Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. (2008 Views)

Marilyn Amobi: Buhari’s Ministers Clash Over Removal Of NBET Boss / Buhari Appoints Nnaemeka Eweluka As The MD/CEO Of NBET / Kemi Adeosun Appointed NBET Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by solaugo1: 2:27pm On Jan 09, 2020

President Muhammadu Buhari has reversed the dismissal of Marilyn Amobi as the managing director of the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Company Limited (NBET).

This is contained in a memo from the office of the secretary to the government of the federation (SGF). The agency has also been moved from the ministry of power to the ministry of finance.

The Minister of Power, Mr Sale Mamman, had order the immediate step-down of Dr. Marilyn Amobi, Managing Director of Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Company (NBET) in December 2019.

Following the step down of Dr Marilyn Amobi Dr Nnaemeka Ewelukwa assumed office as the acting Managing Director/CEO of the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading (NBET).

Mr Aaron Artimas, the Special Adviser to the Minister on Media and Communication, announced the decision in a statement in Abuja then. Artimas said that the decision was continuation of the reorganisation/sanitation in the Ministry of Power.

He said that the minister directed that the decision should take effect immediately. “‘In view of this, the minister has also directed the constitution of a five-man investigative committee to look into the myriads of complaints against the MD/CEO

“This is with the view to restoring sanity in the management of the company. Consequently, she is to handover to the most senior director in the organisation, ‘’ he said.

https://news.assure.ng/breaking-buhari-reverses-dismissal-of-marilyn-amobi-as-md-nbet/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by seunmsg(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
The court already ruled that ministers don’t have the powers to sack head of government agencies appointed by the president. But no, power drunk ministers won’t respect the position of the law.

Good to see that the president has reversed the two illegal dismissal carried out by the power minister. This is a very strong message from the president that he would not condone abuse of power from his ministers. Ministers must learn to stop arrogating to themselves the powers they don’t have under the law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by naijaguy123456(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
Never heard of her before !
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by TooMuchStuff: 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
kiss
Only Christians heads of agencies are meant for suspension and dismissals but Muslims are never removed from positions
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by popsy2(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
I see
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by slimfit1(m): 2:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
She did nothing for 4 years she deserved to go. If you can't change a ministry like this you surely are clueless. Talking about clueless, our clueless President seems to have attraction for clueless people sorry guys.
I don't care if she is Yoruba she is a clueless woman as well.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by sweetonugbu: 3:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Man no man
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by fyneguy: 4:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
slimfit1:
She did nothing for 4 years she deserved to go. If you can't change a ministry like this you surely are clueless. Talking about clueless, our clueless President seems to have attraction for clueless people sorry guys.

Do you know the roles of NBET?

If you do, tell us and how she failed... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by Bimpe29: 4:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
Shoulduld this be true?
Then Buhari presidency is in complete disarray.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by Banmeallday: 4:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Sackings and reversals, by a memo president who cannot come out and talk in the open....

What is wrong with Black people’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPEiTzkSo6w&t=349s
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
slimfit1:
How do you know she’s didn’t do anything? It’s not by force to accuse something you know nothing about

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by seunmsg(m): 5:33pm On Jan 09, 2020
Bimpe29:
Shoulduld this be true?

We should applaud the president for curbing the excesses of his ministers. An appointee of the president cannot sack another appointee without the approval of the president. The president didn’t just reverse the illegal dismissal, he also moved the agency away from the control of the power ministry. There is nothing to suggest any disarray in the president’s decision.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by GamalNasser: 5:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
Buhari supports ineptitude in every facet ..every one in charge of electricity in Nigeria needs to be kicked out
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by budaatum: 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
I love and share your brain!
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by Asquare84(m): 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
seunmsg:
The court already ruled that ministers don’t have the powers to sack head of government agencies appointed by the president. But no, power drunk ministers won’t respect the position of the law.

Good to see that the president has reversed the two illegal dismissal carried out by the power minister. This is a very strong message from the president that he would not condone abuse of power from his ministers. Ministers must learn to stop arrogating to themselves the powers they don’t have under the law.

How I wish you will know the kind of billion that this woman has misappropriate in NBET you will pity Nigerian
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by seunmsg(m): 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
Asquare84:

How I wish you will know the kind of billion that this woman has misappropriate in NBET you will pity Nigerian

Due to the nature of my work, I know lots of public servants that have misappropriated billions of Naira. If the minister is convinced that she’s a rogue, he should simply forward his evidences to the anti corruption agencies for investigation and to the president with a recommendation that she should be dismissed.

Dismissing her without the approval of the president is illegal.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by Asquare84(m): 8:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
seunmsg:

Due to the nature of my work, I know lots of public servants that have misappropriated billions of Naira. If the minister is convinced that she’s a rogue, he should simply forward his evidences to the anti corruption agencies for investigation and to the president with a recommendation that she should be dismissed.

Dismissing her without the approval of the president is illegal.

Investigation have been completed by ICPC on her alleged corruption for your notice
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by seunmsg(m): 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2020
Asquare84:

Investigation have been completed by ICPC on her alleged corruption for your notice

Great! When is ICPC taking her to court?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by slimfit1(m): 3:21am On Jan 10, 2020
WiLdFLame:

How do you know she’s didn’t do anything? It’s not by force to accuse something you know nothing about

I didn't see regular light no where to hide my brother.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by fyneguy: 3:34am On Jan 10, 2020
Bimpe29:
Shoulduld this be true?

Not true.

It shows that Buhari gives them free-hand to run their ministries, but only intervenes when they goof. With time, institutionalization will hold sway in this country.
Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by Sirjamo: 6:48am On Jan 10, 2020
GamalNasser:
Buhari supports ineptitude in every facet ..every one in charge of electricity in Nigeria needs to be kicked out
Salamrushdie, you think you can hide under some other monikers to continue your chronic wailing? I know you are also the one behind that loquacious Rekinha account!!!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Buhari Reverses Dismissal Of Marilyn Amobi As MD NBET. by bubu2019: 7:46am On Jan 10, 2020
slimfit1:
Point out what your Oga at the top achieved almost five years of this regime

(1) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Sparks To Support Igbo Sovereignty / DSS Disrespected Igbo Kings As They Came In Support Of NNAMDI KANU At Abuja / Could This Be Buhari Choice Man For 2023 Presidency?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.