Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,759 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US (66419 Views)

African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land / Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri With African Americans Of Igbo Ancestry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
360command:
you dont go close to AA , you dont go close to Africans. I can tell you a house nigga
Where did you see that I mentioned I don't go close to AA? Se I cannot be their friend & analyze in peace again? House nigga for Yankee? You make me laugh.
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Codes151(m): 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jesse25:

your just a hater
only thin there is no need to impose what’s not there!
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by naijacentric(m): 8:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
dominique:
Interesting. In most cases, African migrants would rather mingle with other fellow African migrants or people from other races than with African Americans. They're hardly ever found in predominantly African-American neighborhoods. This article pretty much explains why.
is it dat bad ma? A naija man who travelled one time too told nigerians coming to amelika to avoid akata people dat dey are terrible o tongue i am just shocked our fellow brothers n sisters

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by naijacentric(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
Most of these African Americans are also very intolerant and condescend Africans with their nasty, ignorant, close minded and rude lifestyle , that's why Africans tend to isolate them and flow more with Latinos, Asians, white and even afro carribeans. They are mentally damaged people always quick to attach race to every issue which in my opinion I think is gonna really limit their potentials. Nigerians are their no1 enemies, not surprised though every insecure black person has issues with Nigerians because of how over self-confident and loud we are from ghana to satafrika grin
una too loud o make una calm down no one likes oppression
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Parkleader: 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
Innovate07:

If you were white, I would have called you a racist. Since you are black, your problem is self hate. Imagine you, wishing this for your fellow human being, your own race of people for that matter.

Who trained people that reason like you? Very ignorant about racism and the world system. Ignorant people truly are very dangerous to the people around them.
You're a dent on the black race as a whole and a walking danger in our midst with your mindset.
Tufiakwa!

She is very dumb, ignore her
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by diplomat058(m): 8:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
GogobiriLalas:
Institutionalized racism is a thing in America simplicita.

The white man has put in place a socio cultural and economic system to consolidate the ill gotten advantage it acquired and to ensure that the progeny of those whom he once enslaved never rise to a position where they're able to challenge or avenge the historical wrong that was done to them.

Irrespective of political isms, the traps are overt and covert and sometimes missed by foreigners especially African diaspora who are more excited about a perceived advantage they think they gain in their newly adopted country, however, the African American has learnt from experience to maintain a healthy dose of suspicion for anything white.

From slavery to KKK to Jim Crow, from Welfarism to Sangers' Planned Parenthood and from despicable race based horrific Government backed pseudo scientific experiments sans syphilis, tuberculosis and leprosy colonies to the so called war on drugs and other petty crimes that has enabled the white man to jail a quarter of the most virile and productive male members of the African American society, the African American has evolved to distrust anything the white man does and to respond with violence whenever the opportunity presents itself and I daresay rightly so, the white man's cowardice in the face of unbridled violence is beautiful to behold.

The African migrant as usual, is quick to point fingers at his cousin's violent propensities, his unwillingness to countenance anything white as having any good or merit; he forgets quite quickly that centuries of cohabitation with the white man has given the African American a unique insight into the nature of the white species of the human race.

The African American on the other hand, holds on to centuries old grudge in which he believes that the ancestors of his ignorant cousins sold his ancestors into slavery, he perceives in the African migrant an air of condescension which he believes stems from a feeling that 'my ancestors were superior to yours and were able to run faster from the white man'.

Thus a clash between the two becomes almost inevitable that the evil genius of the white man is quick to identify and exploit for his ultimate agenda I.e. the total subjugation of this subhuman species who dares aspire to personhood. The white man would rather elevate his dog than the black man - fact.

The conclusion is that the black race as usual has taken the easy path of hate and casting blames and aspersions; finding a reason to hate your neighbor is always easy, it is hard to find a reason to love and respect him.

Like the Joseph incidence in biblical lore (Joseph was sold into slavery by his jealous brethren), the migrant can learn so much from those who were there before him, whilst those who were there before have a great opportunity in the migrant to reconnect with what they once lost.

This is a great opportunity to consolidate our knowledge and experiences, take stock of what we did wrong and how easily we allowed other races to subjugate and enslave us and to forge a common path forward.
Sir, your writing elegance, eloquence and visibility cannot be expressed in words. This is raw ingenuity. I wish I could like your post a million times

Well-done,Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
TimiRume:
Let's stop pretending, there is very little similarity between Africans and African americans. The only thing we have in common is our skin and shared ancestry, nothing much. They are not us, we are not them. And its okay.

Their mainstream culture is toxic and Africans copying them should learn from the long term consequences that come with such lifestyle.

Cc , every young person in Nigeria now that wanna be a ghetto thug

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by diplomat058(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
GogobiriLalas:
Institutionalized racism is a thing in America simplicita.

The white man has put in place a socio cultural and economic system to consolidate the ill gotten advantage it acquired and to ensure that the progeny of those whom he once enslaved never rise to a position where they're able to challenge or avenge the historical wrong that was done to them.

Irrespective of political isms, the traps are overt and covert and sometimes missed by foreigners especially African diaspora who are more excited about a perceived advantage they think they gain in their newly adopted country, however, the African American has learnt from experience to maintain a healthy dose of suspicion for anything white.

From slavery to KKK to Jim Crow, from Welfarism to Sangers' Planned Parenthood and from despicable race based horrific Government backed pseudo scientific experiments sans syphilis, tuberculosis and leprosy colonies to the so called war on drugs and other petty crimes that has enabled the white man to jail a quarter of the most virile and productive male members of the African American society, the African American has evolved to distrust anything the white man does and to respond with violence whenever the opportunity presents itself and I daresay rightly so, the white man's cowardice in the face of unbridled violence is beautiful to behold.

The African migrant as usual, is quick to point fingers at his cousin's violent propensities, his unwillingness to countenance anything white as having any good or merit; he forgets quite quickly that centuries of cohabitation with the white man has given the African American a unique insight into the nature of the white species of the human race.

The African American on the other hand, holds on to centuries old grudge in which he believes that the ancestors of his ignorant cousins sold his ancestors into slavery, he perceives in the African migrant an air of condescension which he believes stems from a feeling that 'my ancestors were superior to yours and were able to run faster from the white man'.

Thus a clash between the two becomes almost inevitable that the evil genius of the white man is quick to identify and exploit for his ultimate agenda I.e. the total subjugation of this subhuman species who dares aspire to personhood. The white man would rather elevate his dog than the black man - fact.

The conclusion is that the black race as usual has taken the easy path of hate and casting blames and aspersions; finding a reason to hate your neighbor is always easy, it is hard to find a reason to love and respect him.

Like the Joseph incidence in biblical lore (Joseph was sold into slavery by his jealous brethren), the migrant can learn so much from those who were there before him, whilst those who were there before have a great opportunity in the migrant to reconnect with what they once lost.

This is a great opportunity to consolidate our knowledge and experiences, take stock of what we did wrong and how easily we allowed other races to subjugate and enslave us and to forge a common path forward.
Sir, your writing elegance, eloquence and dexterity cannot be expressed in words. Your systematic and careful choice of words will make this piece to easily blend into the realm of social enquiry. This is raw ingenuity. I wish I could like your post a million times

Well-done,Sir.
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by delishpot: 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
salford:

Is this not a description of Black people behavior irrespective of wherever they come from.

Seems so. But most Africans that go abroad seem to play on a higher level sha.
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by engrchykae(m): 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2020
DexterousOne:

The African Americans went through a lot.
It affected them
We have to acknowledge that
what did they went through,?
Africans from Nigeria and west Africa have seen worse yet we kept our cool travel outside,make it big and come home to celebrate.
They make me believe that selling them did Africa a favor
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Daisy17: 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
sisipelebe:
I'm not quick to judge , I'm only trying to weigh the difference. Nine out of ten AA men and women has kids out of wedlock. you hardly see these from the white ppl. Back to our African culture ,They're few with the exception of my forefathers. Don't use celeb life style to judge other Nigeria men.

Where did you get your statistics from? How many white people do you know? Have you ever heard of common-law? I do not know where you live but in many Western countries, people use the term"partner" because you cannot tell if people are married despite the fact that they are living together. I visited an African country recently and the number of young unwed mothers I saw was alarming. Even at the hair salon where I did my hair, all the apprentices were school drop outs who had kids. The thing with you Africans is, you think you are superior but you do not realize that there is a lot that is wrong in your societies.Pedophiles roaming the streets but since you all are hypocrites, very few cases of child abuse are brought to light. A country where you need to have your wits about you because you will be either raped, scammed or kidnapped. Just this morning, I read a story of a father who fed his child feaces. Every street corner in major cities in Nigeria you find churches, but the country is full of scammers, thieves, adulterers and pastorpreneurs. Please fix yourselves before looking down on others.

9 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by MENTORCH(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Good write up, but honestly it depends on where you live in America. If you live in Houston, where I live. Yes you are correct that Africans prefer to live close to where other Africans live, but African Americans and Nigerians in Houston mingle so much together. As a matter of fact since I relocated to Houston 2015, I have dated more African American girls than any other race. They really Bleep with Nigerians in Houston, maybe because they hear how yahoo boys throw money.

4 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Drenimarcus(m): 9:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
We learn everyday. I am learning on this thread. For everyone that commented/posted. Thank you.

Oga mackynaija, sharpman01 I see una
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by nlPoster: 9:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
Seems this thread is going to discuss the plethora of the black experience, we're on hair dressing now.
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by goroman: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
WorWorBoy:
And yet it was Nigerians who commit the biggest fraud in u.s.history lol. Baby mama and baby daddy is also a thing here in Nigeria. Don't judge others so that you won't be judged.
You know most Africans see Nigerians as a disgrace to the continent. undecided

shut the hell up.. @ ur last statement. u need to be ashamed of yourself. Nigeria is a disgrace to the continent Africa? it's high the fed govt introduce and compulsory history education in our schools. lack of history education will keep on breeding inferior complexity and sell out lyk dis ones. in as much this country has its shortcomings, don't ever underrate Nigeria's importance in the intl system or in Africa. don't ever! thank you.

3 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by khiaa(f): 9:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
jimyjames:

Hmmm khiaa khiaa what's up I bet you will have something entirely different to say about this wink

I'll just watch them as they wallow in their ignorance, arrogance, and stereotypical condescending narratives of bigotry. They are useless to everyone.

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Drenimarcus(m): 9:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

I'll just watch them as they wallow in their ignorance, arrogance, and stereotypical narrative of bigotry.

Or you can educate them too. I am learning a whole lot on this thread. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by jimyjames(m): 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

I'll just watch them as they wallow in their ignorance, arrogance, and stereotypical condescending narratives of bigotry. They are useless to everyone.

Are you saying there is no single truth in what the op wrote?

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by khiaa(f): 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2020
Drenimarcus:

Or you can educate them too. I am learning a whole lot on this thread. Thank you.

I have been a member of NL for 9 years, there is no such thing as educating stubborn bigoted fools.

3 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Drenimarcus(m): 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

I have been a member of NL for 9 years, there is no such thing as educating stubborn bigoted fools.

Lol true but some are open to learning.

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by khiaa(f): 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
jimyjames:

Are you saying there is no single truth in what the op wrote?

If the op was going to tell the story he should have told the whole truth, you know why he didn't, it's because he doesn't know it.

4 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Geminita1(f): 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
omoharry:
haba!!! extinction ke.!!
That was rude of me. I apologise to my african american brothers and sisters.

3 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Geminita1(f): 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
Innovate07:

If you were white, I would have called you a racist. Since you are black, your problem is self hate. Imagine you, wishing this for your fellow human being, your own race of people for that matter.

Who trained people that reason like you? Very ignorant about racism and the world system. Ignorant people truly are very dangerous to the people around them.
You're a dent on the black race as a whole and a walking danger in our midst with your mindset.
Tufiakwa!
I'm sorry for my rudeness. That was very harsh, no one deserves to go into extinction.

2 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Geminita1(f): 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
360command:
Wow! Most of the comments by Nigerians are shocking. You say this to a black American is the same way other African nationals see Nigerians. Ghanaians say the same about how Nigerians speaks which is irritating even our neighbors Benin republic say the same thing about us. The east Africans say the same about west Africans. I have this Tanzanian friend, she said , " if I hear a west African (Nigerian, Liberia, Sierra Leone and even Ghana) speak, she runs.

I think Nigerians are big dents to black as a whole. How many African Americans do you see in foreign prisons ? Aside from the crimes African Americans commit in America, where do you hear of them? Unlike we Nigerians that commit in every corner of the world . Are we the only country with the largest population to commit crimes?

Know the way you talk. You better be neutral and stop acting like your nationality is innocent..

You are a pot calling Kettle black.
African Americans in the house, please forgive my insensitivity.

2 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by jimyjames(m): 9:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

If the op was going to tell the story he should have told the whole truth, you know why he didn't, it's because he doesn't know it.

Hmmm and you refused to complete the story?

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Geminita1(f): 9:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
iRyan:
After you go first
I was wrong. I apologise.

2 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by WorWorBoy: 9:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by 1Sharon(f): 9:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
khiaa:

The queen is here. Give ur opinion sis
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Geminita1(f): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
FrMbaka:

Both of you don't have the same story.
Even African immigrants that live in the US for a long period also change and seen as fools acting strange when they return.
That's black man's problem, you will do the same if you were in their shoes.
It's like wishing yourself to go into extinction.

The way I see things now, both Africans in Africa are not safe as we're not doing enough to adapt to this modern world.
I shouldn't have made that comment, i hope the people it hurt forgive me.

2 Likes

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by WorWorBoy: 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by khiaa(f): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
jimyjames:

Hmmm and you refused to complete the story?

I have repeated my self many times about this topic and I'm not doing it again. The truth is, everything the op posted can be applied to Nigerians in America as well as the home based ones. What did the bible say about that plank in your eye?

1 Like

Re: The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US by Geminita1(f): 10:01pm On Jan 09, 2020
Notasaints:
Isnt it amazing? Geminita1 want black Americans to go into extinction while the rest of Africans want Nigeria to go into extinction.

Karma karma .You are one son of a bltch.
I don't want them to go into extinction.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria / The New Mogadishu / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.