Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump (88473 Views)

US Wants Stricter UN Sanctions Against North Korea After Missile Launch / Russian Missile Strikes On Kharkiv Central Freedom Square, Residential District / Trump Vows More Powerful Sanctions Against Iran After Missile Attacks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Wene31: 5:15am On Jan 09, 2020
dukeprince50:
Trump was just talking, if he had tried it with Nigeria, we would have sent our AK47 soldiers to America now.
We are not just giant of Africa for show. We go other countries to keep peace
When I see Nigeria soldiers still flaunting that AK47 rifles, I feel embarrassed
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by wirinet(m): 5:27am On Jan 09, 2020
falopey:

The report was made to their gullible citizens just to save face and after they had already signaled to American troops through Iraqi government that their base would be bombed that night. Then all American troops evacuated before the bomb.

However, Iran has to tell some lies to its people to pacify them of course
And you think Trump did not save face?
This is what Trump said just one day before the attacks;
“Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.... targeted 52 Iranian sites, some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD,

Trump never specify American lives, he said any Americans or American interests.

I said it from the beginning, the crisis is all demo, to whip up emotional sentiments. Both Trump and Khomeini's popularity were waning at home and both need an audio crisis to rally the people around their leader. Both Trump and Khomeini are not ready to fight an actual war, the proxy war is achieving all their aims. I became convinced Trump does not want to fight a war, after the Iranians shot down a US drone about 3 months ago. Trump threatened fire and brimstone (as usual) but stood down because over 150 Iranian (not american) lives will be involved.

2 Likes

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Timekeeper: 6:02am On Jan 09, 2020
360command:
Imagine someone killing your sibling and you knowing. That person who did that came out to claim responsibility with no feeling of remorse. What will you do?

Remember that ur sibling too was responsible for the death of many and was also planning to take more... So better for him to die off

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by sunshine1974(m): 6:54am On Jan 09, 2020
Aside Terrorism these mo fucckers don't have anything to offer. Another thing worthy of note is that they are cowards, yea you heard me right, cowards!!! After all the death to America chant, and warning of proportionate retaliation, all they could do was to go and bomb some empty base without any US casualty, not even an injury was reported. They know the consequences if they try nonsense. Person when pass you pass you.

Cowards!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by LegacyB: 6:54am On Jan 09, 2020
dukeprince50:
Trump was just talking, if he had tried it with Nigeria, we would have sent our AK47 soldiers to America now.
very dry joke. Join the military and see how easy it is to crack this joke.
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by sunshine1974(m): 6:57am On Jan 09, 2020
seangy4konji:
You can be rest assured that it might not be one month from now,1 year from now or trump in power..

Iran will have its revenge when USA least expected it for killing its general without any proof..

What trump did was bad..if you accuse so.eobe of wrong doing,a whole general of an army?you should back it up with proof instead of killing him on the street..the general would gladly accepted to be hlbeheaded or die with a bullet than be killed by USA srobe with no proof..

Trump is a sissy,bully and has low self esteem even join

They will still pay.

PS..I watches the speech live now NAD feon the tone of trump? He never expected irna could even fire a missile at them.he toned down saying rubbish of his w USA wants good for Iran as a country and citizens..which countey USA wants good for?u ever see any could try they lay their foot on if not to milk the host you try?even Nigeria you pay visa fee of thousand. Processing hotel and all you do. Soebd 4 hundred thousand under 3 minutes them go refuse you keep your money join..

Use our money buy suv and plant flower.

Why he no go bomb the 52 sites as he saidode. Brother weh mumu
you are a coward just as your pay masters Iran. Bloody Shiite. You think we don't know you ba
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by sunshine1974(m): 6:59am On Jan 09, 2020
My happiness is that God did not place world powers in the hands of these Islamic terrorist nations, if not na so dem for dey wipe out any nation wen mess up.

God never makes mistakes. The highest they can offer is terrorism. Fools

1 Like

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by wonuks(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2020
Mouthgag:

No one will patronize your fake website business.
You have just proven not to be reasonable...
How is it fake? And how's my opinion unreasonable? Did my comment remove food from your table?
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by luluosas(m): 7:17am On Jan 09, 2020
They had no option in the first place
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by candelahria(f): 7:22am On Jan 09, 2020
You can rest for now.World War 3 will still happen.It is inevitable.It is part of the game plan.
mvem:
World war 3 people are disappointed...so make we rest now
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 09, 2020
dukeprince50:
u don kolo
i swear
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by loswhite(m): 7:57am On Jan 09, 2020
360command:
he is innocent in this matter. Someone who is leading in the fight against ISIS in iraq. Someone who is trying to mediate peace..

The crowd present at his funeral, even Escober did not attract such crowd . The death of boko haram leader , did not attract such crowd.. if you good, the people will speak for you. And we can see it today. You will then tell me if he was guilty or not.. keep following the white media.
please which media are you following? In your head the media you are following tell the true story while the white media are always telling lies...
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by shomutuski(m): 8:25am On Jan 09, 2020
DaBullIT:
iran is still loosing though , cars and two people died in US strike

grin

as stupid as this may sound , The earthquake is not ordinary , neither is the plane crash , i am thinking EMP and HAARP / DAARPA weapons and for Trump to say or think Iran is backing down, maybe Trump is satisfied that Iran has seen '' FILM'' and they have GENTLED

anyways we don't pray for war , choose Love and peace , not war

God bless us all

Wetin u suppose use start, you use am end. Everyone is picking sides!!! Even Nigerians sef they join.
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by lordsharks(m): 8:35am On Jan 09, 2020
DaBullIT:

grin

as stupid as this may sound , The earthquake is not ordinary , neither is the plane crash , i am thinking EMP and HAARP / DAARPA weapons and for Trump to say or think Iran is backing down, maybe Trump is satisfied that Iran has seen '' FILM'' and they have GENTLED

God bless us all

Your head dey there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by nurudeen181(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2020
but why isnt anyone asking for pictures or videos of the minimal damages acclaimed by the US president...atleast IRAN was able to show a satelite image of destruction....an Iraq media outlet also spoke about siren and helicopters take of...an Isreali media also spoke about wonded personel brought for treatments
..whats going on....
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by TinyHacker: 8:43am On Jan 09, 2020
dukeprince50:
see this goat
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Ayobami7(m): 9:05am On Jan 09, 2020
noted
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by mvem(m): 9:09am On Jan 09, 2020
candelahria:
You can rest for now.World War 3 will still happen.It is inevitable.It is part of the game plan.
maybe when I am dead...and how are you sure world war 3 will happen...because you believe so doesn't speak anything
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by DarkJeddi(m): 9:19am On Jan 09, 2020
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by OBAGADAFFI: 9:20am On Jan 09, 2020
Neoteny:

It was a Ukrainian plane

94 other nationalities died

Read again from your own quotes

Yes may post said Ukrainian died and i meant few Ukrainian died, compared to Iranians on that flight.
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Neoteny(m): 11:11am On Jan 09, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Yes may post said Ukrainian died and i meant few Ukrainian died, compared to Iranians on that flight.

The point is, it was an aircraft belonging to Ukraine. Your post made it seem like the plane belonged to iran irrespective of who or how many died.
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by seangy4konji: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
sunshine1974:
you are a coward just as your pay masters Iran. Bloody Shiite. You think we don't know you ba
your fagbon..father an mother are cowards and hypocrites...

Don't be judgemental...if your father was killed in an airstrike with nonproof would you not turn to a gala seller at oshodi or ihiala or where ever you crawled out from?
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by themanderon: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
DaBullIT:

grin

God bless us all

My thoughts too. They now have the technology to cause earthquakes and droughts. That's the ultimate equaliser.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by Jaqenhghar: 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
RaptorX:
So all the talk of bombing 53 sites in Iran if they retaliated was just empty bluster. All the kids on NL salivating over Trump bombing Iran back to the stone age must be dissapointed.
They love Donald Trump yet he hates them. The irony
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by NorthernSerene(m): 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
CutieKing:
Their strike is just to appease their citizens back home to show they did something worth of revenge.
They were not going to take any American troops lives.
Oh, perhaps USA is lying because it part of them. They will never open up.
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by calabardick(m): 3:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
dukeprince50:

Rusted AK47 soldiers ants grin
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by airmark(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

US embassy is not a military target,i thought US said if Iran hit any US target will trigger a response from the US,it appeared that US is backing down.

They killed Iran's top general, they are retaliating by breaking bottles. Even the general's daughter would be disappointed.
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by SwagPower: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
Necksonnel:
Iran just have to shut those missiles to demonstrate strength to his people. They missed on purpose. They know how dangerous it will be killing American troops. It will lead to a dangerous world war which Iran is not ready for. Both country want peace . Last last na iran still lose but it's better that way. Iran can't face US in terms of war
I'm all for peace..The world cannot afford another major war..

But How Iran take lose?..
US. Killed one general and his partner...Iran will replace those guys in a month's time at Worst..

But Iran attacked at least 2 US bases destroying weapons and equipments worth millions of Dollars...it'll take US a yl to actually recoup that loss..
Iran also left the nuclear treaty ..something theyve Bn wanting to do forever, ever since they signed it with OBAMA a few years ago..Trump killing this general just gave them a reason to abandon the treaty..

Iran a small Country compared to the US Stood up to Trump something most nations will not even think of...They showed the world how brave they are and improved their esteem among nations of the world...

They are like the little kid that stood up to the class bully...

So I ask again my good friend ,how Iran take lose abeg?
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by SwagPower: 8:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
LordAdam16:

Iraq contradicted their reports. No one was killed, not American, not Iraqi, not any other nationality.

In fact, Iran gave warning to Iraq, Lithuania, and some other Allied nations prior to the attack. US intelligence got wind of these. The US also had advanced warning capabilities activated.

Iran did this flashy attack with propaganda to appease their far right base.

The "international politics at full display" is Trump killing Soleimani then bracing for retaliation both home and abroad; rather than following up with an overwhelming offensive. He sent a clear message to Tehran. And gave the Ayatollah the opportunity to save face. As long as no American was killed.

-Lord

Trying too hard to sound smart bruv...Allow it Man..
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by greenalwaz: 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
LordAdam16:
Of course they had to stand down.

Iran shot down 2 expensive US drones. No response.
Iran blew and seized oil tankers. No response.
Iran took out a significant part of Saudi's oil installations, equivalent to 5% of global oil output. No response.
Iran attacks US military base killing one American contractor and injuring 4 US soldiers. No response.
Iran prods their militia to attack US embassy in Baghdad in an attempt to sack it.

Trump finally said, "Enough". He took out their top-ranking general in one precision strike.

That's a President. That's a deterrent. Not that useless oaf called Obama.

If Iran had killed another American yesternight with their launches. By now, it'd have been raining fire and brimstone in Tehran!

Iran can sabre-rattle all it wants; but if it tries any of the nonsense it had done in the past few months again, there'll be hell to pay.

Trump just told Iran, "my craze pass your own." Do anyhow you see anyhow. Two seconds.

-Lord
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by greenalwaz: 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
LordAdam16:
Of course they had to stand down.

Iran shot down 2 expensive US drones. No response.
Iran blew and seized oil tankers. No response.
Iran took out a significant part of Saudi's oil installations, equivalent to 5% of global oil output. No response.
Iran attacks US military base killing one American contractor and injuring 4 US soldiers. No response.
Iran prods their militia to attack US embassy in Baghdad in an attempt to sack it.

Trump finally said, "Enough". He took out their top-ranking general in one precision strike.

That's a President. That's a deterrent. Not that useless oaf called Obama.

If Iran had killed another American yesternight with their launches. By now, it'd have been raining fire and brimstone in Tehran!

Iran can sabre-rattle all it wants; but if it tries any of the nonsense it had done in the past few months again, there'll be hell to pay.

Trump just told Iran, "my craze pass your own." Do anyhow you see anyhow. Two seconds.

-Lord
Re: Iran 'Standing Down' After Missile Strikes - Trump by tck2000(m): 9:07am On Jan 13, 2020
dukeprince50:

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Somaliland: regional council meeting fight chairman and dupity fighting (Video) / Lady In Wheelchair Holds "I Stand 4 Trump“ Placard, Gets This Response / Queen's Burial: Joe Biden Driven In Convoy, Other World Leaders Lumped In A Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.