:
Don't be fooled by the source.
This is not proper news from independent. This is a propaganda opinion written by a pro-Iranian columnist.

No. The commander is a diehard Shiite militant.
He wasn't in Iraq to discuss peace, he was there to meet with rebel top commanders.
The prime minister should have at least name the Saudi General who also came for peace
but since such General does not exist, he surely can't be named.
This is 2020, Generals are never used for peace negotiations as they have vested interest in
war. If Iran was interested in peace, it would have sent a diplomat, not a warmonger.

Saudi will never reach out to Iran for peace because they are no fools.
They are both interested in middle east dominance and there can only be one winner.
Besides, no country negotiates peace in an enemy territory. Iraqi government is largely
beholden to Iran via the Shiite ties. Saudi would have to be dumb to propose a peace meeting
via the Iraqi government.
There will only be peace when it becomes too costly to fight.

The fact that you can call terrorists to order via proxy proves that Iran indeed ordered the embassy attack via its militia wing.
Soliemani killings was a revenge for the embassy attack.
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by GFELOG2018: 3:41pm On Jan 08, 2020
I Laughed at so many comments here .I just got back from Isreal and I can tell you they are not even perturbed about the current crisis.Business is going on as usual and my few questions to them about fears of any imminent attacks were met by wave of their hands.
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Xisnin(m): 3:53pm On Jan 08, 2020
Kinikini:
And you that debunked the news is also without authentic source and have no access to intelligence sources.

It is not a piece of news, stop calling it one.
What I wrote in response is facts mixed with opinion.
However, any averagely intelligent person can tell whether an opinion has merits
or is mere propaganda and conspiracy theories.

Just name one General that negotiates peace in modern times.
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
Dpharisee:
Killing that Iranian general has created a lot of headache for Trump, non of his allies is openly standing by him. It was simply a stupid decision that was done without consulting US Generals and those in Congress with military background, Trump dodged the draft to Vietnam war by claiming he was suffering from bone spurs, buts it's easy to send other people's children to war for the benefit of the military industrial complex.

Russia is now offering Iraq S-400 missile defence which can shoot down US aircrafts and missiles and the reality is that those air defence systems will go to Iran through Iraq by proxy without Russia angering US.

Putin has been silent about this crisis as the master strategist that he is, Putin celebrated orthodox Christmas in Damascus yesterday and donated an antique Koran from Russia to the Ummayad Mosque in Syria and painting of the blessed Virgin Man to the Patriarch of Antioch the earliest Christian church.

While I admire Trump for what he has achieved for the US economy, this time he is reducing himself to a local bully in the eyes of the world.
The guy he murdered was a Govt official of a legitimate UN recognised Govt and he violated Iraqi sovereignty in the act with a flimsy excuse of intention to kill Americans. It implies that anyone can wake up and murder another person just by thinking that the person plans in his heart to kill him/her.

Right now, US is in a fix whether to retaliate against Iran for the attacks on US airbases, if they do, Iran has threatened it will bomb Dubai, UAE and Haifa Israel where US has bases and these countries could drawn into a wider war
Here is my forcast analysis of the yet to be war if it would ever surfaced. If a third world war should break out, the USA would become history like a fierce lion being devoured minutes by minutes by a pack of jackals and wild dogs in their hundreds. This is exactly how the narratives will go, Iran would strike and the USA would strike back. In other to avenge the scar of the USSR dissolution, Russia would follow a in the strike against the USA and North Korea would seize the opportunity to take it pounds of flesh of the USA, to the USA greatest disapointment, Germany will launch its attack against the USA, France will follow its sister European war giant which is Germany.

After Germany and France alliance against the USA, the fate of the USA loss would have been ceded and USA would only be left with a few pockets of losers alliance. Countries would turn against each other and alot of the USA allies would drop by 98% switching side to the winning Iranian and Russian allies like the Nigerian politician cross carpeting from PDP to APC. Israel and UK and a few other powerless and common wealth countries would try to stay with the USA and the UK but would all lose along with their derobed big brother countries such as The USA & UK. The final game changer will come when China and India will come against the USA for their pounds of flesh in the share of the fall of the mighty and in less than 1 to 2 years, the USA would be be reduced to dust and rubble. Even Japan, Saudi, The Emirates will all fail the USA.... The title would surely be, "How has the mighty fallen."

The reason most enlightened countries of the world would rally against the USA is this, aside the politics of Russia and China to wrestle for world power from the USA, Iran is the mother of all country, religion and civilization long before the advent of the Egyptians power, the Christianity and Islam as a set of world religion. The Story of the garden of Eden, first family union of mankind history as recorded in religious books with the Garden of Eden was traced to Isfahan the new day and contemporary Iran and the history of the Assyrians, Persians and Babylonians were all traced to Iran. Except your an enemy of mother nature and enemy of history or mother earth would you sit back and fold your arms and watch the USA droup its nuclear bomb on iran as it did on Hiroshima and Nagasaki of Japan on the 6th & 9th of August 1945. German alliance will always remain the small game changer before the Chinese alliance as the secondary game changer. I am a christian but talking from a square perspective
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by OhiOfIhima: 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:

I say amen to.your prayer. I'm a Christian but that guy you quoted is a big fool

Thanks brother.. Look, I respect Christianity a lot because I have all my siblings wit my parent in it. I can never hate them.

We have no power to judge someone faith and believe, that was tought in Islam.

Terrorisms global was created by western world and the elites for their selfish interest. It is an act to be condemn by all sphere regardless of your faith, ethnicity, Nations, etc
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by mamapidgin: 4:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Fact of the Matter is That the Sanctions on Iran by the USA crippled Iran and its officials..

Iranian igc are known to fight through their proxies ..

Iran is a nation with Some great citizens but Extremists jihadist leaders.. Their Hatred for Isreal is out of this World...

Jerusalem ( The city of David) is the Target.. but it's in vain..

Most of the Fights you see in the Middle East is what I Term " The Hands of Esau but the voice of Jacob"

Hezebollah
PMF
Hamas
Yemenis fighters
Are all proxies of iran..

The Blowing up of Saudi Aramco was purely the Iran Igc..

The Killing of the American contractor in Iraq was purely the Iran igc

The Destruction of the USA embassy in Iraq by The PMF was the Hand of Iran..

General Suleiman was with Vice Commander of PMF when they were targeted !

Iran Greatest Enemies is Isreal...

The sight of Isreal runs their leaders mad..

Their Issue with American is because of the US support for Isreal

You have some insight but is more complex than that...Is all about economic protectionism... u can google the jugular of world trade, the straight of hermuit and you will get full insight inti the breaming war.
Re: The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is by toluleke(m): 4:33pm On Jan 08, 2020
modsfucker:

I'm a Muslim but I distaste Saudi with passion... They're only after the sustenance of their paradise on the earth at all cost, even if it means sacrificing their hitherto sacrosanct religious beliefs.
I am a Christian but Humanity first before Religion. Lives are lost is the most important thing Enough of Jungle justice by Americans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Florida High School Shooting That Killed 17 And Injured 50 More / Barack Obama's Daughters, Sasha & Malia Enjoy An Afternoon Stroll / Teenager Who Beheaded French Teacher Gets Hero's Funeral, Street Named After Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.