Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,382 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Your Advice Is Urgently Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Advice Is Urgently Needed (479 Views)

If You're Between 20 To 29yr Old, This Advice Is For You. / Please Your Advice Is Needed Here. / Your Advice Is Urgently Needed! Help An Undergraduate Nairalander Career Life! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Advice Is Urgently Needed by RealtorX: 1:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello, nairalanders!
I need your opinions on which of these jobs to choose.

1.Sample pick up from health facilities to medical labs for analysis (to be paid per number of facilities visited). This is in a location I like to reside.

2. Medical Sales Representative. The salary here is N50k/month but you have to meet the target given to you (say N2m/month). The company can post you to any state.

3. An NGO 3 month-consultancy job in my state of origin with N80k/month.

Your serious and candid opinion is needed and especially if you are experienced in medical sales rep job! Thank you.
Re: Your Advice Is Urgently Needed by djoe21(m): 1:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
RealtorX:
Hello, nairalanders!

1.Sample pick up from health facilities to medical labs for analysis (to be paid per number of facilities visited). This is in a location I like to reside.

2. Medical Sales Representative. The salary here is N50k/month but you have to meet the target given to you (say N2m/month). The company can post you to any state.

Your serious and candid opinion is needed and especially if you are experienced in medical sales rep job! Thank you.

Abeg cancel that number 2.

As for number 1, how much are you to be paid per facility visited?
Re: Your Advice Is Urgently Needed by djblue007(m): 5:56pm On Jan 09, 2020
Re: Your Advice Is Urgently Needed by RealtorX: 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
djoe21:

Abeg cancel that number 2.

As for number 1, how much are you to be paid per facility visited?
Thank you, brother! The amount per facility is N2500.00.

Please why did you advise me to cancel No 2 outrightly?
Re: Your Advice Is Urgently Needed by djoe21(m): 9:24am On Jan 10, 2020
RealtorX:

Thank you, brother! The amount per facility is N2500.00.

Please why did you advise me to cancel No 2 outrightly?

So if you visit a facility each working day, you will make at least N50k. I want to believe if a facility is visited today, it can be revisited tomorrow though.
Re: Your Advice Is Urgently Needed by RealtorX: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2020
djoe21:

So if you visit a facility each working day, you will make at least N50k. I want to believe if a facility is visited today, it can be revisited tomorrow though.
Something like that.

Pls why is sales representative job not so cool with you?
Re: Your Advice Is Urgently Needed by TenthMan(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2020
RealtorX:
Hello, nairalanders!

OPTION 1
How many samples can you pick up on the average per day? Health care and Health Care Services are good businesses. In Nigeria it is not even properly developed and has not reached its real investment potential due to the fact that majority of people cannot afford good healthcare. Also, other amenities to promote the business are not available.

If you know the average number of health care centers can visit per day, you should be able to calculate your projected average earnings per week and in a month.

Now, what will be your costs/expenditure? Are you having your own mobility or is someone doing the pick up and you pay him? When you figure out you operational cost (including taxes, depreciation) then you can really know what will be left for you on a periodic basis.

OPTION 2
The fact that they can post you to any state is a risk. What if they post you to a state that you do not fancy. Or is insecure. or has no real need for the product? Or simply cannot afford the products? What then happens when you do not meet your target? You wont be paid your salary of 50k? How are you sure 50k will be enough to sustain you in the State you will be posted to? This will just put you into stress of frantically trying to meet targets set by someone in an air conditioned office who has no basic idea of what you go through to meet the target. They are not even talking about commissions. And even with commissions I wouldn't consider this option. There are too many unknwons. In life and economics it is Liabilities/Expenses and Assets/Income. Your income for now is 50k which is dependent on meeting a target. You do not know your liabilities/expenditure. So you cannot even project if you will be saving or loosing money.

A benefit of this option is adventure. It is risky and at times with risks comes rewards. Rewards like you could get to the State you are posted to and see other business opportunities or meet some persons who you could work with on very profitable ventures. Also, you could learn this business and see if you can start your own Medical Sales Business or offer a service that the business needs.

OPTION 3
This is interesting, but it is too short in duration. After 3 months, what next? People are seeking to create Legacy Wealth. If you had no option, one would have advised that you take this. At least it stops you from being idle, you get to travel home and observe other business opportunities there. An NGO is an interesting venture. While it is not supposed to be profit making, it definitely provides a source of earnings. While at it, you get to make some money. You did not state if this is extendable. That is if there is the prospect of the service being extended.

In Summary, consider option 1 critically. Where possible develop it and see the prospects. See the cash flow in this business. What could be the challenges, etc. Can this business be a service need which can be replicated in Major Cities like Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt? Where eventually you have a pool of delivery men/vehicles (cars, tricycles, bikes, etc) who are scheduled to routinely go to hospitals to pick samples? There is no harm in dreaming and getting information to verify if this is achievable or not. Consider combining option 1 with any other option as well. There is no harm in having multiple streams of income.

Good luck.
Re: Your Advice Is Urgently Needed by djoe21(m): 11:06am On Jan 10, 2020
RealtorX:

Something like that.

Pls why is sales representative job not so cool with you?

Your salary is target based, and often times, these targets are outrageous!

1 Like

Re: Your Advice Is Urgently Needed by RealtorX: 11:34am On Jan 10, 2020
djoe21:

Your salary is target based, and often times, these targets are outrageous!
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Your Advice Is Urgently Needed by RealtorX: 11:38am On Jan 10, 2020
TenthMan:

OPTION 1
How many samples can you pick up on the average per day? Health care and Health Care Services are good businesses. In Nigeria it is not even properly developed and has not reached its real investment potential due to the fact that majority of people cannot afford good healthcare. Also, other amenities to promote the business are not available.

If you know the average number of health care centers can visit per day, you should be able to calculate your projected average earnings per week and in a month.

Now, what will be your costs/expenditure? Are you having your own mobility or is someone doing the pick up and you pay him? When you figure out you operational cost (including taxes, depreciation) then you can really know what will be left for you on a periodic basis.

OPTION 2
The fact that they can post you to any state is a risk. What if they post you to a state that you do not fancy. Or is insecure. or has no real need for the product? Or simply cannot afford the products? What then happens when you do not meet your target? You wont be paid your salary of 50k? How are you sure 50k will be enough to sustain you in the State you will be posted to? This will just put you into stress of frantically trying to meet targets set by someone in an air conditioned office who has no basic idea of what you go through to meet the target. They are not even talking about commissions. And even with commissions I wouldn't consider this option. There are too many unknwons. In life and economics it is Liabilities/Expenses and Assets/Income. Your income for now is 50k which is dependent on meeting a target. You do not know your liabilities/expenditure. So you cannot even project if you will be saving or loosing money.

A benefit of this option is adventure. It is risky and at times with risks comes rewards. Rewards like you could get to the State you are posted to and see other business opportunities or meet some persons who you could work with on very profitable ventures. Also, you could learn this business and see if you can start your own Medical Sales Business or offer a service that the business needs.

OPTION 3
This is interesting, but it is too short in duration. After 3 months, what next? People are seeking to create Legacy Wealth. If you had no option, one would have advised that you take this. At least it stops you from being idle, you get to travel home and observe other business opportunities there. An NGO is an interesting venture. While it is not supposed to be profit making, it definitely provides a source of earnings. While at it, you get to make some money. You did not state if this is extendable. That is if there is the prospect of the service being extended.

In Summary, consider option 1 critically. Where possible develop it and see the prospects. See the cash flow in this business. What could be the challenges, etc. Can this business be a service need which can be replicated in Major Cities like Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt? Where eventually you have a pool of delivery men/vehicles (cars, tricycles, bikes, etc) who are scheduled to routinely go to hospitals to pick samples? There is no harm in dreaming and getting information to verify if this is achievable or not. Consider combining option 1 with any other option as well. There is no harm in having multiple streams of income.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your time. I appreciate the detailed analysis.

(1) (Reply)

How To Answer In Job Interview Why You Are The Best Candidate? / Learn Graphics Design On Your Smartphone!!!! / Mike Tyson Goes Broke: Sells His Mansion To Pay Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.