Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer (1049 Views)

What Programming Languages Do You Know? / What Programming Language Can I Use To Achieve This? / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer by 9jaflintblowz: 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hello I want to go into programming but I don't know the language I should learn first. Please help me out I want to know the one I can use to start and be a great programmer.

Please give help
Re: What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer by bedfordng(m): 5:44pm On Jan 08, 2020
9jaflintblowz:
Hello I want to go into programming but I don't know the language I should learn first. Please help me out I want to know the one I can use to start and be a great programmer.

Please give help
although i am not a programmer but it all depends on what you want to major at. either web development, desktop application, mobile applications etc. this will determine what to start with. for web development, you cab Start with JavaScript, node.js, php if you want to use WordPress and other cms, laraval framework.

as for desktop app, you can learn c#, java, python etc.

as for materials to use for learning, you can watch video tutorials on most of the programming languages I have mentioned. I also have vast collections of complete video tutorials courses made by top foreign authors on programming ranging from python, php, java, JavaScript, nodejs, laraval, c#, react, etc.

I do store it in flash drive and send to those who bought it via courier service. its not expensive compare to if you want to download yourself.
Re: What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 09, 2020
Dont go to CSS or HTML first. Never in your life as a beginner choose any of these start with C#(Object Oriented) or C(procedural) learn how to programming and learn about data structures first before moving on to those so called programming languages.
Re: What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ausrichie:
Dont go to CSS or HTML first. Never in your life as a beginner choose any of these start with C#(Object Oriented) or C(procedural) learn how to programming and learn about data structures first before moving on to those so called programming languages.
Why for me I started with HTML CSS
Re: What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer by Maskyy(m): 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
9jaflintblowz:

Please give help
i will repost the same post i wrote in a thread

Everyone wants to handle a section or service on the web. that's cool. the web is damn wide for all to get a space.

I am a web guy from the web development section and frontend practically and backend for security. (Lover of React and nextJs)... NO EGO(just me).
if you are a beginner and confuse, worry less it is normal cus there is a lot of info, lang, framework/library online. so its confusion already. I am a learner too, every web personnel out there is forever learner. its a thing of mental disturbance sometimes(quoted a poster from the comments here)...lol grin
have explained this on some thread but will do it again here.

I will focus on web development.
Web development is of two sections primarily;
FrontEnd Developer
BackEnd Developer

1. FrontEnd Dev.
This is the beginning of the web and mostly a Web developer (not primarily the start of web cus you need to understand how the web wotk e.g HTTP, www... etc). but not everyone wants to be a frontEnd dev. but there is a need to have little knowledge of how things run in this section (e.g like Html, basic CSS).
now what a Frontend dev must know as a beginner
1. HTML
2. CSS
3. Javascript
4. Control version (am a fan of Github)....... this is very important for both frontend and backend dev. I have a detailed Ebook on GitHub as a CV.
There is bootstrap but forget it until you are good with CSS.
Graphics design knowledge is an advantage but not a must.

best resource. (ebook and online) I love so far.
https://javascript.info/
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web (after reading the whole page, click Installing basic software and move on reading).
https://w3schools.com

after learning intensively the beginner lists I made. its time to choose a Javascript framework/library (it's for frontend ).

Have you heard that the framework is the machine? Framework/library makes it easier to develop a web app by writing pieces of code and link them together to make one powerful app. not compulsory to build all projects with framework or library E.g calculator, converter, static page. But building them with frame/library increases your confidence in it.

Frontend dev has their js framework and library used for UI rendering just as backend as theirs.

The popular ones are; don't mind the order of the list
1. Angular. (framework)
2. Reactjs (library) (nextJs and likes of others for server rendering--- still a frontend tool use with reactjs )
3. Vuejs (library)
......others not mention.

2. Backend Developers
The backend dev deals with logic, dynamic, security (frontend also deals with this when they work with js framework/library).
They know little of the frontend and have tools for interacting with UI and logics at the back.

Framework and Languages for backend respectively. --(framework are in bracket and lang with no bracket except ASP.NET with its lang. inside bracket).
laravel is the framework(PHP)
Django(python)
Express (Node.js/JavaScript)
ASP.NET (supported .NET language (C#, Visual Basic, etc.))
Flask (Python)
Ruby on Rails (Ruby)
Mojolicious (Perl)
Spring Boot (Java)

.... first 4 on the list are worth it. check this https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Server-side/First_steps/Web_frameworks to know factors to consider before choosing a framework.
.....................................................................................................
Control version (eg Github) is very important for all programmers.

for well comprehensive and practicing ebook and videos on FrontEnd and BackEnd Dev, beep me. check my signATURE to reach me. hope I make someone smile with career direction now in web dev.

there are some tools I don't mention, I don't want to derails you from your basic learning but as you learn you will know e.g Codepen(just like your note-keeper on fone).
Get a LinkedIn account and showcase your project when its time. you will know the time yourself.

yah.. if you have both dev section skill. GBAM.. you are a full stack developer (need to know some packages which I did not mention but trust me, on your way of learning the skill, you will surely meet them and forcefully learn them. grin, the guy that said is mental stuff will now understand the definition of that mental stress.... this happens only at the beginning).

cool HAPPy coding
Re: What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2020
operationmoses:

Why for me I started with HTML CSS
There is nothing like algorithms or data structures in HTML high guys in programming look down on it. I myself don't consider it a programming language they are for designing web pages not programming.

1 Like

Re: What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer by Maskyy(m): 7:57pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ausrichie:

There is nothing like algorithms or data structures in HTML high guys in programming look down on it. I myself don't consider it a programming language they are for designing web pages not programming.

There is nothing like algorithms or data structures in HTML ---- yo right on this.

I myself don't consider it a programming language they are for designing web pages, not programming. -- for this. yo right too. HTML is a Hypertext lang. for structuring content on the web while CSS is for styling the content. Without Html and CSS, no well-defined structure for web content with style.
Re: What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer by Maskyy(m): 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ausrichie:

don't be confused with comments here. I saw your interest in web from your post.

https://www.nairaland.com/5500850/internet-stuff and one other one.

basic to the web is HTML. so you need to start with it.
Re: What Programming Language Can I Use To Start As A New Programmer by Hostermipo(m): 8:02am On Jan 11, 2020
Ausrichie:

html and CSS may not be a programming language, but it is very very good point to start your programming career, besides I haven't met any programmer that doesn't know html and Css, it will let get familiarised with basic tags, principles and some coding experience, it is a very soft point to start... alot of people saying OP should start with node JS, JavaScript e.tc. I don't how easy that will be without understanding html and CSS... starting with high end languages will frustrate you easily, because anybody that will teach you any code will expect you to have atleast acquired a bit of knowledge in html and CSS. u might not find your programming journey interesting if you don't start from the absolute beginning, although you don't have to spend much time on it but just learn the basics, then proceed learn other things u wish to learn

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Explanation Here Pls / Please How Do I Convert My Power Bi Visual Dashboards To Images For Power Point / Challenge For Excel Users/enthusiast And All Distinguished Data Analyst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.