Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,204 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

20 Practical Ways To Improve Oneself In 2020, By Expert - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 20 Practical Ways To Improve Oneself In 2020, By Expert (282 Views)

Is It formal To Introduce Oneself As Mr? / Is It Proper To Introduce Oneself As Miss Or Mrs? / 30 Aba Shoemakers Sent To China For Training Start Their Practical Classes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Practical Ways To Improve Oneself In 2020, By Expert by shehuolayinka(m): 6:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
By, Tunde Omotoye

To those who continue to take self development and self improvement as a personal goal, I say 2020 will be a better year.

Remain consistent, persevere and never let go of your hopes and aspirations.

1. SELF REFLECTION: 1st thing you want to do really is reflect.

This is very important as it lays down the foundations for any step you are willing to take regarding your career or self development.

It helps you understand: – Where you are coming from. – What you want to be.

Self reflection helps you tell yourself the truth without sugar coating it.

While working a Graphic Design job in Mushin with a 30k/month pay, I asked myself a lot of questions.

– What is the end goal of this path?
– I am maximizing my full potential and capacity as a person?

2. OUTLINE YOUR GOALS: Once you’ve reflected on what you really want and where you want to be, it is time to turn your intentions into clearly defined goals.

Always remember that having goals without having a plan in black and white is still a dream.

Outline your goals clearly.

When doing this, remember: – Don’t set goals to impress anyone. – You are the driver of your own goals. – Set a goal in line with your values and career path. – Have a timeline and action plan for your goals. – Be sincere with yourself.

3. BE FRIENDS WITH BOOKS: One thing reading books does to many young professionals is that it improves self-discipline & consistency.

When I landed my first professional job as a HR Officer, I read a lot of entry level management books. Why?

READ MORE: https://thebelltimesng.com/2020/01/09/20-practical-ways-to-improve-oneself-in-2020-by-expert-2/

(1) (Reply)

Project Management Professional PMP Training Course In Lagos / Project Management Professional PMP Training Course In Port Harcourt / Business Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.