Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1110841 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChibuGP: 12:30am On Aug 18, 2020
Thank you
RMatthias:
Go to www.mawista.com and open a health insurance policy with them. They will send you all the documents needed for your enrollment.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ChibuGP: 12:31am On Aug 18, 2020
Alright thanks.
oladimeji69:

In Germany, you cannot subscribe for government paid health insurance you are suppose to subscribe for private health insurance. Since you are above 30, I think you should mail one of the health insurance company on how to go about the certificate.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Mrbigman1(m): 1:28am On Aug 18, 2020
[quote author=oladimeji69 post=92921958]
In Germany, you cannot subscribe for government paid health insurance you are suppose to subscribe for private health insurance. Since you are above 30, I think you should mail one of the health insurance company on how to go about the certificate. [/quote

Lmao!

Who tell you this one ?
If you are below 30, u pay 95-120 depending on the company you are subscribing to, but when over 30, u re given the liberty to choose if u want to continue with public or switch to private because by then u subsidy has ended so you pay extra 100 euros.

If you can’t afford it, u switch to private
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Larryhillz28: 7:30am On Aug 18, 2020
Good morning fam... please is there anyone here that has been interviewed at the German embassy in Cotonou before?? I need to know please
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bobbybiggs(m): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2020
MacjoeChim:

@bobbybiggs, please, could you respond?
From these screenshots, it seems you are applying for a course in German? If not, its advisable you click on the english flag so the system can recognize you as an international applicant and your form is printed out in english. Also try clicking yes for if you've enrolled at a university before and see if it progresses from there.
Let me know if there is anything else.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by theochael(m): 8:23am On Aug 18, 2020
AsikoTravels:
Send a mail to the Lagos or Abuja email address stating what you need to do. They would reply with the necessary steps for certification. I did this in June.

good day sir,
please share the email address you used.
God bless you.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 8:32am On Aug 18, 2020
It's not as if it's a crime if you subscribe to a public health insurance provider, just that it's expensive.

oladimeji69:

In Germany, you cannot subscribe for government paid health insurance you are suppose to subscribe for private health insurance. Since you are above 30, I think you should mail one of the health insurance company on how to go about the certificate.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gab9607: 8:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Good morning guys. in the case of enrolling for a two years master course, the block amount of 10,0000 euros is it applicable to one year master course or its a general requirement?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Portex: 9:07am On Aug 18, 2020
Gab9607:
Good morning guys. in the case of enrolling for a two years master course, the block amount of 10,0000 euros is it applicable to one year master course or its a general requirement?

Block account serves for one year only, after which you will need to block another money if your course is 2yrs

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Premiercare: 9:23am On Aug 18, 2020
Good morning. Pls Elders in the house/ on ground in Germany, looking for 2-3 weeks temporary accommodation in Duisburg in September. Any help or links will be appreciated.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kaigheyisi: 9:28am On Aug 18, 2020
Good morning guys please I have a question...I came across this student MasterCard Gold in Germany, can someone access it from Nigeria?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gab9607: 9:32am On Aug 18, 2020
Portex:

Block account serves for one year only, after which you will need to block another money if your course is 2yrs

so if am applying for visa i!m to present a block account of 20,000 euro and not 10,000 euro?

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 9:34am On Aug 18, 2020
Don't mind him .

Most states in Germany will give you 2years resident permit straight so you won't have block for the second year.

But in case your state only give 1year , you will be require to produce block confirmation for the second year

Gab9607:

so if am applying for visa i!m to present a block account of 20,000 euro and not 10,000 euro?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Kaigheyisi: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2020
Premiercare:
Good morning. Pls Elders in the house/ on ground in Germany, looking for 2-3 weeks temporary accommodation in Duisburg in September. Any help or links will be appreciated.

www.wg-gesucht.de
www.studenten-wg.de
www.immobilienscout24.de
www.studentenwerkfrankfurt.de
www.gwh.de

Try any of these links. Enter your location and the kind of room you want.

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Premiercare: 9:58am On Aug 18, 2020
Try any of these links. Enter your location and the kind of room you want.[/quote]

Thanks, already checking. Thinking ahead as we have less than 2 weeks to go.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by lmuhopeful: 10:23am On Aug 18, 2020
starboychan:
Don't mind him .

Most states in Germany will give you 2years resident permit straight so you won't have block for the second year.

But in case your state only give 1year , you will be require to produce block confirmation for the second year

Actually if you're given only a 1 year residence permit, then for your second year you can typically show them proof of sustenance in terms of a work contract. So if you show them you have a job that can pay you around the monthly blocked account money, you should be fine. It's not hard to find a restaurant or cleaning job that fulfills this requirement

5 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:42am On Aug 18, 2020
Gab9607:

Visa application only require you to show prove DOS one year... When you get um Germany after one year, you will then be required by some states to show prove for one year again but when you arrive Germany some cities like Erlangen and states like Bremen will give you straight two years
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Geojnr(m): 10:55am On Aug 18, 2020
Hi guys. I got admission on Friday last week for Hochschule Stralsund - Renewable Energy. I have gotten a Certificate of Presence" from the university.

What do i do next?
I reside in Abuja and wish to use the Abuja consulate office. Please, can anyone send me the Abuja application link? Secondly, I wish to know if Abuja is favorable for a successful student visa outcome.

Thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bobbybiggs(m): 11:02am On Aug 18, 2020
Geojnr:
Hi guys. I got admission on Friday last week for Hochschule Stralsund - Renewable Energy. I have gotten a Certificate of Presence" from the university.

What do i do next?
I reside in Abuja and wish to use the Abuja consulate office. Please, can anyone send me the Abuja application link? Secondly, I wish to know if Abuja is favorable for a successful student visa outcome.

Hi and congrats to you.
Could you kindly share the mail/msg you sent to your school in view of receiving a letter of presence.
I have been trying to draft such letter but i am kinda out of touch with what to write.
Thanks. smiley
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Geojnr(m): 11:17am On Aug 18, 2020
[quote author=bobbybiggs post=92949862]

Dear Sir/Ma,

REQUEST FOR A LETTER OF PRESENCE

My name is XXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXX, with the application number of XXXXXX. Recently I was offered admission for a Masters Course in XXXXXX, 1st semester 2020/2021.
I humbly request a 'letter of presence' from the institution so as to be eligible for a student visa status.

Thanks,
xxxxxxxxxxx

Please i still need help with regards to the best consulate office to choose for a visa appointment and the visa application link.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Geojnr(m): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2020
bobbybiggs:

Hi and congrats to you.
Could you kindly share the mail/msg you sent to your school in view of receiving a letter of presence.
I have been trying to draft such letter but i am kinda out of touch with what to write.
Thanks. smiley

Dear Sir/Ma,

My name is XXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXX, with the application number of XXXXXX. Recently I was offered admission for a Masters Course in XXXXXX, 1st semester 2020/2021.
I humbly request a 'letter of presence' from the institution so as to be eligible for a student visa status.

Thanks,
xxxxxxxxxxx

Please i still need help with regards to the best consulate office to choose for a visa appointment and the visa application link.

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Portex: 11:36am On Aug 18, 2020
starboychan:
Don't mind him .

So what’s the difference between what I said and what you just said? His question was about his one year program.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bobbybiggs(m): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2020
Geojnr:

Dear Sir/Ma,

Thanks,
xxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks. I appreciate.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OtunbaBlack(m): 11:59am On Aug 18, 2020
Guys international flight resumes on the 29th I think this a good news and it probably means the embassy would open in September definitely....
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by starboychan: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2020
For study visa, you apply at Lagos consulate

Geojnr:

What do i do next?

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Geojnr(m): 12:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
starboychan:
For study visa, you apply at Lagos consulate

please help me confirm this application link

https://service2.diplo.de/rktermin/extern/choose_realmList.do?locationCode=lago&request_locale=en
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Lburna: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
Please are there people that applied to Lüneberg or Magdeburg or Hannover that have received response from any of these universities?

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Slamtos26: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hi guys.
Please can Deutschlandstipendium be used as a means of financial resources for German student visa. Deutschlandstipendium is offered by the German government, giving students €300 per month.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by bobbybiggs(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
Slamtos26:
Hi guys.
Please can Deutschlandstipendium be used as a means of financial resources for German student visa. Deutschlandstipendium is offered by the German government, giving students €300 per month.

I do not think so as €300 per month does not meet the expected expenditure for a student in Germany.

€300 per month can only cover for your accommodation expenses.

On average, a German student has expenses of EUR 819 per month. That includes rent, travel expenses, expenditures for food, clothing, learning materials, health insurance, telephone, Internet, radio and TV licence fees, and recreational activities. (Added to this is the semester contribution, which varies between higher education institutions.) International students usually have less money at their disposal than their German fellow students: on average, they can spend EUR 725 per month. If you have affordable accommodation and are careful with your money you will manage easily with this sum. - https://www.daad.de/en/study-and-research-in-germany/plan-your-studies/costs-of-education-and-living/

€10,236 / 12 = €853 per month. This using student block account. You should have an idea how they arrived at this from the link above.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
Does booking for appointment date now have more effect than booking after the Intl flight must’ve been opened?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Slamtos26: 2:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
bobbybiggs:

I do not think so as €300 per month does not meet the expected expenditure for a student in Germany.

€300 per month can only cover for your accommodation expenses.

On average, a German student has expenses of EUR 819 per month. That includes rent, travel expenses, expenditures for food, clothing, learning materials, health insurance, telephone, Internet, radio and TV licence fees, and recreational activities. (Added to this is the semester contribution, which varies between higher education institutions.) International students usually have less money at their disposal than their German fellow students: on average, they can spend EUR 725 per month. If you have affordable accommodation and are careful with your money you will manage easily with this sum. - https://www.daad.de/en/study-and-research-in-germany/plan-your-studies/costs-of-education-and-living/

€10,236 / 12 = €853 per month. This using student block account. You should have an idea how they arrived at this from the link above.

Thanks my man

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Ifwal: 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
OtunbaBlack:
Guys international flight resumes on the 29th I think this a good news and it probably means the embassy would open in September definitely....

Hello everyone. Pls can a German bank account be opened online? If yes, how?

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (709) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.