Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Western Nigeria Culture (yoruba's) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Western Nigeria Culture (yoruba's) (533 Views)

Ìkíni - Greetings In Yorùbá Culture - YORUBA LEMI (episode 17) / Northern Nigeria Culture You Don't Know / Should The Nigeria Culture Stand An Why So ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Western Nigeria Culture (yoruba's) by thomjoe(m): 7:55pm On Jan 08, 2020
I've come to realized that the yoruba's doesn't have respect for married women reason because series of time, I see the ways they play and hug married women so deeply even right in the presence of their husband and I begin to wonder the kind of culture the really maintained.
Such displayed is never accepted in the south most especially the Benians....
Re: Western Nigeria Culture (yoruba's) by nlPoster: 11:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
hey hey

Yorubas actually respect married women, the women are the ones who have to let the male know if boundaries are present.

Same as any other place I should think. It's what you allow, all things being equal.

That's why if you don't allow the holy spirit to work in you and don't know the saving power of Jesus Christ, it's very difficult especially as a Nigerian, to not sin.
Re: Western Nigeria Culture (yoruba's) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
thomjoe:
I've come to realized that the yoruba's doesn't have respect for married women reason because series of time, I see the ways they play and hug married women so deeply even right in the presence of their husband and I begin to wonder the kind of culture the really maintained.
Such displayed is never accepted in the south most especially the Benians....
Please, narrate 3 scenes where the "play and hug" took place which you saw. Explain how they "played" with them, and exactly the extent of the hug. Those two words are broad and one needs to get you right.

(1) (Reply)

I Had A Dream Last Night / My Girlfriend Is Pregnant And refuses to tell her parents. Am I Safe? / Why Do Ghanaians Claim Nigerian Culture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.