Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 (1117106 Views)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (710) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 12:32pm On May 22, 2021
iamadonis2:
It seems like there’s a detail I’m not getting clear. Someone should still verify for me please:

Can a proof of English proficiency letter from my university here in Nigeria stand in as a substitute for English B2? A lot of the universities on DAAD are asking for a proficiency proof (English B2).

If no, can anyone just point me to a university that only a letter of proficiency from my Nigerian University will suffice?

Your English Language proficiency is C2 as a Nigerian who has studied well at secondary and tertiary levels. It means you can do everything an English language speaker can read, write and understand. But if you have poor English speaking, writing and understanding skills, then you might be B2 or C1.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gentleman001: 1:03pm On May 22, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
If you can, you should print another online and certify. You can also attach the faded one.

I do not know how bad it is but if it as bad as you depict, you should contact waec cos you might still face this problem for front.

I
I’m used naptep to processes my undergraduate admissions. Can it be used for German university too
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gentleman001: 1:05pm On May 22, 2021
LFundz:

I used TransferMate successfully to pay tuition deposit with my GTBank Dollar MasterCard, it took 2 business days. Just this week.
When was that bro.. I think they said transferwise is not more going since the new policy of CBN
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TJ10: 2:34pm On May 22, 2021
TonyyS:

Ink, physically

Thank you
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TJ10: 2:38pm On May 22, 2021
There has been a lot of questions on a preferable way to transfer the blocked amount. But many are with "half details"
Please can anyone who has done this recently considering the 100 dollar limit give a detailed explanation on how they went about it.

-Was it by transfermate and with ATM card (visa or master etc)

-Was it by form A (what bank)

Or what means and please details

Thank you

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 3:04pm On May 22, 2021
Gentleman001:

When was that bro.. I think they said transferwise is not more going since the new policy of CBN

He said dollar mastercard not naira oooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Stiflersammy(m): 3:06pm On May 22, 2021
TJ10:
There has been a lot of questions on a preferable way to transfer the blocked amount. But many are with "half details"
Please can anyone who has done this recently considering the 100 dollar limit give a detailed explanation on how they went about it.

-Was it by transfermate and with ATM card (visa or master etc)

-Was it by form A (what bank)

Or what means and please details

Thank you

Use form A is better and faster, all you need is to do is drop your school admission letter, your passport details photocopy, a written letter with the details of the transfer and you fill the form A with your details. That's all
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by TJ10: 3:26pm On May 22, 2021
Stiflersammy:

Use form A is better and faster, all you need is to do is drop your school admission letter, your passport details photocopy, a written letter with the details of the transfer and you fill the form A with your details. That's all

Thank you for your reply.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 22, 2021
MrAAA2:

Your English Language proficiency is C2 as a Nigerian who has studied well at secondary and tertiary levels. It means you can do everything an English language speaker can read, write and understand. But if you have poor English speaking, writing and understanding skills, then you might be B2 or C1.

Oh I see...

So this go to mean where a University in Germany would ask for B2 proficiency, no need for me to fret as I have neither TOEFL nor IELTS?

I can just submit a letter of English Proficiency obtained from my Registrar here in Naija.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ComputerWiz007: 4:55pm On May 22, 2021
Good evening people
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Eater0011: 6:01pm On May 22, 2021
Nawa..you guys just keep applying to schools in Germany without considering the challenge of getting A.D..will advise you guys try somewhere else,from what I heard they have over 5000 applicants and they are short of staffs and can't tell when they will start attending to category B..
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:06pm On May 22, 2021
iamadonis2:

Oh I see...

So this go to mean where a University in Germany would ask for B2 proficiency, no need for me to fret as I have neither TOEFL nor IELTS?

I can just submit a letter of English Proficiency obtained from my Registrar here in Naija.

Language requirements differ. Some school INSIST on TOEFL, IELTS and others while some state that EITHER Test of English certificate OR must have completed high school or a degree taught in English and a few request for proof that your first degree was in English.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 8:10pm On May 22, 2021
ComputerWiz007:
Good evening people I'm a newbie here hoping to apply for a MSc soon. Please can I use a letter of English proficiency from the school I graduated from as a Language requirements?
And which of requirements below is best.

You don't have any language problem regarding this school's language requirements.
You have studied in English, you have written a thesis or project in English.
You're good to go. In unclear cases, you can always email the school stating that your entire education in Nigeria has been in English so they may wave English test for you.
However, some schools insist on TOEFL, IELTS and likes.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by OdogwuEkeke(m): 12:40am On May 23, 2021
Only 8 days left for this month to end.

Burger King don open for Germany ooh.

They are relaxing restrictions small small
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 1:24am On May 23, 2021
MrAAA2:

You don't have any language problem regarding this school's language requirements.
You're good to go. In unclear cases, you can always email the school stating that your entire education in Nigeria has been in English so they may wave English test for you.

This people are damn serious with English language certificate. Have written to about seven different schools but it was as if they had a meeting among themselves that they always respond in the same manner

"Dear Applicant,

thank you for your e-mail.

Please note that the English language certificate needs to be send in together with the other required documents. An accreditation can not be done without all required documents.

I remain at your disposal for all further questions."

Please if you have the money or the opportunity to write IELTS or TOEFL biko do.

Although I still wonder why the Europeans are hard on us based on this language certificate.
Once burst into an official document, in which all of them agreed that the official language in Nigeria is English language yet they still bent on asking us to provide English language certificate.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Trinity33(m): 5:45am On May 23, 2021
Goodmorning great people, please is anybody coming from the USA to Nigerian soon, or you know anybody coming from USA to Nigerian soon, please and please quote me let me contact you.
A phone was to be sent to me, but the cost of shipping was really on the high side, i tried to use DHL, or if you know any other cheap courier please. Thanks my people, one love.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Fatalveli(m): 7:13am On May 23, 2021
daambassador:

This people are damn serious with English language certificate. Have written to about seven different schools but it was as if they had a meeting among themselves that they always respond in the same manner

"Dear Applicant,

Please note that the English language certificate needs to be send in together with the other required documents. An accreditation can not be done without all required documents.

Please if you have the money or the opportunity to write IELTS or TOEFL biko do.

Although I still wonder why the Europeans are hard on us based on this language certificate.
Once burst into an official document, in which all of them agreed that the official language in Nigeria is English language yet they still bent on asking us to provide English language certificate.

Not all degree hodlers in Nigeria can speak or write good English.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 7:35am On May 23, 2021
Trinity33:
Goodmorning great people, please is anybody coming from the USA to Nigerian soon, or you know anybody coming from USA to Nigerian soon, please and please quote me let me contact you.
A phone was to be sent to me, but the cost of shipping was really on the high side, i tried to use DHL, or if you know any other cheap courier please. Thanks my people, one love.

TNT or FedEx
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 7:36am On May 23, 2021
Fatalveli:
Not all degree hodlers in Nigeria can speak or write good English.

Yea you're right, but my own is that the IELTS fees is too exorbitant and it's not something you're sure of getting in one sitting if you're not serious with burning of midnight candles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vlibray: 7:45am On May 23, 2021
Trinity33:
Just look for someone ok
Custom charges wey courier services go knack you enh. No be here
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 7:50am On May 23, 2021
daambassador:

Yea you're right, but my own is that the IELTS fees is too exorbitant and it's not something you're sure of getting in one sitting if you're not serious with burning of midnight candles.

Try TOEFL. It shouldn't be difficult since you already know the language.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by MrAAA2: 7:50am On May 23, 2021
Vlibray:

Just look for someone ok
Custom charges wey courier services go knack you enh. No be here

DHL hardly accept phones to Nigeria by the way.

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Vlibray: 7:59am On May 23, 2021
MrAAA2:

DHL hardly accept phones to Nigeria by the way.
I shipped an iPhone from Poland to Nigeria last month
It cost me 175pln
When it got to Nigeria, they sent the person I shipped to an invoice for custom duty (91k)
Me and the person weak

2 Likes

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Adisa471: 10:28am On May 23, 2021
Since you already speak good English, you shouldn't have much difficulty, I recently did my IELTS with less than 1 week preparation with the Testprep app, I got a 7.5. mind you, for most courses all you need is a 6.0.

daambassador:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 11:16am On May 23, 2021
Adisa471:
Since you already speak good English, you shouldn't have much difficulty, I recently did my IELTS with less than 1 week preparation with the Testprep app, I got a 7.5. mind you, for most courses all you need is a 6.0.

Wow! This is good news and soul lifting.
Unfortunately I can't see the app you mentioned on play store. How did you download the app?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ComputerWiz007: 1:52pm On May 23, 2021
MrAAA2:

thanks
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by ComputerWiz007: 1:56pm On May 23, 2021
daambassador:

"Dear Applicant,

lol

1 Like

Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by Gentleman001: 3:32pm On May 23, 2021
Adisa471:

The most annoying thing about all these certificates is their expiry date.. with that huge amount of money paid..
or can it be accepted by schools after the expiry date?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 3:34pm On May 23, 2021
Adisa471:

Would you mind share a screenshot of the app
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 4:37pm On May 23, 2021
Gentleman001:

The most annoying thing about all these certificates is their expiry date.. with that huge amount of money paid..
or can it be accepted by schools after the expiry date?

Bro they won't accept once it expired. Let's say that's another way IDP and The British Council device in milking our hard earn money.
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by trendingsleek: 5:56pm On May 23, 2021
Can one use General IELTS?
Re: General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 by daambassador: 6:04pm On May 23, 2021
trendingsleek:
Can one use General IELTS?

For school its a capital NO. General is for migration and work purposes

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (710) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.