Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,148 members, 7,818,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Viewing Nigerian Tv Stations Is Like A Nightmare - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Viewing Nigerian Tv Stations Is Like A Nightmare (2050 Views)

Homosexuality Movie “I Am Jazz” Banned On Nigerian TV Stations / The Queens And Kings Of Nigerian TV Soap Operas ( Photos ) / Best Male/Female Newscasters/Presenters on Nigerian TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Viewing Nigerian Tv Stations Is Like A Nightmare by Orikinla(m): 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2010
Viewing Nigerian TV stations is the most boring thing.

Nigerian TV stations are still operating in the 20 century in terms of programming.

In fact, the only programmes they can boast of are the music videos they repeat until they get tired of doing so. They simply rotate music videos of all sorts, both the good and the bad once the “desperate for fame and fortune” artistes pay them to broadcast their music videos. They don’t know what makes a good music video. Then their poorly produced local dramas and soaps are irritating. They remind me of school plays in secondary schools.

The only local TV programmes I enjoy are the sports programmes and foreign programmes.
Nigerian TV stations had better local content in the 1970s and 1980s. I wonder why they have not improved their standards since the last century.

STV is like a family community television station established to promote family businesses and advertisers.
DBN TV is pathetic.
LTV is ordinary.
Superscreen is boring.

The best programmes on Nigerian TV are the reality shows copied from the US and the UK and sponsored by the telecom operators competing for the over 85 million users of GSM phones in Africa’s most populous country.

There is scarcity of originality in the entertainment industry. Most of the so called Nollywood dramas and B movies and the music videos are parodies of foreign productions.

The best Nigerian music channel is Sound City, but the trademark name is not original, because there is http://www.soundcity.info/home.htmlSound City, a Sacramento-based entertainment company founded in 1988, and the two more others like Sound City Music and Entertainment and Sound City.com. Tajudeen Adepetu has made a success from using the trademark name in Nigeria.

Music Africa is a TV jukebox without head or tail. Why not sit down and do a proper production with a format.
You wonder why they cannot sit down and have TV prorammes workshops and develop their own original music video programmes with original local content and not music videos of lip-synching copycats of American and British Hip-hop artistes dubbing prerecorded music in keyboards and singing over the tracks like voice over artistes of radio commercials.

A retard or nitwit uses his mother tongue to rap over dubbed and copied sound tracks of American or British artistes and the hordes of ignorant listeners hail him as a new hip hop star. But unknown to them, the clever sound engineers are only pirating the sound tracks of foreign musicians without credit and they call it sampling.

The other desperados are just aping the American or foreign artistes they see on MTV, Trace and other foreign channels without making efforts to create their original own sounds.

They have even dubbed themselves as the Hip-hop generation, but they are only copycats and apes of Western entertainment.
Do not be surprised if you see a Nigerian GRAMMY Awards or Nigerian Academy Awards tomorrow. Nigerians are notorious for dubbing, copying and stealing trademark names with impunity, because even their lawmakers break their own laws and the law enforcement agents are their accomplices or partners in crime in a corrupt society without rules and without scruples.

The programme directors, producers and presenters should either be sacked or sent to the BBC or ABC for training on television programming.

The absence of TV Ratings makes the situation worse.

The best advice is, view only the pay TV channels and avoid the nightmares of Nigerian TV stations identified above.
Re: Viewing Nigerian Tv Stations Is Like A Nightmare by thweraja10: 4:08pm On Dec 04, 2010
Thats true our TV station are so boring its only the music thing that keeps it alive and sports,
Re: Viewing Nigerian Tv Stations Is Like A Nightmare by Dclique(m): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2010
Maybe thats why the price of cable is rapidly falling. Soon cable will be more watched than local tv
Re: Viewing Nigerian Tv Stations Is Like A Nightmare by aieromon(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2010
I hardly watch TV these days because of the poor content of programming.Anything i regard as worthy to be viewed is downloaded,chikena.
PayTV also hosts local TV stations so its all in the cycle,bro.
Re: Viewing Nigerian Tv Stations Is Like A Nightmare by Inkris: 10:05am On Feb 20, 2011
Say the truth, just as it is. What is creativity if originality is lacking, how can there be innovation? No way my people. I am sorry, we are not there if we are not doing it right. Nigerian TV stations are bunch of rat-race economy. Any rubbish is TV, nonsense!!!!!! How can play back-to-back music videos be called a music tv concept/channel. Same on all stations. Spreading sexiness instead of adding value. We have missed the whole educational values of everything for the love of money. It is indeed a shameful acts. DESIGN IS A BEHAVIOR AND NOT A DEPARTMENT! Thank you.  embarassed
Re: Viewing Nigerian Tv Stations Is Like A Nightmare by vincent10(m): 12:12pm On Feb 20, 2011
I watch nigerian station when show football matches. And when it comes to local news i watch channels tv

(1) (Reply)

Blue Gate Launches 55” Android Television / My Little Calculations On TSTV Data Plans / Money Heist (la Casa De Papel): Season 4 [free Download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.