Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? (2272 Views)

I Need A Nodejs Or Fullstack Mentor / Best Machine Learning Course|machine Learning Online Training / Artificial Intelligence And Machine Learning Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 08, 2020
I intend to become a machine learning engineer but I am really confused right now. First I don't really know the professional path to go through either to become a ML engineer as a data scientist or as a software engineer. Then there is the factor of the low demand of ML engineers in the country and the high demand for Fullstack developers and job availability for them. Please I need your advice guys on this

PS: I already have an extensive knowledge in Front-end web development and I am also good with Python.
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by talk2hb1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 08, 2020
LostAddict:
I intend to become a machine learning engineer but I am really confused right now. First I don't really know the professional path to go through either to become a ML engineer as a data scientist or as a software engineer. Then there is the factor of the low demand of ML engineers in the country and the high demand for Fullstack developers and job availability for them. Please I need your advice guys on this

PS: I already have an extensive knowledge in Front-end web development and I am also good with Python.
If you can feed yourself for now, and cater for all your needs then wait till the ML market has matured enough or you can target foreign market
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 08, 2020
Is there job opportunity for ML dev in Nigeria?
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
2kaybiel:
Is there job opportunity for ML dev in Nigeria?

Not really sure bro, you hardly see openings for ML Engineers, what companies want in Nigeria are mainly fullstack dev, software dev and data scientists.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by AIIyIic(f): 11:44am On Jan 09, 2020
LostAddict:

Check your mention. I just mentioned u on a thread. You'll thank your stars i saw your post. Just check and contact
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by peterincredible: 2:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
op you are thinking just like me i want to be a full stack engineer and also an ml engineer i think nigeria is not yet ripe dor this skills set but i think u can be both hear is my path i am a fullstack engineer using (react,nodejs and mongodb) so the plan is since ml is not yet ripe i will start looking for a job as a fullstack engineer then when i get the job i wil start learning ml small small then at the side find a way to run to canada this my plan is a 3 years plan so what u need to do is
1. learn python and any sql database
2. learn django,html,css,and javascript
3. get a job with it so u start making money
4. when comfortable with python and django then learn linear algebra,
5. learn multivariant calculus,
6. learn statistics and probability
7. then start with andrew ng coursera course on ml
8. work on projects and when u are their either if nigerian companies have started looking for ml enginer then u apply if not either u freelance or u leave the country this will take u tym sha maybe 2 year or 3 but anyway learn learn learn

as for me am already learning linear algebra and ml prerequisite i pray by the time i get to no 8 on the list i would have left this country i pray so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
peterincredible:
op you are thinking just like me i want to be a full stack engineer and also an ml engineer i think nigeria is not yet ripe dor this skills set but i think u can be both hear is my path i am a fullstack engineer using (react,nodejs and mongodb) so the plan is since ml is not yet ripe i will start looking for a job as a fullstack engineer then when i get the job i wil start learning ml small small then at the side find a way to run to canada this my plan is a 3 years plan so what u need to do is
8. work on projects and when u are their either if nigerian companies have started looking for ml enginer then u apply if not either u freelance or u leave the country this will take u tym sha maybe 2 year or 3 but anyway learn learn learn

as for me am already learning linear algebra and ml prerequisite i pray by the time i get to no 8 on the list i would have left this country i pray so

Thanks bro. I already know Python and most of the Front-end, so it seems I will continue from where that stops on your list then probably hope for a job to help fuel my quest for ML dev.
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
AIIyIic:

Check your mention. I just mentioned u on a thread. You'll thank your stars i saw your post. Just check and contact

Thanks for the mention @Allylic but somehow data sciencee and the process involved isn't really my thing, I only wanted to learn it if it was a prerequisite for ML engineering.
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by AIIyIic(f): 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
LostAddict:

Thanks for the mention @Allylic but somehow data sciencee and the process involved isn't really my thing, I only wanted to learn it if it was a prerequisite for ML engineering.

Y not contact them. I still feel all of them are inter twined.
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
AIIyIic:

Y not contact them. I still feel all of them are inter twined.

No problem, I will do just that. thanks for the reply
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by martinz1: 7:30pm On Jan 13, 2020
peterincredible:
op you are thinking just like me i want to be a full stack engineer and also an ml engineer i think nigeria is not yet ripe dor this skills set but i think u ake u tym sha maybe 2 year or 3 but anyway learn learn learn

please how good are u with django framework, im currently learning with hope of leaning javascipt after django,, but the django seems to quite large with a lot to cover , do u currently work with any it firm based that, if possible to chart u for some guidance
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by DualCore1: 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
Just learn to be a good programmer and don't over think what tools to work with. When you've gotten a good grip on programming, challenge yourself to take on a new tool or tech (e.g React, Node, Git etc) and just know how it works. You can be an all-rounder. Know a little bit of every technology presently in demand and create small projects with those technologies that you can showcase. ...and please don't limit yourself to Nigeria (na beg I dey beg you), if its possible exclude Nigeria from your target customer base.

Tools will come and go, the concept of programming will always remain the same.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by peterincredible: 8:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
martinz1:

please how good are u with django framework, im currently learning with hope of leaning javascipt after django,, but the django seems to quite large with a lot to cover , do u currently work with any it firm based that, if possible to chart u for some guidance
bros to be frank my stack is the mern stack(nodejs,react,mongodb,express) so i use mainly javascript,html,css3 and bootstrap but i learnt python last year nov, december cause i need it for a project presently i am learning scrapy cause i want to use it to scrap some website and use django as backend but i havent learnt django till maybe febuary or mid march am not in a rush what i am currently doing is add more app to my portfolio and presently looking for a web developer job
and as for the marchine learning it is a year plan for me so haven learn python i am currently taking a course on linear algebra and statistics by maybe the end of this year i will be doing my first marchine learning project but am just doing it small small no be rush

and to be honest with u for now i neva learn django i hope say u no dey use books or bdf learn sha abeg use videos to learn ooo it will make ure learning fast then when u finish just pick any small project and work that is when every thing u learn will stick more in your head and ure understanding of it deepens peace

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by martinz1: 9:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
peterincredible:
bros to be frank my stack is the mern stack(nodejs,react,mongodb,express) so i use mainly javascript,html,css3 and bootstrap but i learnt python last year nov, december cause i need it for a project presently i am learning scrapy cause i want to use it to scrap some website and use django as backend but i havent learnt django till maybe febuary or mid march am not in a rush what i am currently doing is add more app to my portfolio and presently looking for a web developer job
and as for the marchine learning it is a year plan for me so haven learn python i am currently taking a course on linear algebra and statistics by maybe the end of this year i will be doing my first marchine learning project but am just doing it small small no be rush

and to be honest with u for now i neva learn django i hope say u no dey use books or bdf learn sha abeg use videos to learn ooo it will make ure learning fast then when u finish just pick any small project and work that is when every thing u learn will stick more in your head and ure understanding of it deepens peace
ok bro
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by abdeiz(m): 7:55am On Jan 18, 2020
if i may ask, is it that easy getting web developer jobs just like that? Especially in Nigeria

peterincredible:

Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by abdeiz(m): 7:56am On Jan 18, 2020
Do you mean to say Freelancing is a better way to earn your bucks if you are living in Nigeria?

DualCore1:
Just learn to be a good programmer and don't over think what tools to work with. When you've gotten a good grip on programming, challenge yourself to take on a new tool or tech (e.g React, Node, Git etc) and just know how it works. You can be an all-rounder. Know a little bit of every technology presently in demand and create small projects with those technologies that you can showcase. ...and please don't limit yourself to Nigeria (na beg I dey beg you), if its possible exclude Nigeria from your target customer base.

Tools will come and go, the concept of programming will always remain the same.

Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by peterincredible: 11:56am On Jan 18, 2020
abdeiz:
if i may ask, is it that easy getting web developer jobs just like that? Especially in Nigeria

nope not easy oo you will face alot of rejection from companies am presently in that stage looking for a job too
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by abdeiz(m): 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2020
peterincredible:
nope not easy oo you will face alot of rejection from companies am presently in that stage looking for a job too

That's not encouraging. That's why I see lots of garbage job description. They know competition is stiff and take advantage to exploit job seekers.
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by peterincredible: 5:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
abdeiz:

That's not encouraging. That's why I see lots of garbage job description. They know competition is stiff and take advantage to exploit job seekers.
the love for it is what keeps many going some programmers here on nairaland has started their on successfull online business eg the owner of vouguepay payment gateway is a nairalander and many like that i know that i will see job but i just do it for the love of it

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by abdeiz(m): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2020
peterincredible:
the love for it is what keeps many going some programmers here on nairaland has started their on successfull online business eg the owner of vouguepay payment gateway is a nairalander and many like that i know that i will see job but i just do it for the love of it

Wow.. That's really cool. BTW do you have any tips for us newbies apart from love of coding. Regards to cv and portfolio preparation and networking. Thanks
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by peterincredible: 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2020
abdeiz:

Wow.. That's really cool. BTW do you have any tips for us newbies apart from love of coding. Regards to cv and portfolio preparation and networking. Thanks
baba just start working on simple simple projects oo

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by DualCore1: 12:51am On Jan 19, 2020
abdeiz:
Do you mean to say Freelancing is a better way to earn your bucks if you are living in Nigeria?

You can choose to freelance, you can choose to work for a firm. Most will start by freelancing and get a couple of projects to build their portfolio and build their experience too.They can then start applying for jobs in (UK, US and Canada) as remote developers.

Whatever choice you make, just make sure you can show your range of abilities by the projects you have created and you don't have to wait to be ready before you start applying for jobs (we learn everyday and will never stop learning) so there isn't really anything like the perfect time. The time is now.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by peterincredible: 7:44am On Jan 19, 2020
DualCore1:

You can choose to freelance, you can choose to work for a firm. Most will start by freelancing and get a couple of projects to build their portfolio and build their experience too.They can then start applying for jobs in (UK, US and Canada) as remote developers.

Whatever choice you make, just make sure you can show your range of abilities by the projects you have created and you don't have to wait to be ready before you start applying for jobs (we learn everyday and will never stop learning) so there isn't really anything like the perfect time. The time is now.
bros i really need a job as a fullstack developer or pls show me the rope in frerlancing anyone i will be fully commited
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by abdeiz(m): 9:09am On Jan 19, 2020
DualCore1:

Wow.. Very insightful sir. Thank you
Re: Which Is Best Machine Learning Engineer Or Fullstack Developer? by abbenism001(m): 1:20am On Jan 18, 2022
Thanks for the info

peterincredible:

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed In Java Programming Assignment Please!!!!! / (SOLVED) How To Delete *this* In Debian Linux (pic Included) / Jarminal - Java Interactive Shell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.