Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Donald Trump floats Nato expansion to include Middle East nations - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump floats Nato expansion to include Middle East nations (374 Views)

Biden: No Peace Until Middle East Nations Recognize Israel's Right To Exist / Seyed Hassan Nasrallah: US Soldiers In Middle East Will Go Home In Coffins / 3000 U.S. Soldiers Deployed To The Middle East After Soleimani's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump floats Nato expansion to include Middle East nations by kiyosaki1(m): 9:58pm On Jan 09, 2020
President Donald Trump thinks Nato should be expanded to include nations in the Middle East, suggesting a new name for the 70-year-old alliance: “Natome” short for Nato-Middle East.

“What a beautiful name — Natome,” Mr Trump said, pronouncing it ”Nay-Toe-me.”

Speaking to reporters at the White House during an unrelated event, Mr Trump said the US had cracked down on so-called Islamic State militants, eliminating their control of territory and killing IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

“We did Europe a big favour,” he said.

President Donald Trump, Jens Stoltenberg, the secretary general of Nato and Prime Minister Boris Johnson, sit together during the annual Nato heads of government summit at The Grove hotel in Watford (Stefan Rousseau/PA)

“I think Nato should be expanded and we should include the Middle East, absolutely. … Right now the burden is on us and that’s not fair,” Mr Trump said.

Mr Trump said he also wants to see more Nato troops in the Middle East because problems there are international in scope.

He said he spoke about Nato’s role on Wednesday during a phone call with Nato secretary-general Jens Stoltenberg.

“I think he was actually excited about it. I actually had a name. Nato, right, and then you have ME, Middle East. They would call it Natome,” Mr Trump said.

“I’m good at names, right,” he said and noted how the new North American trade agreement is called USMCA for the US, Mexico and Canada.

https://www.lbcnews.co.uk/world-news/e2eddd61008b4b08ad3cf3a129f463e8/
Re: Donald Trump floats Nato expansion to include Middle East nations by onyotakom: 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
If this will strengthen the existing fragile peace in the Middle East, I think it should be hastenly embraced by other member states of NATO
Re: Donald Trump floats Nato expansion to include Middle East nations by tsdarkside(m): 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
kiyosaki1:

President Donald Trump thinks Nato should be expanded to include nations in the Middle East, suggesting a new name for the 70-year-old alliance: “Natome” short for Nato-Middle East.

Speaking to reporters at the White House during an unrelated event, Mr Trump said the US had cracked down on so-called Islamic State militants, eliminating their control of territory and killing IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

“We did Europe a big favour,” he said.

President Donald Trump, Jens Stoltenberg, the secretary general of Nato and Prime Minister Boris Johnson, sit together during the annual Nato heads of government summit at The Grove hotel in Watford (Stefan Rousseau/PA)

“I think Nato should be expanded and we should include the Middle East, absolutely. … Right now the burden is on us and that’s not fair,” Mr Trump said.

Mr Trump said he also wants to see more Nato troops in the Middle East because problems there are international in scope.

He said he spoke about Nato’s role on Wednesday during a phone call with Nato secretary-general Jens Stoltenberg.

“I think he was actually excited about it. I actually had a name. Nato, right, and then you have ME, Middle East. They would call it Natome,” Mr Trump said.

“I’m good at names, right,” he said and noted how the new North American trade agreement is called USMCA for the US, Mexico and Canada.

this guy has completly lost his freakin mind....

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump floats Nato expansion to include Middle East nations by tck2000(m): 1:01am On Jan 10, 2020
Trump wants more power.i.e more power to Nato=More power to Trump.
Re: Donald Trump floats Nato expansion to include Middle East nations by tsdarkside(m): 3:32am On Jan 10, 2020
onyotakom:
If this will strengthen the existing fragile peace in the Middle East, I think it should be hastenly embraced by other member states of NATO

that is not gonna happen....
Re: Donald Trump floats Nato expansion to include Middle East nations by Mightymanna(m): 11:36am On Jan 10, 2020
Possible members are Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait and Israel
Re: Donald Trump floats Nato expansion to include Middle East nations by panafrican(m): 5:35am On Jan 11, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Don't bother
He will change his mind after only
one post on a special place. Watch the coming days. No one wants Islamic nations using NATO to subdue the world.
It will not work.

(1) (Reply)

Trump's Senate Trial Defense: Abuse Of Power Is Not Impeachable / Photos: Black Leaders Pray For Trump At Black History Month Celebration / Joe Biden Is President Of The United States.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.